Media Player audio breakup at end of song

Bob H

Media Player audio breakup at end of song
Regarding my new laptop... Vista, AMD Turion 64x2, 2048RAM, 140Gb . When
playing music from files the sound always breaks up towards the end of every
song, if playing from Memory Stick (that transferred some of the files) or CD
it's OK.
I bought the Laptop partly for use as a mobile music/video centre so how do
I cure this problem?
--
Regards
Bob H
Cal Bear '66

Re: Media Player audio breakup at end of song
Right click on the Speaker icon in the Notification Area of the Taskbar. Select
Playback Devices. In the Playback window, highlight Speakers and press the
Properties button. On the Enhancements tab, CHECK the "Disable All Enhancement"
checkbox. Click Apply. Click OK.

You must have a Sigma Tel audio adapter, right? Use this as a workaround until
Sigma Tel updates their drivers.

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Bob H" <BobH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Regarding my new laptop... Vista, AMD Turion 64x2, 2048RAM, 140Gb . When
> playing music from files the sound always breaks up towards the end of every
> song, if playing from Memory Stick (that transferred some of the files) or CD
> it's OK.
> I bought the Laptop partly for use as a mobile music/video centre so how do
> I cure this problem?
> --
> Regards
> Bob H
> Dell 8400 PC OS- Windows XP
> Dell 1501 Laptop OS- Windows Vista

Bob H

Re: Media Player audio breakup at end of song

Thank you Cal, that has cured it. I had read up about the problems with this
Sigma Tel audio adapter in Dells but was under the impression it only applied
to recent Dell PCs not their Laptops and that it caused total audio breakdown
not what I experienced.
Stupid me for not checking & trying the temp. fix.
Thanks again.
Bob H

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> Right click on the Speaker icon in the Notification Area of the Taskbar. Select
> Playback Devices. In the Playback window, highlight Speakers and press the
> Properties button. On the Enhancements tab, CHECK the "Disable All Enhancement"
> checkbox. Click Apply. Click OK.
>
> You must have a Sigma Tel audio adapter, right? Use this as a workaround until
> Sigma Tel updates their drivers.
>

> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!

Cal Bear '66

Re: Media Player audio breakup at end of song
You're welcome.

If I were you, I would frequently visit Dell's site to see if new Sigma Tel
drivers are available.

news1D30081-63F1-48EA-B396-E6C75EF3F3E2@microsoft.com...

> Thank you Cal, that has cured it. I had read up about the problems with this
> Sigma Tel audio adapter in Dells but was under the impression it only applied
> to recent Dell PCs not their Laptops and that it caused total audio breakdown
> not what I experienced.
> Stupid me for not checking & trying the temp. fix.
> Thanks again.
> Bob H
>

> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> Right click on the Speaker icon in the Notification Area of the Taskbar.
>> Select
>> Playback Devices. In the Playback window, highlight Speakers and press the
>> Properties button. On the Enhancements tab, CHECK the "Disable All
>> Enhancement"
>> checkbox. Click Apply. Click OK.
>>
>> You must have a Sigma Tel audio adapter, right? Use this as a workaround
>> until
>> Sigma Tel updates their drivers.
>>

>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!

Bob H

Re: Media Player audio breakup at end of song
I looked at the "Drivers" on the Dell site and there is a new driver for the
Sigma Tel dated 04/12/2007.
Now downloaded, and having reversed what you said, it does appear to cure
the problem.