Windows media Player Quit

Glenn

Windows media Player Quit
I am jealous of the people who have specific problems with WMP, like dvds
play slow or the audio is out of sync etc.
Jealous because my WMP just quit totally months ago and I have tried
everything to get it going again..unsuccessfully.
It worked fine for about 5 months then just quit out of the blue. Why do
computers do this??? Just stop doing things or change things for no apparent
reason? WMP just won't even open. It always says' the file wmploc.dll has a
version number 11.0.6000.6336 where 11.0.6000.6324 was expected. WMP is not
installed properly and nedds to be reinstalled." What on earth does this
mean? Is it english?Does microsoft think we are all computer experts who
would just smile and say ahh I know aht that means? Of course it doesn't let
you reinstall it and you just go round and round in circles wasting hours
getting nowhere.I've tried downloading WMP from the microsoft website but of
course it lets you waste hours downloading things THEN tells you it cannot do
this AFTER you have wasted hours. AAARGGG!!!! I just want WMP to work like it
used to before IT stopped working for NO REASON.
zachd [MSFT]

Re: Windows media Player Quit

That while painful is actually easy to fix:
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#wrongver

Open cmd.exe as an administrator and then run
"c:\windows\system32\unregmp2.exe /UpdateWMP" to fix this.

--
Speaking for myself only.
"Glenn" <Glenn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am jealous of the people who have specific problems with WMP, like dvds
> play slow or the audio is out of sync etc.
> Jealous because my WMP just quit totally months ago and I have tried
> everything to get it going again..unsuccessfully.
> It worked fine for about 5 months then just quit out of the blue. Why do
> computers do this??? Just stop doing things or change things for no
> apparent
> reason? WMP just won't even open. It always says' the file wmploc.dll has
> version number 11.0.6000.6336 where 11.0.6000.6324 was expected. WMP is
> not
> installed properly and nedds to be reinstalled." What on earth does this
> mean? Is it english?Does microsoft think we are all computer experts who
> would just smile and say ahh I know aht that means? Of course it doesn't
> let
> you reinstall it and you just go round and round in circles wasting hours
> getting nowhere.I've tried downloading WMP from the microsoft website but
> of
> course it lets you waste hours downloading things THEN tells you it cannot
> do
> this AFTER you have wasted hours. AAARGGG!!!! I just want WMP to work like
> it
> used to before IT stopped working for NO REASON.

Glenn

Re: Windows media Player Quit
Thank you, that worked and I now have player back. Much appreciated
--
Glenn