Unable to view video from camera card in WPG

karsma

Unable to view video from camera card in WPG
After loading pix and short video clips from Panasonic camera SD card to
computer running Vista, it assigns photos for viewing in .jpeg format, which
is fine, but the video clips are assigned a .mov file type and cannot be
viewed. Does anyone know how to change the file type so I can watch the
video clips since the .mov extension is not supported in WPG?
John Inzer

Re: Unable to view video from camera card in WPG
karsma wrote:
> After loading pix and short video clips from Panasonic camera SD card
> to computer running Vista, it assigns photos for viewing in .jpeg
> format, which is fine, but the video clips are assigned a .mov file
> type and cannot be viewed. Does anyone know how to change the file
> type so I can watch the video clips since the .mov extension is not
> supported in WPG?

==========================
Apple QuickTime plays .mov files.

And you should be able to convert
them to a different format with the
following freeware.

SUPER © Simplified
Universal Player Encoder & Renderer
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/SUPER_1
(the mirror download site is faster)

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

karsma

Re: Unable to view video from camera card in WPG
Thanks for your quick response! Will Quick Time open automatically when
trying to view the video clips, or will I have to designate that program to
always open the .mov file types? Also, if I download the free conversion
program, is it pretty simple to use? I'm not technically advanced in this
area. Thanks.

karsma wrote:
> Thanks for your quick response! Will Quick Time open automatically
> when trying to view the video clips, or will I have to designate that
> program to always open the .mov file types?

==============================
When installing QuickTime you should
see an option that allows you to set
it as the default viewer.

Also the following links may be useful:

How to Set Default Associations
For a Program in Vista
http://tinyurl.com/2abtmr

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/83...ociations.html

My camera takes Quicktime video. How do
I see those files in the Windows Vista Photo Gallery?
http://blogs.msdn.com/pix/pages/faq.aspx#q10

==============================
> Also, if I download the
> free conversion program, is it pretty simple to use? I'm not
> technically advanced in this area. Thanks.

==============================
Actually...it can be confusing. All I can
say is you'll have to experiment with it.
I just use it on the default settings.

If you purchase the retail version of QuickTime...
it has an option for converting .mov files to
other formats.

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -
Digital Image MVP

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

karsma

Re: Unable to view video from camera card in WPG
Thanks, John. You are most helpful!