error message 0x80070052

greg

error message 0x80070052
when transfering my photos to a usb storage device it brings this error
message up and does not allow it.please help..
zachd [MSFT]

Re: error message 0x80070052

That's:
Error Number: 82 (0x52)
Symbolic Name: ERROR_CANNOT_MAKE
Text description: The directory or file cannot be created.

Can you manually create the folder(s) in question on that device?

--
Speaking for myself only.

"greg" <greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when transfering my photos to a usb storage device it brings this error
> message up and does not allow it.please help..

brendalittle

Re: error message 0x80070052
I am having the same problem (same error message). What do you mean am I
able to manually create the file? How do I do that?

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> That's:
> Error Number: 82 (0x52)
> Symbolic Name: ERROR_CANNOT_MAKE
> Text description: The directory or file cannot be created.
>
> Can you manually create the folder(s) in question on that device?
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
>
> "greg" <greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > when transfering my photos to a usb storage device it brings this error
> > message up and does not allow it.please help..

brendalittle

Re: error message 0x80070052
I am getting the same error message when trying to copy photos to my SD card.
This was after it worked fine for two hours while I copied and pasted
numerous photos onto the SD card. Suddenly I started getting an error message
every time I tried to paste one into the SD card. After reading your question
about manually creating a folder/file, I'm not sure exactly what that means,
but I opened the SD card and clicked in that window to make a "new folder"
and I got the same error message. Any other ideas of what to do???

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> That's:
> Error Number: 82 (0x52)
> Symbolic Name: ERROR_CANNOT_MAKE
> Text description: The directory or file cannot be created.
>
> Can you manually create the folder(s) in question on that device?
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
>
> "greg" <greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > when transfering my photos to a usb storage device it brings this error
> > message up and does not allow it.please help..

zachd [MSFT]

Re: error message 0x80070052

That is indeed the source of your problem. You can't do it, Explorer can't
do it either. At this point I would back up my data off the SD card and
format the SD card, then restore the data back to the SD card. Does it then
function correctly again?

--
Speaking for myself only.
"brendalittle" <brendalittle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am getting the same error message when trying to copy photos to my SD
>card.
> This was after it worked fine for two hours while I copied and pasted
> numerous photos onto the SD card. Suddenly I started getting an error
> message
> every time I tried to paste one into the SD card. After reading your
> question
> about manually creating a folder/file, I'm not sure exactly what that
> means,
> but I opened the SD card and clicked in that window to make a "new folder"
> and I got the same error message. Any other ideas of what to do???
>
> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>

>> That's:
>> Error Number: 82 (0x52)
>> Symbolic Name: ERROR_CANNOT_MAKE
>> Text description: The directory or file cannot be created.
>>
>> Can you manually create the folder(s) in question on that device?
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> rights.
>> --
>>
>> "greg" <greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > when transfering my photos to a usb storage device it brings this error
>> > message up and does not allow it.please help..

fredh

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> That is indeed the source of your problem. You can't do it, Explorer can't
> do it either. At this point I would back up my data off the SD card and
> format the SD card, then restore the data back to the SD card. Does it then
> function correctly again?
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> "brendalittle" <brendalittle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am getting the same error message when trying to copy photos to my SD
> >card.
> > This was after it worked fine for two hours while I copied and pasted
> > numerous photos onto the SD card. Suddenly I started getting an error
> > message
> > every time I tried to paste one into the SD card. After reading your
> > question
> > about manually creating a folder/file, I'm not sure exactly what that
> > means,
> > but I opened the SD card and clicked in that window to make a "new folder"
> > and I got the same error message. Any other ideas of what to do???
> >
> > "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
> >

> >> That's:
> >> Error Number: 82 (0x52)
> >> Symbolic Name: ERROR_CANNOT_MAKE
> >> Text description: The directory or file cannot be created.
> >>
> >> Can you manually create the folder(s) in question on that device?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Speaking for myself only.
> >> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
> >> rights.

fredh

Re: error message 0x80070052
I have experienced the same error message and found that it was related to
the receiving media. When I changed flash sticks, the send to went without
the error message.

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> That is indeed the source of your problem. You can't do it, Explorer can't
> do it either. At this point I would back up my data off the SD card and
> format the SD card, then restore the data back to the SD card. Does it then
> function correctly again?
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> "brendalittle" <brendalittle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am getting the same error message when trying to copy photos to my SD
> >card.
> > This was after it worked fine for two hours while I copied and pasted
> > numerous photos onto the SD card. Suddenly I started getting an error
> > message
> > every time I tried to paste one into the SD card. After reading your
> > question
> > about manually creating a folder/file, I'm not sure exactly what that
> > means,
> > but I opened the SD card and clicked in that window to make a "new folder"
> > and I got the same error message. Any other ideas of what to do???
> >
> > "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
> >

> >> That's:
> >> Error Number: 82 (0x52)
> >> Symbolic Name: ERROR_CANNOT_MAKE
> >> Text description: The directory or file cannot be created.
> >>
> >> Can you manually create the folder(s) in question on that device?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Speaking for myself only.
> >> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
> >> rights.

CaTs

RE: error message 0x80070052
Hi, I'm getting the same error code while installing IE 7 security updates
from windows updates. Any ideas?

"greg" wrote:

> when transfering my photos to a usb storage device it brings this error
> message up and does not allow it.please help..

bobismad is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: error message 0x80070052
hi I am getting this when shifting my music from my old phone to my new one, my old music was on a micro sd card from a windows mobile based os to an 'm2 stick for a sony erricsson phone, I have convered tracks from wma's to mp3's but they still will not transfer......any help greatly apprecieated as I'm blowing a gasket here.......

Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredh View Post

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> That is indeed the source of your problem. You can't do it, Explorer can't
> do it either. At this point I would back up my data off the SD card and
> format the SD card, then restore the data back to the SD card. Does it then
> function correctly again?
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> See WMP FAQ: A trouble-shooting guide for Windows Media Player problems. for some helpful WMP info.
> "brendalittle" <brendalittle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am getting the same error message when trying to copy photos to my SD
> >card.
> > This was after it worked fine for two hours while I copied and pasted
> > numerous photos onto the SD card. Suddenly I started getting an error
> > message
> > every time I tried to paste one into the SD card. After reading your
> > question
> > about manually creating a folder/file, I'm not sure exactly what that
> > means,
> > but I opened the SD card and clicked in that window to make a "new folder"
> > and I got the same error message. Any other ideas of what to do???
> >
> > "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
> >

> >> That's:
> >> Error Number: 82 (0x52)
> >> Symbolic Name: ERROR_CANNOT_MAKE
> >> Text description: The directory or file cannot be created.
> >>
> >> Can you manually create the folder(s) in question on that device?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Speaking for myself only.
> >> See WMP FAQ: A trouble-shooting guide for Windows Media Player problems. for some helpful WMP info.
> >> rights.

bobismad is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts