vista and quicktime

sgold

vista and quicktime
I have a digital camera...still camera, and it is able to do video as
well...the quality is excellent, and i would like to be able to use those
clips with software to make dvds. Problem is, I have a brand new computer
that has vista installed, and my camera produces quicktime videos which
vista does not support....

I have tried a couple of different software packages, but they didn't work.

i haven't found a conversion software package that i can trust yet, or at
least one that has any reputation....

any ideas???

Sam

Paul Smith

Re: vista and quicktime
"sgold" <sgold1@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:BsGGh.5476$P47.5004@newssvr22.news.prodigy.ne t...
>I have a digital camera...still camera, and it is able to do video as
>well...the quality is excellent, and i would like to be able to use those
>clips with software to make dvds. Problem is, I have a brand new computer
>that has vista installed, and my camera produces quicktime videos which
>vista does not support....
>
> I have tried a couple of different software packages, but they didn't
> work.
>
> i haven't found a conversion software package that i can trust yet, or at
> least one that has any reputation....

QuickTime and QuickTime Alternative both work here. Have you tried
installing them?

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

*Remove nospam. to reply by e-mail*

sgold

Re: vista and quicktime
will quicktime or quicktime alt convert quicktime videos to other formats???

"Paul Smith" <Paul@nospam.windowsresource.net> wrote in message
news12E3116-E697-41BF-83F6-EC27348D6B32@microsoft.com...
> "sgold" <sgold1@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> news:BsGGh.5476$P47.5004@newssvr22.news.prodigy.ne t...
>>I have a digital camera...still camera, and it is able to do video as
>>well...the quality is excellent, and i would like to be able to use those
>>clips with software to make dvds. Problem is, I have a brand new computer
>>that has vista installed, and my camera produces quicktime videos which
>>vista does not support....
>>
>> I have tried a couple of different software packages, but they didn't
>> work.
>>
>> i haven't found a conversion software package that i can trust yet, or at
>> least one that has any reputation....

> QuickTime and QuickTime Alternative both work here. Have you tried
> installing them?
>
> --
> Paul Smith,
> Yeovil, UK.
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User.
> http://www.windowsresource.net/
>
> *Remove nospam. to reply by e-mail*

Susan

vista photo gallery and quicktime
I love Vista's photo gallery so far, but the video clips from our digital camera do not show up in the file organization. If I navigate to the folder itself, the videos are there and they will play. But, they do not show up for me to tag them, access them easily, etc. Is this due to an incompatibility between Vista and Quicktime? Any suggestions?

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
zachd [MSFT]

Re: vista photo gallery and quicktime

What file format are the video files? It sounds like you are using a format
the system does not natively support.

--
Speaking for myself only.

<Susan> wrote in message news:2007318134951sustalbott@hotmail.com...
>I love Vista's photo gallery so far, but the video clips from our digital
>camera do not show up in the file organization. If I navigate to the
>folder itself, the videos are there and they will play. But, they do not
>show up for me to tag them, access them easily, etc. Is this due to an
>incompatibility between Vista and Quicktime? Any suggestions?

> http://www.eggheadcafe.com

=?Utf-8?B?d2FyZHk=?=

Re: vista photo gallery and quicktime
I have the same problem. I have a Kodak digital camera that creates video
clips using the .MOV format. I would like to use them in my DVD presentation
using Windows DVD Maker, but this program does not support .MOV. I have been
looking for a converter, but can't find one that works.

Is Micorsoft working on a solution?

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> What file format are the video files? It sounds like you are using a format
> the system does not natively support.
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
>
> <Susan> wrote in message news:2007318134951sustalbott@hotmail.com...
> >I love Vista's photo gallery so far, but the video clips from our digital
> >camera do not show up in the file organization. If I navigate to the
> >folder itself, the videos are there and they will play. But, they do not
> >show up for me to tag them, access them easily, etc. Is this due to an
> >incompatibility between Vista and Quicktime? Any suggestions?
> >
> > EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
> > http://www.eggheadcafe.com

zachd [MSFT]

Re: vista photo gallery and quicktime

Isn't MOV an Apple format? I thought you could pay them for QuickTime Pro
and that would let you convert the format to other file types...

If your camera only outputs to a format that's a problem, you may want to
take your camera back in order to avoid the potential headaches. I'm a big
fan of standard miniDV cameras. =)

--
Speaking for myself only.