Windows Media Center GONE

Chris

Windows Media Center GONE
Hi,

Recently, my Windows media Center has completely disappeared from my
computer. It's not in the start menu, or any of my folders. I can't even
find it when I search. The only trace of it I've found was a few .exe files
in the system 32 folder. The only way I can get windows media center to work
is to open up all those files at once.

By the way, I have Windows Vista Home Premium.
Bill Condie

Re: Windows Media Center GONE
Look again. In my Vista Home Premium it's Start>All Programs, between
Windows Mail and Windows Media Player

What are these .exe files? I don't see them in System32

> Hi,
>
> Recently, my Windows media Center has completely disappeared from my
> computer. It's not in the start menu, or any of my folders. I can't even
> find it when I search. The only trace of it I've found was a few .exe
> files
> in the system 32 folder. The only way I can get windows media center to
> work
> is to open up all those files at once.
>
> By the way, I have Windows Vista Home Premium.

Chris

Re: Windows Media Center GONE
It was my mistake. They located in C:\Windows.

The .exe files are ehshell and ehshell. I have to open them both for
windows media center to work. It doesn't work if I create shortcuts of them
on my desktop, either.

"Bill Condie" wrote:

> Look again. In my Vista Home Premium it's Start>All Programs, between
> Windows Mail and Windows Media Player
>
> What are these .exe files? I don't see them in System32
>

> "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Recently, my Windows media Center has completely disappeared from my
> > computer. It's not in the start menu, or any of my folders. I can't even
> > find it when I search. The only trace of it I've found was a few .exe
> > files
> > in the system 32 folder. The only way I can get windows media center to
> > work
> > is to open up all those files at once.
> >
> > By the way, I have Windows Vista Home Premium.

Dave

Re: Windows Media Center GONE
Media center should be located here...

C:\Windows\ehome\ehshell.exe

--
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

> It was my mistake. They located in C:\Windows.
>
> The .exe files are ehshell and ehshell. I have to open them both for
> windows media center to work. It doesn't work if I create shortcuts of
> them
> on my desktop, either.
>

> "Bill Condie" wrote:
>
>> Look again. In my Vista Home Premium it's Start>All Programs, between
>> Windows Mail and Windows Media Player
>>
>> What are these .exe files? I don't see them in System32
>>

>> "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Recently, my Windows media Center has completely disappeared from my
>> > computer. It's not in the start menu, or any of my folders. I can't
>> > even
>> > find it when I search. The only trace of it I've found was a few .exe
>> > files
>> > in the system 32 folder. The only way I can get windows media center
>> > work
>> > is to open up all those files at once.
>> >
>> > By the way, I have Windows Vista Home Premium.

Tumbleweed

RE: Windows Media Center GONE
I have the same problem, media center has mysteriously disappeared, and the
funny part is after intially looking at it when I had the new OS I have not
used it since .