utube display

Patricia in NS

utube display
When I try and watch a utube video full screen...the screen just goes
blank...how do I fix this? I have a inspiron 1720 and bought it to watch
utube!!!! Please say it can be sorted!!

Patricia in Nova Scotia
John Inzer

Re: utube display
Patricia in NS wrote:
> When I try and watch a utube video full screen...the screen just goes
> blank...how do I fix this? I have a inspiron 1720 and bought it to
> watch utube!!!! Please say it can be sorted!!
>
> Patricia in Nova Scotia

================================
Just wondering...if you download one of
the YouTube clips to your hard drive...can
you view it fullscreen from there?

If you don't have a way to download the clips...
the following freebie may be worth a try:

save2pc
http://www.save2pc.com/

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Patricia in NS

Re: utube display
Hi John, I can view it in full screen when I download it. However I don't
want to have to do this all the time as it defeats the purpose of just
surfing video clips if I have to DL them all the time. Any other ideas???

"John Inzer" wrote:

> Patricia in NS wrote:
> > When I try and watch a utube video full screen...the screen just goes
> > blank...how do I fix this? I have a inspiron 1720 and bought it to
> > watch utube!!!! Please say it can be sorted!!
> >
> > Patricia in Nova Scotia

> ================================
> Just wondering...if you download one of
> the YouTube clips to your hard drive...can
> you view it fullscreen from there?
>
> If you don't have a way to download the clips...
> the following freebie may be worth a try:
>
> save2pc
> http://www.save2pc.com/
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
> MS Picture It! -
> Digital Image MVP
>
> Digital Image
> Highlights and FAQs
> http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

John Inzer

Re: utube display
Patricia in NS wrote:
> Hi John, I can view it in full screen when I download it. However I
> don't want to have to do this all the time as it defeats the purpose
> of just surfing video clips if I have to DL them all the time. Any
> other ideas???

=================================
I understand, I was just checking to see if
you had the same issue when viewing offline.

Might be worth a try to reduce your Graphics
Hardware Acceleration.

"No guarantees and proceed at your own risk."

Windows Vista -
How To Reduce Graphics
Hardware Acceleration

1. Click Start, type personalization
in the Start Search box, and then
click Personalization in the Programs
list.

2. Click Display Settings.

3. Click Advanced Settings.

4. Click the Troubleshooting tab, and
then drag the Hardware Acceleration
slider to the left until it is one notch to
the right of None (the Basic acceleration
setting).

5. Click OK, and then click Close.

6. If you are prompted to restart the
computer, click Yes.

If the problem is improved...reinstall/
update your video driver. If the problem
is not improved...return the acceleration
to Full and seek a different solution.

Good luck.

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -
Digital Image MVP

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Patricia in NS

Re: utube display
Hi john...nothing happens when I search for "personalization"...no programs
list comes up?

"John Inzer" wrote:

> Patricia in NS wrote:
> > Hi John, I can view it in full screen when I download it. However I
> > don't want to have to do this all the time as it defeats the purpose
> > of just surfing video clips if I have to DL them all the time. Any
> > other ideas???

> =================================
> I understand, I was just checking to see if
> you had the same issue when viewing offline.
>
> Might be worth a try to reduce your Graphics
> Hardware Acceleration.
>
> "No guarantees and proceed at your own risk."
>
> Windows Vista -
> How To Reduce Graphics
> Hardware Acceleration
>
> 1. Click Start, type personalization
> in the Start Search box, and then
> click Personalization in the Programs
> list.
>
> 2. Click Display Settings.
>
> 3. Click Advanced Settings.
>
> 4. Click the Troubleshooting tab, and
> then drag the Hardware Acceleration
> slider to the left until it is one notch to
> the right of None (the Basic acceleration
> setting).
>
> 5. Click OK, and then click Close.
>
> 6. If you are prompted to restart the
> computer, click Yes.
>
> If the problem is improved...reinstall/
> update your video driver. If the problem
> is not improved...return the acceleration
> to Full and seek a different solution.
>
> Good luck.
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
> MS Picture It! -
> Digital Image MVP
>
> Digital Image
> Highlights and FAQs
> http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

John Inzer

Re: utube display
Patricia in NS wrote:
> Hi john...nothing happens when I search for "personalization"...no
> programs list comes up?

==================================
Ok...try the following...

Right click an open area of your desktop and
select...Personalize / click Display Settings...
this should open the Display Settings dialog box.

Proceed with the steps I previously posted.

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -
Digital Image MVP

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Patricia in NS

Re: utube display
John, this is the message I am getting: "My current display driver does not
allow changes to this setting"