windows media player skips

=?Utf-8?B?bWVn?=

windows media player skips
My media player skips when it gets toward the end of playing a song. I can
"rewind" the song and it may not skip the second time. It sounds like a
scratched cd.

What could be the problem?
=?Utf-8?B?Y2hyaXNjbA==?=

RE: windows media player skips
I have the same problem. It happens on every song that has been ripped from
a CD and played from the WMP11 library. I can play the song directly from
the folder in Music and it plays fine. Also, when I rip a CD, I get two
copies of every song in the WMP library. I have a Dell XPS and the Dell
technicians have no clue on this issue.
-
chriscl

"meg" wrote:

> My media player skips when it gets toward the end of playing a song. I can
> "rewind" the song and it may not skip the second time. It sounds like a
> scratched cd.
>
> What could be the problem?

Michael

Re: windows media player skips
From another poster, sorry I don't remember who so cannot give proper
credit.
To cure stutter about 20 seconds from end of song....

Control panel
Sound
Speakers/Headphones
Enhancements
***** DISABLE all enhancements ******

worked for me.

(your exact path to this option may vary depending on audio card that is
installed, mine is onboard Dell XPS4100)

Michael

"chriscl" <chriscl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have the same problem. It happens on every song that has been ripped
>from
> a CD and played from the WMP11 library. I can play the song directly from
> the folder in Music and it plays fine. Also, when I rip a CD, I get two
> copies of every song in the WMP library. I have a Dell XPS and the Dell
> technicians have no clue on this issue.
> -
> chriscl
>

> "meg" wrote:
>
>> My media player skips when it gets toward the end of playing a song. I
>> can
>> "rewind" the song and it may not skip the second time. It sounds like a
>> scratched cd.
>>
>> What could be the problem?

=?Utf-8?B?Y2hyaXNjbA==?=

Re: windows media player skips
Thanks. I found the fix about 5 minutes ago. Unbelieveable that no one at
Dell has a clue about this. Wish I had found this earlier, would have saved
about 8 hours with Dell.

I still have the problem when ripping a CD that I get two copies of each
song on the WMP library.
--
chriscl

"Michael" wrote:

> From another poster, sorry I don't remember who so cannot give proper
> credit.
> To cure stutter about 20 seconds from end of song....
>
> Control panel
> Sound
> Speakers/Headphones
> Enhancements
> ***** DISABLE all enhancements ******
>
> worked for me.
>
> (your exact path to this option may vary depending on audio card that is
> installed, mine is onboard Dell XPS4100)
>
> Michael
>
> "chriscl" <chriscl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have the same problem. It happens on every song that has been ripped
> >from
> > a CD and played from the WMP11 library. I can play the song directly from
> > the folder in Music and it plays fine. Also, when I rip a CD, I get two
> > copies of every song in the WMP library. I have a Dell XPS and the Dell
> > technicians have no clue on this issue.
> > -
> > chriscl
> >

> > "meg" wrote:
> >
> >> My media player skips when it gets toward the end of playing a song. I
> >> can
> >> "rewind" the song and it may not skip the second time. It sounds like a
> >> scratched cd.
> >>
> >> What could be the problem?

=?Utf-8?B?bWVn?=

Re: windows media player skips
thanks for the advice. I spent time with dell as well. I have played songs
and no skips.

"chriscl" wrote:

> Thanks. I found the fix about 5 minutes ago. Unbelieveable that no one at
> Dell has a clue about this. Wish I had found this earlier, would have saved
> about 8 hours with Dell.
>
> I still have the problem when ripping a CD that I ge

t two copies of each
> song on the WMP library.
> --
> chriscl
>

> "Michael" wrote:
>
> > From another poster, sorry I don't remember who so cannot give proper
> > credit.
> > To cure stutter about 20 seconds from end of song....
> >
> > Control panel
> > Sound
> > Speakers/Headphones
> > Enhancements
> > ***** DISABLE all enhancements ******
> >
> > worked for me.
> >
> > (your exact path to this option may vary depending on audio card that is
> > installed, mine is onboard Dell XPS4100)
> >
> > Michael
> >
> > "chriscl" <chriscl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I have the same problem. It happens on every song that has been ripped
> > >from
> > > a CD and played from the WMP11 library. I can play the song directly from
> > > the folder in Music and it plays fine. Also, when I rip a CD, I get two
> > > copies of every song in the WMP library. I have a Dell XPS and the Dell
> > > technicians have no clue on this issue.
> > > -
> > > chriscl

=?Utf-8?B?RWw=?=

Re: windows media player skips
Thanks for the info. I'm so glad someone knew how to fix that skipping
problem, but I also find that most of the tracks I've ripped have 2 copies,
what's up with that?

