Importing iTunes folder to WMP

Danielle

Importing iTunes folder to WMP
i'm sorry if this question has already been answered, but so far i can't find
a simple english answer for it! i don't know much about converting WAV, MP3,
or any other formats. but my real problem is i just want to take all my music
from itunes and put into windows media player so they can both share the
files. i told WMP to "watch" the itunes folder, but when i click "ok" to
import it reports 0 files found. i know it must have something to do with
converting the formats but can someone give me a SIMPLE explanation of a SAFE
way to do this? thanks!!
nielsen@nigraph.com's Avatar

Location: Mexico city
nielsen@nigraph.com is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Media player do not support M4a (Ipod) files.
I use Media Jukebox 12 (Free download)
Do this:
Download Media Jukebox, and read the manual, get used to it and check the settings. Configure it to check for music in only one folder (your music folder)
If you have Itunes on your PC:
Open Itunes and deselect automatic syncing. Close Itunes.
Connect your Ipod if Itunes starts close it.
Open computer, open External drive where your Ipod is connected, it will show diff. folder, select all, right click and open properties, in general deselect read only, in folder view, show hidden folders.
You will now have 4 or five folders open one after the other until you find one with folders named F00, F01, F02 and so on, Copy all these folders to your music folder, depending on volume this will take some time, don't work on your PC during copy it can damage your files.
Disconnect your Ipod, open your player, your player will update with the Ipod files.
If you have Media Jukebox this will work, some players do not reconize M4a files.
Have fun, King
__________________
Vinyl Rocks and I'm the King
Axe Murderer

Re: Importing iTunes folder to WMP
Does ne1 know is this the only way? Most things in my itunes music folder
are ripped from cds. Does this mean my entire library won't work on my media
center? On XP I could use zune to play my music through my xbox 360. I even
downloaded the Zune software looking to find a way to stream my music to the
xbox. Ne help will be appreciated. I don't want to download another media
player.

"nielsen@nigraph.com" wrote:

> Media player do not support M4a (Ipod) files.
> I use Media Jukebox 12 (Free download)
> Do this:
> Download Media Jukebox, and read the manual, get used to it and check
> the settings. Configure it to check for music in only one folder (your
> music folder)
> If you have Itunes on your PC:
> Open Itunes and deselect automatic syncing. Close Itunes.
> Connect your Ipod if Itunes starts close it.
> Open computer, open External drive where your Ipod is connected, it
> will show diff. folder, select all, right click and open properties, in
> general deselect read only, in folder view, show hidden folders.
> You will now have 4 or five folders open one after the other until you
> find one with folders named F00, F01, F02 and so on, Copy all these
> folders to your music folder, depending on volume this will take some
> time, don't work on your PC during copy it can damage your files.
> Disconnect your Ipod, open your player, your player will update with
> the Ipod files.
> If you have Media Jukebox this will work, some players do not reconize
> M4a files.
> Have fun, King
>

> --
> nielsen@nigraph.com
>
> Vinyl Rocks and I'm the King

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Importing iTunes folder to WMP

What file format are they? The Zune Media Player should support
non-purchased iTunes-produced files - if they were just ripped from CD, they
should work fine in the Zune Media Player.

The Zune also has a streaming service that should work fine here...

What happened when you tried this with the Zune player?

--
Speaking for myself only.