MM6 SONIC ERROR

=?Utf-8?B?dGZpbmM5MA==?=

MM6 SONIC ERROR
Whenever I import a .dvr-ms into Movie Maker 6 I immediatly get an error
message saying: "An installation package for the product Sonic CinePlayer
Decoder Pack cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid copy
of the installation package." The video's will not play in MM6. I have an HP
computer. If I go to the Sonic Decoder site it says that it is not yet Vista
compatible. 1st - I don't care what kind of decoder I need as long as it
works. Does EVERYONE that uses MM6 use the Sonic Decoder? If not how do I get
MM6 to use/search for the correct decoder that everyone else uses? Any
suggestions on importing .dvr-ms into my MM6 and it working are desired.
--
Thanks, Todd
PapaJohn

Re: MM6 SONIC ERROR
My Ultimate version can use dvr-ms files, and comes with Sonic codecs... the
Home Premium version should also. But the other 3 versions would need to
setup the needed software/codecs or do file conversions of dvr-ms files.

PapaJohn

"tfinc90" <tfinc90@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Whenever I import a .dvr-ms into Movie Maker 6 I immediatly get an error
> message saying: "An installation package for the product Sonic CinePlayer
> Decoder Pack cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid
> copy
> of the installation package." The video's will not play in MM6. I have an
> HP
> computer. If I go to the Sonic Decoder site it says that it is not yet
> Vista
> compatible. 1st - I don't care what kind of decoder I need as long as it
> works. Does EVERYONE that uses MM6 use the Sonic Decoder? If not how do I
> get
> MM6 to use/search for the correct decoder that everyone else uses? Any
> suggestions on importing .dvr-ms into my MM6 and it working are desired.
> --
> Thanks, Todd

=?Utf-8?B?dGZpbmM5MA==?=

Re: MM6 SONIC ERROR
I have Vista Home Premium. How do I get the codec to work?
--
Thanks, Todd

"PapaJohn" wrote:

> My Ultimate version can use dvr-ms files, and comes with Sonic codecs... the
> Home Premium version should also. But the other 3 versions would need to
> setup the needed software/codecs or do file conversions of dvr-ms files.
> --
> website references are to www.papajohn.org
>
> PapaJohn
>

> "tfinc90" <tfinc90@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Whenever I import a .dvr-ms into Movie Maker 6 I immediatly get an error
> > message saying: "An installation package for the product Sonic CinePlayer
> > Decoder Pack cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid
> > copy
> > of the installation package." The video's will not play in MM6. I have an
> > HP
> > computer. If I go to the Sonic Decoder site it says that it is not yet
> > Vista
> > compatible. 1st - I don't care what kind of decoder I need as long as it
> > works. Does EVERYONE that uses MM6 use the Sonic Decoder? If not how do I
> > get
> > MM6 to use/search for the correct decoder that everyone else uses? Any
> > suggestions on importing .dvr-ms into my MM6 and it working are desired.
> > --
> > Thanks, Todd

JW

Re: MM6 SONIC ERROR
Vista Home premium and Vista Ultimate come with a built in MPEG2 decoder for
use in decoding and playing DVR-MS files and DVD files.