"chriscl" wrote:

> Thanks. I found the fix about 5 minutes ago. Unbelieveable that no one at
> Dell has a clue about this. Wish I had found this earlier, would have saved
> about 8 hours with Dell.
>
> I still have the problem when ripping a CD that I get two copies of each
> song on the WMP library.
> --
> chriscl
>

> "Michael" wrote:
>
> > From another poster, sorry I don't remember who so cannot give proper
> > credit.
> > To cure stutter about 20 seconds from end of song....
> >
> > Control panel
> > Sound
> > Speakers/Headphones
> > Enhancements
> > ***** DISABLE all enhancements ******
> >
> > worked for me.
> >
> > (your exact path to this option may vary depending on audio card that is
> > installed, mine is onboard Dell XPS4100)
> >
> > Michael
> >
> > "chriscl" <chriscl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I have the same problem. It happens on every song that has been ripped
> > >from
> > > a CD and played from the WMP11 library. I can play the song directly from
> > > the folder in Music and it plays fine. Also, when I rip a CD, I get two
> > > copies of every song in the WMP library. I have a Dell XPS and the Dell
> > > technicians have no clue on this issue.
> > > -
> > > chriscl

=?Utf-8?B?cGljYXNvZmFjZQ==?=

Re: windows media player skips
I was about to crazy with the media player, thanks.

"Michael" wrote:

> From another poster, sorry I don't remember who so cannot give proper
> credit.
> To cure stutter about 20 seconds from end of song....
>
> Control panel
> Sound
> Speakers/Headphones
> Enhancements
> ***** DISABLE all enhancements ******
>
> worked for me.
>
> (your exact path to this option may vary depending on audio card that is
> installed, mine is onboard Dell XPS4100)
>
> Michael
>
> "chriscl" <chriscl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have the same problem. It happens on every song that has been ripped
> >from
> > a CD and played from the WMP11 library. I can play the song directly from
> > the folder in Music and it plays fine. Also, when I rip a CD, I get two
> > copies of every song in the WMP library. I have a Dell XPS and the Dell
> > technicians have no clue on this issue.
> > -
> > chriscl
> >

> > "meg" wrote:
> >
> >> My media player skips when it gets toward the end of playing a song. I
> >> can
> >> "rewind" the song and it may not skip the second time. It sounds like a
> >> scratched cd.
> >>
> >> What could be the problem?

=?Utf-8?B?TmVpbA==?=

Re: windows media player skips
THANK YOU!!!
and THANK YOU!!! to unknown other poster who told you this.

OMFG this was driving me nuts and i also spent time with Dell and Microsoft
(who said i had to speak to Dell). i can't believe MS or Dell haven't posted
this prominently. i've searched all over and could only find other people
complaining until now.

"Michael" wrote:

> From another poster, sorry I don't remember who so cannot give proper
> credit.
> To cure stutter about 20 seconds from end of song....
>
> Control panel
> Sound
> Speakers/Headphones
> Enhancements
> ***** DISABLE all enhancements ******
>
> worked for me.
>
> (your exact path to this option may vary depending on audio card that is
> installed, mine is onboard Dell XPS4100)
>
> Michael
>
> "chriscl" <chriscl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have the same problem. It happens on every song that has been ripped
> >from
> > a CD and played from the WMP11 library. I can play the song directly from
> > the folder in Music and it plays fine. Also, when I rip a CD, I get two
> > copies of every song in the WMP library. I have a Dell XPS and the Dell
> > technicians have no clue on this issue.
> > -
> > chriscl
> >

> > "meg" wrote:
> >
> >> My media player skips when it gets toward the end of playing a song. I
> >> can
> >> "rewind" the song and it may not skip the second time. It sounds like a
> >> scratched cd.
> >>
> >> What could be the problem?

Michael

Re: windows media player skips
Neil,
So far as I have seen, every report that mentioned what computer was being
used was a Dell. Would think Dell would have the fix in their scripts by
now.

Michael

"Neil" <Neil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> THANK YOU!!!
> and THANK YOU!!! to unknown other poster who told you this.
>
> OMFG this was driving me nuts and i also spent time with Dell and
> Microsoft
> (who said i had to speak to Dell). i can't believe MS or Dell haven't
> posted
> this prominently. i've searched all over and could only find other people
> complaining until now.
>
> "Michael" wrote:
>
>> From another poster, sorry I don't remember who so cannot give proper
>> credit.
>> To cure stutter about 20 seconds from end of song....
>>
>> Control panel
>> Sound
>> Speakers/Headphones
>> Enhancements
>> ***** DISABLE all enhancements ******
>>
>> worked for me.
>>
>> (your exact path to this option may vary depending on audio card that is
>> installed, mine is onboard Dell XPS4100)
>>
>> Michael
>>
>> "chriscl" <chriscl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have the same problem. It happens on every song that has been ripped
>> >from
>> > a CD and played from the WMP11 library. I can play the song directly
>> > from
>> > the folder in Music and it plays fine. Also, when I rip a CD, I get two
>> > copies of every song in the WMP library. I have a Dell XPS and the
>> > Dell
>> > technicians have no clue on this issue.
>> > -
>> > chriscl

=?Utf-8?B?VEM=?=

Re: windows media player skips
I am trying your fix right now. I was worried that the fix was going to be to
re-burn all cd's. Yeah, right. I have about 8k songs from my collection. I
was going to go nuts. I'll let you know if it works. Thank You so much! I
need my tunes. TC