Media Center Crashes on Vista? But Not In Diff. User

=?Utf-8?B?U3BpbnN0b3Jt?=

Media Center Crashes on Vista? But Not In Diff. User

I installed Vista Ultimate on my PC recently and got two problems -Windows
Media Player and Media Center would crash as soon as I opened them!

I managed to fix the WMP problem by re-registering some DLLs off the
microsoft site (if that is what the problem was) but Media Center still
crashes - Everytime!
It won't even load the program now! it just comes up with the "MC has
stopped working" and the close program window pops up although for a few days
I could actually get to the set up screen but then it just causes the same
error message and shuts down!

But what is even stranger is that when I created a new user account Media
Center worked perfectly!

Whats going on there? it won't work on my main account but will on another
account!?

If anyone has any solutions to the problem I have had with media center I
would appreciate it. thanks.

Dale

Re: Media Center Crashes on Vista? But Not In Diff. User
You could always move all your data to the new user for backup purposes,
delete the profile for the other corrupt user, and then re-create that
profile.

Do you have DRM'd media files that you would risk losing by doing something
like that?

Dale

"Spinstorm" <Spinstorm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I installed Vista Ultimate on my PC recently and got two problems -Windows
> Media Player and Media Center would crash as soon as I opened them!
>
> I managed to fix the WMP problem by re-registering some DLLs off the
> microsoft site (if that is what the problem was) but Media Center still
> crashes - Everytime!
> It won't even load the program now! it just comes up with the "MC has
> stopped working" and the close program window pops up although for a few
> days
> I could actually get to the set up screen but then it just causes the same
> error message and shuts down!
>
> But what is even stranger is that when I created a new user account Media
> Center worked perfectly!
>
> Whats going on there? it won't work on my main account but will on another
> account!?
>
> If anyone has any solutions to the problem I have had with media center I
> would appreciate it. thanks.

=?Utf-8?B?U3BpbnN0b3Jt?=

Re: Media Center Crashes on Vista? But Not In Diff. User
That is a good idea but I am using an admin account right now so can I delete
my self like that?

And yes I do have some DRM files on this User account but I can redownload
them if worse comes to worse (although I am using the same PC so why would
they become invalid?).

And would there be an easier way to move everything to the other user?

Having said that why am I having this issue anyway? surely Media Center
should work perfectly!?