Uninstall Windows Media Player 11....

=?Utf-8?B?YnVjZmFu?=

Uninstall Windows Media Player 11....
Is there any way to do this? Obviously most of us know it is not an option
uner "Add/Remove Programs" but I am sure there has to be some way. Has anyone
found a way to do remove it yet? I would like really just to re-install it
from scratch but you dont even get an option to Repair.
=?Utf-8?B?Um9uIEsu?=

RE: Uninstall Windows Media Player 11....
I don't know of any way to remove it but I can offer a workaround. Find a
different player (such as Winamp) and associate all files to play on that
instead.

"bucfan" wrote:

> Is there any way to do this? Obviously most of us know it is not an option
> uner "Add/Remove Programs" but I am sure there has to be some way. Has anyone
> found a way to do remove it yet? I would like really just to re-install it
> from scratch but you dont even get an option to Repair.

D. Spencer Hines

Re: Uninstall Windows Media Player 11....
THAT's useful to know.

DSH

> "bucfan" wrote:
>
>> Is there any way to do this? Obviously most of us know it is not an
>> option under "Add/Remove Programs" but I am sure there has to
>> be some way. Has anyone found a way to do remove it yet?
>> I would like really just to re-install it
>> from scratch but you dont even get an option to Repair.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Uninstall Windows Media Player 11....

No, there is no way to do this. Windows Media Player is an integrated part
of Windows Vista, and thus in order to accomplish your goal you would likely
need to reinstall Vista.

You could potentially run something like this from an administrative command
prompt:
===
for %a in (%systemroot%\system32\wm*.dll) do regsvr32 /s %a
===
, but that probably wouldn't fix any externally source corruptions, and most
sources of corruptions/problems in WMP come from external issues, not from
anything that the voodoo of a reinstall would fix. =\

--
Speaking for myself only.
"bucfan" <bucfan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way to do this? Obviously most of us know it is not an option
> uner "Add/Remove Programs" but I am sure there has to be some way. Has
> anyone
> found a way to do remove it yet? I would like really just to re-install it
> from scratch but you dont even get an option to Repair.

Ricardo

Re: Uninstall Windows Media Player 11....
Thanks !!

I had a problem with WMP 11 in Vista and this fix solved it !!!

Ricardo

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> No, there is no way to do this. Windows Media Player is an integrated part
> of Windows Vista, and thus in order to accomplish your goal you would likely
> need to reinstall Vista.
>
> You could potentially run something like this from an administrative command
> prompt:
> ===
> for %a in (%systemroot%\system32\wm*.dll) do regsvr32 /s %a
> ===
> , but that probably wouldn't fix any externally source corruptions, and most
> sources of corruptions/problems in WMP come from external issues, not from
> anything that the voodoo of a reinstall would fix. =\
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> "bucfan" <bucfan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there any way to do this? Obviously most of us know it is not an option
> > uner "Add/Remove Programs" but I am sure there has to be some way. Has
> > anyone
> > found a way to do remove it yet? I would like really just to re-install it
> > from scratch but you dont even get an option to Repair.

Michael @ Hotmail

RE: Uninstall Windows Media Player 11....
technically not unless you find a listing of all the Keys in the registry. My
friend Michael had a problem with Windows Media Player running and now after
editing a few Keys in HKCU and HKLM regarding WMP11 playback history his
WMP11 functions AOK again. I was prompted to run System File Checker first so
we did that, also removed his best copy of QuickTime and iTunes but he
installed irfanview to playback media and run images before I fixed his WMP11
and its still installed and no problems clicking Open Other and selecting
WMP11 instead of irfanview. I thought he might be interested in installing a
new player, I got one named GOM [Gomplayer v2.1.8.3683] for more info go to
http://www.gomplayer.com/ then clisk Download. GOM Player is really quite a
unique player is supported in Vista has built-in codec support (AVI, DAT,
MPEG, XviD, DivX, FLV1, AC3, OGG, MP4, H263, SMI, SRT, RT, SUB(with IDX)
files for subtitle, M3U, PLS, ASX, WMV, ASF, and has a Screen Capture
built-in for up to 999 shots) plus has skins and a feature to make your own
skins as well.

Good luck with your WMP11 repairs. I got Michaels under control, now he has
time to look for his Quicktime and he's never going to install iTunes again
cause it screws up Quicktime with its updating services for iTunes making
Quicktime impossible to locate on the HD following a update.

Hey, folks I am greatly satisfied with the results my friend had made to
this system, It never made me wonder for one minute how and why it happens to
foul up WMP11 since there is a Bad Bug in the programming I figure Microsoft
needs to make some altercations to their SP1 and SP2 whenever they get time
before they forget to so that when a file is played from a USB HD and then
the USB HD is removed and no file exists that WMP11 will not shutdown and not
function. We figure this is what the Bug did and its a serious problem for
****agers all over the world, I figure that the system needs to identify to
WMP11 that a HD is a plugin USB type and to delete the RecentFileList entry
upon exit so that the Bug will never showup again. Take this as a hint,
Microsoft has no media player that is embedded, this system has a copy of it
in Program Files and it can be removed if you got something setup to run in
the place of a player for the system sounds Windows Vista will not try
reinstalling its included version from disc on bootup, otherwise this will
occur. I know what I am saying because I removed the modem hardware and
deleted the software for the v.92 modem and had to remove the Keys in the
registry myself because Vista fails to remove Keys on uninstalled programs. I
had to do the same for iTunes and Quicktime. All is AOK right now so get
Microsoft hopping to the TechLab to fix these Bad Bugs immediately so we can
see a Happy New Year with at least a SP1 issue rexolved.
--
Super Tinkering Makes The Water Flow Across The Border and gets the Air
Generating Power Effectively. Change Illegal Alien Traffic Into Labor Force.

"bucfan" wrote:

> Is there any way to do this? Obviously most of us know it is not an option
> uner "Add/Remove Programs" but I am sure there has to be some way. Has anyone
> found a way to do remove it yet? I would like really just to re-install it
> from scratch but you dont even get an option to Repair.

knight-gkla

Re: Uninstall Windows Media Player 11....
Solved mine too, thanks zachd. After all this time trying various solutions.
What a fragile system.