MP3 to WMA

Puppy Breath

Re: MP3 to WMA
Sheesh, you'd think something like that would install and run easily.
Anyway...

I use DeskShare Digital Media Converter for some audio and video
conversions. It hiccupped when I tried to install it in Vista. But I was
still able to run it and convert a couple of WMAs to MP3s. You might want to
try downloading the freebie version fr0m their site first
(www.deskshare.com) to see if it'll to work.

A search for Vista Audio Converter came up with one that supposedly is
already written for Vista here:

http://www.akramsoft.net/

I didn't try it though. Again, you could just download it and give it a try.

If all else fails and you're ripping CDs, you could always rip twice (not as
fast, I know). Rip to WMA, then rip again to MP3.

"Martin Racette" <rat7_2001@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The one that used was from Microsoft, it was the bonus pack for Windows
> Media Player, but it is not compatible with Vista, and refuse to install
> at all
>
> Can you give more about which application could do the same, and not be
> too complicated to use
>
> --
> -----
> Thank you in advance
> Merci a l'avance
>
> Martin
> "Puppy Breath" <nereply@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> You could probably use the same app or tool you used in XP. There's a ton
>> of programs you can use to convert media file types. Since they don't
>> work close to the metal, I would expect any XP program would work in
>> Vista.
>>

>> "Martin Racette" <rat7_2001@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The only thing that I really miss in Vista is the tool that I had in XP
>>> to convert the MP3s into WMA
>>>
>>> Is there something in Vista that will let me do that
>>>
>>> BTW I'm using Vista Ultimate x64
>>>
>>> -------------------------
>>> Thank you in Advance
>>> Merci a l'avance
>>>
>>> Martin

Puppy Breath

Re: MP3 to WMA
You could probably use the same app or tool you used in XP. There's a ton of
programs you can use to convert media file types. Since they don't work
close to the metal, I would expect any XP program would work in Vista.

"Martin Racette" <rat7_2001@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> The only thing that I really miss in Vista is the tool that I had in XP to
> convert the MP3s into WMA
>
> Is there something in Vista that will let me do that
>
> BTW I'm using Vista Ultimate x64
>
> -------------------------
> Thank you in Advance
> Merci a l'avance
>
> Martin

Martin Racette

Re: MP3 to WMA
The one that used was from Microsoft, it was the bonus pack for Windows
Media Player, but it is not compatible with Vista, and refuse to install at
all

Can you give more about which application could do the same, and not be too
complicated to use

--
-----
Thank you in advance
Merci a l'avance

Martin
"Puppy Breath" <nereply@nospam.com> wrote in message
> You could probably use the same app or tool you used in XP. There's a ton
> of programs you can use to convert media file types. Since they don't work
> close to the metal, I would expect any XP program would work in Vista.
>

> "Martin Racette" <rat7_2001@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> The only thing that I really miss in Vista is the tool that I had in XP
>> to convert the MP3s into WMA
>>
>> Is there something in Vista that will let me do that
>>
>> BTW I'm using Vista Ultimate x64
>>
>> -------------------------
>> Thank you in Advance
>> Merci a l'avance
>>
>> Martin

John Inzer

Re: MP3 to WMA
Martin Racette wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The only thing that I really miss in Vista is the tool that I had in
> XP to convert the MP3s into WMA
>
> Is there something in Vista that will let me do that
>
> BTW I'm using Vista Ultimate x64
>
> -------------------------
> Thank you in Advance
> Merci a l'avance
>
> Martin

==============================
Maybe the following freebie would
be useful

Free Mp3 Wma Converter
http://tinyurl.com/y9yzhz

(It's always a good idea to create a
system restore point before installing
software)

And...here's a possible work around.

Create a Music CD from the MP3s using
Windows Media Player.

Then use Windows Media Player to RIP
the CD and choose .wma as the format.

--
John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Dale

Re: MP3 to WMA
Why would you want to convert from MP3 to WMA? I can't think of a single
reason why I would do that.

Dale

"Martin Racette" <rat7_2001@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> The only thing that I really miss in Vista is the tool that I had in XP to
> convert the MP3s into WMA
>
> Is there something in Vista that will let me do that
>
> BTW I'm using Vista Ultimate x64

> Thank you in Advance
> Merci a l'avance
>
> Martin

Martin Racette

Re: MP3 to WMA
Because WMA take upa lot less space than MP3s, and when I used to convert
them (in XP), I was also able to level the sound so that I don't need to
play with the volume each time that WMP chance tune