Lost Wedding Pics

chrski

Lost Wedding Pics
I just got home from my nephews wedding cruise yesterday.
While on the cruise I downloaded pictures from my camera to my
laptop(running Vista) 3 times to free up space on the camera's sd-card
It created photo folders by date
Now today I went to combine all cruise pictures, I clicked groups of pics in
each dated folder and dragged them to the first dated folder ( why I did that
I now I have no idea why) if I remember right it asked if I wanted to replace
same named (ie. jpg.078) and I must have said yes
so now I have lost the previously number named pictures
I have looked every where that I could imagine
Would anyone be kind enough to help.
I fell terrible, I haven't told my nephew yet.

Thank You.

chrski
chrski

RE: Lost Wedding Pics
I also checked the recycle bin and didn't see them but I restored all the
files in the bin anyway

chrski

"chrski" wrote:

> I just got home from my nephews wedding cruise yesterday.
> While on the cruise I downloaded pictures from my camera to my
> laptop(running Vista) 3 times to free up space on the camera's sd-card
> It created photo folders by date
> Now today I went to combine all cruise pictures, I clicked groups of pics in
> each dated folder and dragged them to the first dated folder ( why I did that
> I now I have no idea why) if I remember right it asked if I wanted to replace
> same named (ie. jpg.078) and I must have said yes
> so now I have lost the previously number named pictures
> I have looked every where that I could imagine
> Would anyone be kind enough to help.
> I fell terrible, I haven't told my nephew yet.
>
> Thank You.
>
> chrski

Dave

Re: Lost Wedding Pics
1. are they still on the camera?
2. Versions of Vista above Home (not sure which ones) have a versions
capability, where you can revert to previous versions of a file.
3. Download Recuva and see if it finds any deleted files.
http://www.recuva.com/

Good luck!

--
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"chrski" <chrski@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I just got home from my nephews wedding cruise yesterday.
> While on the cruise I downloaded pictures from my camera to my
> laptop(running Vista) 3 times to free up space on the camera's sd-card
> It created photo folders by date
> Now today I went to combine all cruise pictures, I clicked groups of pics
> in
> each dated folder and dragged them to the first dated folder ( why I did
> that
> I now I have no idea why) if I remember right it asked if I wanted to
> replace
> same named (ie. jpg.078) and I must have said yes
> so now I have lost the previously number named pictures
> I have looked every where that I could imagine
> Would anyone be kind enough to help.
> I fell terrible, I haven't told my nephew yet.
>
> Thank You.
>
> chrski

John Inzer

Re: Lost Wedding Pics
chrski wrote:
> I just got home from my nephews wedding cruise yesterday.
> While on the cruise I downloaded pictures from my camera to my
> laptop(running Vista) 3 times to free up space on the camera's sd-card
> It created photo folders by date
> Now today I went to combine all cruise pictures, I clicked groups of
> pics in each dated folder and dragged them to the first dated folder
> ( why I did that I now I have no idea why) if I remember right it
> asked if I wanted to replace same named (ie. jpg.078) and I must have
> said yes
> so now I have lost the previously number named pictures
> I have looked every where that I could imagine
> Would anyone be kind enough to help.
> I fell terrible, I haven't told my nephew yet.
>
> Thank You.
>
> chrski

=================================
Maybe the following info would be useful...

Windows Vista -
Shadow Copy
http://tinyurl.com/37sclr

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...hadowcopy.mspx

Using Shadow Copy to Restore
Previous Versions of a File
http://tinyurl.com/yofr96

http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/wi...01/444439.aspx

Beyond that.....

Apparently the problem was caused by files
in each folder bearing the same name/number.
When a file is replaced (overwritten) the
original is not recoverable. In the future you
may be able to change the settings on your
camera so the file numbers are not duplicated
with every new batch of pictures.

Maybe you could recover the files from your
memory card. Try the freware Recuva:

Recuva - File Recovery
http://www.recuva.com/

--