Audio and Video Glitches, Skips &Echoes

Equinox FX

Audio and Video Glitches, Skips &Echoes
I just upgraded to Vista, and I have been having some issues with the sound
and video.

I am running a Dell Inspiron 6400 with SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC.
I also have the Sound Blaster Audigy ADVANCED MB software installed.

Whenever I put in a DVD and watch it in Media player, every few minutes the
sound skips and echoes for a few seconds, then works normally again for a few
minutes. This repeats every few minutes. I have the same problem when
watching downloaded videos in WMP, or the DivX player, or any player for that
matter. Every few minutes there is a few seconds or glitching echoing sound.

Furthermore, I hear audio glitches during the startup music/jingle for Vista.

Any help with this would be great, as it is highly annoying!

Thanks!

Cal Bear '66

Re: Audio and Video Glitches, Skips &Echoes
Search Vista's Help and Support for "audio skipping" for guided help.

(Disable Speaker enhancements.)

A well known problem with the current SigmaTel audio driver. Use this as a
workaround until SigmaTel fixes their driver.

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

newsF0BDC9D-0BE5-44D4-ACAE-973D79DFD47C@microsoft.com...