Windows Movie Maker - lost project

Glyn

Windows Movie Maker - lost project
I have just burned a dvd from a Movie Maker project (quite successfully).
But in saving (or not saving!) it I seem to have lost it as a MM project. I
have tried to get the dvd back onto my computer and then into MM, because I
want to do some extra editing, but I get only video and no audio back in MM -
(it comes up as a Video-TS file). I just cannot find the original completed
MM project even though it was originally saved in MM. Can anyone help,
please?
--
Glyn
John Hanley

Re: Windows Movie Maker - lost project
The Movie Maker projects are .mswmm files. You can search for .mswmm using
the Vista search function and it should show where all your .mswmm files are
located.

"Glyn" <Glyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have just burned a dvd from a Movie Maker project (quite successfully).
> But in saving (or not saving!) it I seem to have lost it as a MM project.
> have tried to get the dvd back onto my computer and then into MM, because
> want to do some extra editing, but I get only video and no audio back in
> MM -
> (it comes up as a Video-TS file). I just cannot find the original
> completed
> MM project even though it was originally saved in MM. Can anyone help,
> please?
> --
> Glyn

Glyn

Re: Windows Movie Maker - lost project
Thank you John. Unfortunately, the video I was looking for was not there -
I've obviously done something drastic to the original project. But I still
have the created dvd, but which I cannot get back into MM with the audio
track. Is there any way I can do this so that I can re-edit?
--
Glyn

"John Hanley" wrote:

> The Movie Maker projects are .mswmm files. You can search for .mswmm using
> the Vista search function and it should show where all your .mswmm files are
> located.
>
> "Glyn" <Glyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have just burned a dvd from a Movie Maker project (quite successfully).
> > But in saving (or not saving!) it I seem to have lost it as a MM project.
> > have tried to get the dvd back onto my computer and then into MM, because
> > want to do some extra editing, but I get only video and no audio back in
> > MM -
> > (it comes up as a Video-TS file). I just cannot find the original
> > completed
> > MM project even though it was originally saved in MM. Can anyone help,
> > please?
> > --
> > Glyn

John Hanley

Re: Windows Movie Maker - lost project
I am a little out of my element at this point. There is a very
knowledgeable web site called

http://www.windowsmoviemakers.net/forums/

You might try posting your query there; they are the real experts in Movie
Maker.

Best wishes....