transfering files

Sherie

transfering files
I'm having difficulty putting photos and files on this computer. The discs
were burned on my old PC which was running XP. When i try to access the
files on the CD to put them back on my New PC it keeps crashing. Why is this
happening? They work just fine on my old PC and my friends PCs. Im very
frustrated. Is this something to do with Vista not being backwards
compatible?
zachd [MSFT]

Re: transfering files

What's the fault bucket data for that crash:
* http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket
according to the Problem Reports and Solutions center?

--
Speaking for myself only.

"Sherie" <Sherie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news6B1DDBD-F331-4357-A802-75BA2C990EB4@microsoft.com...
> I'm having difficulty putting photos and files on this computer. The
> discs
> were burned on my old PC which was running XP. When i try to access the
> files on the CD to put them back on my New PC it keeps crashing. Why is
> this
> happening? They work just fine on my old PC and my friends PCs. Im very
> frustrated. Is this something to do with Vista not being backwards
> compatible?

johan

Re: transfering files

"Sherie" <Sherie@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
news6B1DDBD-F331-4357-A802-75BA2C990EB4@microsoft.com...
> I'm having difficulty putting photos and files on this computer. The
> discs
> were burned on my old PC which was running XP. When i try to access the
> files on the CD to put them back on my New PC it keeps crashing. Why is
> this
> happening? They work just fine on my old PC and my friends PCs. Im very
> frustrated. Is this something to do with Vista not being backwards
> compatible?

copying the photo's on CD-RW or DVD-RW helped for me.

Sherie

Re: transfering files
Hi,

there is no specific data that pops up when it crashes. It just freezes and
i have to stop the program or reboot my PC. When im in task manager it tells
me the program is running but I dont believe it really is. I've loaded them
back on my old computer. Maybe i will get a thumb drive and try transfering
them that way. Do you think the coding that finalized the CD is maybe
causing a problem? Maybe I should try burning them again in a different
format.

Thank you so much for the links and your help.

Regards,

Sherie

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> What's the fault bucket data for that crash:
> * http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket
> according to the Problem Reports and Solutions center?
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
>
> "Sherie" <Sherie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news6B1DDBD-F331-4357-A802-75BA2C990EB4@microsoft.com...
> > I'm having difficulty putting photos and files on this computer. The
> > discs
> > were burned on my old PC which was running XP. When i try to access the
> > files on the CD to put them back on my New PC it keeps crashing. Why is
> > this
> > happening? They work just fine on my old PC and my friends PCs. Im very
> > frustrated. Is this something to do with Vista not being backwards
> > compatible?

Sherie

Re: transfering files
Johan,

Thank you for your help. I will give that a try.

Regards,

Sherie