Photo Gallery Email Function Does Nothing - please help

Braden G.

Photo Gallery Email Function Does Nothing - please help
HELP. I'm trying to use the Windows Photo Gallery "Email" function, in 32-bit
Vista. When I select some pictures and choose the Email function, then hit
the Attach button, the pictures are reduced in size and sent "somewhere", but
I have no clue where they are sent. No new mail message is opened (am using
Windows-Mail for email). It just sends the reduced pictures to an undisclosed
location.
I've already gone to the Default Programs, chosen "Custom", and tried to
make sure the correct Mail program is default. However, when I do this, the
only choice offered is "use my current email program", and the radio button
next to it is already selected.
Can anyone tell me how to get the Email function to work? I need this to
easily reduce the size fo the pictures I wish to email. Thanks.
John Inzer

Re: Photo Gallery Email Function Does Nothing - please help
Braden G. wrote:
> HELP. I'm trying to use the Windows Photo Gallery "Email" function,
> in 32-bit Vista. When I select some pictures and choose the Email
> function, then hit the Attach button, the pictures are reduced in
> size and sent "somewhere", but I have no clue where they are sent. No
> new mail message is opened (am using Windows-Mail for email). It just
> sends the reduced pictures to an undisclosed location.
> I've already gone to the Default Programs, chosen "Custom", and tried
> to make sure the correct Mail program is default. However, when I do
> this, the only choice offered is "use my current email program", and
> the radio button next to it is already selected.
> Can anyone tell me how to get the Email function to work? I need
> this to easily reduce the size fo the pictures I wish to email.
> Thanks.

===============================
Seems doubtful...but maybe the following
articles would be worth a look:

Windows Vista -
Change The Default E-mail Program
http://tinyurl.com/3drkfw

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...637041033.mspx

Windows Vista -
Setting the Default Email Client
http://tinyurl.com/2ygtyt

http://freeemailtutorials.com/micros...ndowsVista.cwd

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: Photo Gallery Email Function Does Nothing - please help
E-mail button in Windows Photo Gallery does nothing:
http://www.winhelponline.com/article...s-nothing.html

--
Regards,

"Braden G." <BradenG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E851E38-BC95-49DD-9D93-5B747B4B339D@microsoft.com...
HELP. I'm trying to use the Windows Photo Gallery "Email" function, in 32-bit
Vista. When I select some pictures and choose the Email function, then hit
the Attach button, the pictures are reduced in size and sent "somewhere", but
I have no clue where they are sent. No new mail message is opened (am using
Windows-Mail for email). It just sends the reduced pictures to an undisclosed
location.
I've already gone to the Default Programs, chosen "Custom", and tried to
make sure the correct Mail program is default. However, when I do this, the
only choice offered is "use my current email program", and the radio button
next to it is already selected.
Can anyone tell me how to get the Email function to work? I need this to
easily reduce the size fo the pictures I wish to email. Thanks.
fhdom

RE: Photo Gallery Email Function Does Nothing - please help
instead of going to custom click on windows mail.
choose defaults.
set program associations. click on extentions. all three boxes must be
checked.
worked for me.