Disable WMP

Dager

Disable WMP
I bought an Acer Notebook with Vista preloaded, which also means WMP 11 is
the default for media. I have a preference for Media Player Classic which is
pretty much WMP 6 with extra features. It's simple and straightforward and I
highly recommend it. My problem is, even after turning every format on for
MPC, it's still WMP that comes up when I click on a media file. How can I
override it?
Edward

Re: Disable WMP

"Dager" <Dager@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
>I bought an Acer Notebook with Vista preloaded, which also means WMP 11 is
> the default for media. I have a preference for Media Player Classic which
> is
> pretty much WMP 6 with extra features. It's simple and straightforward and
> highly recommend it. My problem is, even after turning every format on for
> MPC, it's still WMP that comes up when I click on a media file. How can I
> override it?

Right click a music-, photo- or videofile, click 'open with', and choose
'select standardprogram'.
Hope this will help.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Disable WMP

Which installer did you use for MPC? They should probably update their
installer to be Vista-compatible/aware. I submitted most of the fixes for
that to at least the CCCP guys a while ago. *looks that up*

OK, here--
http://www.cccp-project.net/smf/inde...=1964.msg13546
that post of mine also has basic Set User Defaults registration for Media
Player Classic, which should probably greatly move you forward.

It would be really great if that was added to the actual Media Player
Classic installer so that it was more Vista compatible, but that for now
remains a dream a mine. =\

--
Speaking for myself only.