windows media player services plug-ins

AMB

windows media player services plug-ins
I have just recently bought my laptop with Vista Home Premium on it. The
problem occurred after I transferred all files over and tried to play my
Corrinne Baley Ray audio cd. The page came up saying I needed to download a
license and to press the button. After doing this I get a message saying that
"my netscape browser does not have windows media services plugins installed.
And thats as far as I can go. ny help would be appreciated!
zachd [MSFT]

Re: windows media player services plug-ins

Can you redownload the licenses using Internet Explorer? Netscape use a
different plugin model. =\

--
Speaking for myself only.

"AMB" <AMB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have just recently bought my laptop with Vista Home Premium on it. The
> problem occurred after I transferred all files over and tried to play my
> Corrinne Baley Ray audio cd. The page came up saying I needed to download
> license and to press the button. After doing this I get a message saying
> that
> "my netscape browser does not have windows media services plugins
> installed.
> And thats as far as I can go. ny help would be appreciated!

amb

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> Can you redownload the licenses using Internet Explorer? Netscape use a
> different plugin model. =\
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
>
> "AMB" <AMB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have just recently bought my laptop with Vista Home Premium on it. The
> > problem occurred after I transferred all files over and tried to play my
> > Corrinne Baley Ray audio cd. The page came up saying I needed to download
> > license and to press the button. After doing this I get a message saying
> > that
> > "my netscape browser does not have windows media services plugins
> > installed.
> > And thats as far as I can go. ny help would be appreciated!

> since i am new at this how would I go about reinstalling the licenses?

zachd [MSFT]

Re: windows media player services plug-ins

You should be prompted to do this when you play the content.

That being said, wait: you got this trying to play a physical audio CD?
That doesn't make sense. Is this some sort of hybrid CD?

--

> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>

>> Can you redownload the licenses using Internet Explorer? Netscape use a
>> different plugin model. =\
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> rights.
>> --
>>
>> "AMB" <AMB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have just recently bought my laptop with Vista Home Premium on it. The
>> > problem occurred after I transferred all files over and tried to play
>> > my
>> > Corrinne Baley Ray audio cd. The page came up saying I needed to
>> > download
>> > license and to press the button. After doing this I get a message
>> > saying
>> > that
>> > "my netscape browser does not have windows media services plugins
>> > installed.
>> > And thats as far as I can go. ny help would be appreciated!

>> since i am new at this how would I go about reinstalling the licenses?

jono

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> You should be prompted to do this when you play the content.
>
> That being said, wait: you got this trying to play a physical audio CD?
> That doesn't make sense. Is this some sort of hybrid CD?
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> "amb" <amb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >

> > "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
> >

> >> Can you redownload the licenses using Internet Explorer? Netscape use a
> >> different plugin model. =\
> >>
> >> --
> >> Speaking for myself only.
> >> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
> >> rights.
> >> --
> >>
> >> "AMB" <AMB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>

> >> since i am new at this how would I go about reinstalling the licenses?

Hey Guys (amb & MSFT, I am in exactly the same position as amb. I have just
bought a oaptop with Windows Vista, and now I cannot play my music which
needs to download a license. It is exactly the same message as amb, regarding
some Netscape browser Microsoft (R)Windows Media Services plug-ins not
installed. Appreciate some help please.
zachd [MSFT]

Re: windows media player services plug-ins

What happens when you try this using Internet Explorer?

What browser *are* you trying to use?

--
Speaking for myself only.