WMP 11- Two copies of each song when ripping

=?Utf-8?B?Y2hyaXNjbA==?=

WMP 11- Two copies of each song when ripping
When I rip a CD, there are two copies of each song in the library of WMP 11.
Anyone have this problem or found a solution?
--
chriscl
=?Utf-8?B?UG93ZWxs?=

RE: WMP 11- Two copies of each song when ripping
Hi Chris:
I don't know if I can give you a correct answer but this is what I found.
When I copy music from disks I had made previously, they open in my unknown
folder because, even though these disks were made on XP, the WMP won't read
the data. From there, I put them in Shared and Public because, even though I
have two Vista books I still can't figure out which folder is used for my P2P
sharing, and lo and behold, I now have 3 copies in my library. I suspect you
can delete one of the copies but, I'd burn it to an RW disk just in case. Not
much help but you have my sympathy. Why'd they have to screw up a perfectly
good music file system.
PBL

"chriscl" wrote:

> When I rip a CD, there are two copies of each song in the library of WMP 11.
> Anyone have this problem or found a solution?
> --
> chriscl

Re: WMP 11- Two copies of each song when ripping
Be very carefull deleting from the library. WMP is set by default to delete
the file as well. See Tools - Options - somewhere
"Powell" <Powell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Chris:
> I don't know if I can give you a correct answer but this is what I found.
> When I copy music from disks I had made previously, they open in my
> unknown
> folder because, even though these disks were made on XP, the WMP won't
> read
> the data. From there, I put them in Shared and Public because, even though
> have two Vista books I still can't figure out which folder is used for my
> P2P
> sharing, and lo and behold, I now have 3 copies in my library. I suspect
> you
> can delete one of the copies but, I'd burn it to an RW disk just in case.
> Not
> much help but you have my sympathy. Why'd they have to screw up a
> perfectly
> good music file system.
> PBL
>

> "chriscl" wrote:
>
>> When I rip a CD, there are two copies of each song in the library of WMP
>> 11.
>> Anyone have this problem or found a solution?
>> --
>> chriscl

=?Utf-8?B?Y2hyaXNjbA==?=

Re: WMP 11- Two copies of each song when ripping
Thanks for the help. I have it set so deleting from the library does not
delete the file. When I rip from a CD I just delete one of the copies and
everything is OK. When I transferred all of my music from my old computer
through the USB transfer cables, I only got two copies of some of the songs.
Again, I just deleted one of the files, so the library only has one to read
and everything is OK.
--
chriscl

"." wrote:

> Be very carefull deleting from the library. WMP is set by default to delete
> the file as well. See Tools - Options - somewhere
> "Powell" <Powell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Chris:
> > I don't know if I can give you a correct answer but this is what I found.
> > When I copy music from disks I had made previously, they open in my
> > unknown
> > folder because, even though these disks were made on XP, the WMP won't
> > read
> > the data. From there, I put them in Shared and Public because, even though
> > have two Vista books I still can't figure out which folder is used for my
> > P2P
> > sharing, and lo and behold, I now have 3 copies in my library. I suspect
> > you
> > can delete one of the copies but, I'd burn it to an RW disk just in case.
> > Not
> > much help but you have my sympathy. Why'd they have to screw up a
> > perfectly
> > good music file system.
> > PBL
> >

> > "chriscl" wrote:
> >
> >> When I rip a CD, there are two copies of each song in the library of WMP
> >> 11.
> >> Anyone have this problem or found a solution?
> >> --
> >> chriscl

Re: WMP 11- Two copies of each song when ripping
Good. Just wanted to warn you before tragedy.