Pictures on system-color is completely off

GaWd

Pictures on system-color is completely off
Hello all,

I just upgraded to Vista Home Basic from XP. I'm having an odd problem where
all of my digital pictures display incorrectly on my computer. The color is
awful, and has purple and blue hues throughout.

The pictures look fine in reality. If I upload them to another site, or
E-mail them to someone, they're fine. I have tried viewing them in both MS
Photo gallery as well as in windows explorer, and they both look the same. So
it's just my Vista computer that is doing this.

Pictures always looked fine before. No, my monitor color is not off. No, my
camera isn't cheap or broken, either.

Any thoughts?
John Inzer

Re: Pictures on system-color is completely off
GaWd wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I just upgraded to Vista Home Basic from XP. I'm having an odd
> problem where all of my digital pictures display incorrectly on my
> computer. The color is awful, and has purple and blue hues throughout.
>
> The pictures look fine in reality. If I upload them to another site,
> or E-mail them to someone, they're fine. I have tried viewing them in
> both MS Photo gallery as well as in windows explorer, and they both
> look the same. So it's just my Vista computer that is doing this.
>
> Pictures always looked fine before. No, my monitor color is not off.
> No, my camera isn't cheap or broken, either.
>
> Any thoughts?

Have a look at the following article:

(942856) When you view an image in Windows
Photo Gallery, the image may be displayed with
an incorrect color cast
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942856/en-us

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

GaWd

Re: Pictures on system-color is completely off
Thanks John.

I followed all of the instructions, but I wasn't able to fix it. I only had
one profile listed, and that was for my monitor. I deleted it(per the
instructions), and it made things worse.

Is there a good color profile I can use instead? I think if I could find an
OK profile to use in its place, I'd be good.

Sam

GaWd wrote:
> Thanks John.
>
> I followed all of the instructions, but I wasn't able to fix it. I
> only had one profile listed, and that was for my monitor. I deleted
> it(per the instructions), and it made things worse.
>
> Is there a good color profile I can use instead? I think if I could
> find an OK profile to use in its place, I'd be good.
>
> Sam

===================================
Maybe the following articles contain something
different...and it's possible that you need to
update your video driver.

Yellow pictures in Windows Photo Gallery
http://tinyurl.com/33gxum

(939395) When you view an image in Windows
Photo Gallery on a Windows Vista-based computer,
the image is yellow
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939395/en-us

Microsoft PhotoBlog Frequently Asked Questions:
http://blogs.msdn.com/pix/pages/faq.aspx