Windows media player stopped working

nish285

Windows media player stopped working

as the title suggests , after i open windows media player and put
something to play, a small windows pops up and says that windows media
player has stopped working and it says its looking for a solution.
After a while it says " a oroblem caused this program to stop working
correctly, Windows will close the program and notify you if a solutio is
available." then it closes the program with my consent. This never
happened to me on my xp pc which had WMP 11. This is happening on my new
vista pc that's just a few days out of the box and i even have full
norton anti-virus protection. So is there any way to fix this problem or
do i have to use some other program?

--
nish285
zachd [MSFT]

Re: Windows media player stopped working

What's the fault data for that crash according to the Problem Reports and
Solutions center:
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket
?

--
Speaking for myself only.

"nish285" <nish285.32gtm0@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> as the title suggests , after i open windows media player and put
> something to play, a small windows pops up and says that windows media
> player has stopped working and it says its looking for a solution.
> After a while it says " a oroblem caused this program to stop working
> correctly, Windows will close the program and notify you if a solutio is
> available." then it closes the program with my consent. This never
> happened to me on my xp pc which had WMP 11. This is happening on my new
> vista pc that's just a few days out of the box and i even have full
> norton anti-virus protection. So is there any way to fix this problem or
> do i have to use some other program?
>

> --
> nish285

nish285

Re: Windows media player stopped working

see thats the thing, it doesn't ask to send an error report. It just
saysd that he program encountered and error and needs to close but
doesn't say anythings about what caused it or sending an error report

--
nish285
Cal Bear '66

Re: Windows media player stopped working
Go to Control Panel (Classic view) > Problem Reports and Solutions. In the left
hand pane, click "View problem history". Right click on the relevant problem
and select "View problem details". Use the "Copy to clipboard" link in the
lower left corner of the window and paste into a reply to this thread.

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"nish285" <nish285.32h0k3@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> see thats the thing, it doesn't ask to send an error report. It just
> saysd that he program encountered and error and needs to close but
> doesn't say anythings about what caused it or sending an error report
>

> --
> nish285

skeeter224

Re: Windows media player stopped working
I have started having the same problem; WMP plays audio for 10 -45 seconds,
it stops and gives me the same error message that it has stopped working.

On the same day I started getting a "Com Surragate was stopped working"
message when I attempted to use Adobe Lightroom. The program Nikon Capture NX
has also stopped working.

below is the problem report:

Description
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: wmplayer.exe
Application Version: 11.0.6000.6324
Application Timestamp: 4549b52a
Hang Signature: 86e3
Hang Type: 0
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: 3a78597793638d0d3f75ebcce9aac691
Additional Hang Signature 2: 8047
Additional Hang Signature 3: 0ec51ff430499d35fe3bbab605d37d54
Additional Hang Signature 4: 86e3
Additional Hang Signature 5: 3a78597793638d0d3f75ebcce9aac691
Additional Hang Signature 6: 8047
Additional Hang Signature 7: 0ec51ff430499d35fe3bbab605d37d54

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 12022627

I'm running Vista Home Premium that came installed on a Gateway tower, it is
a newer machine with 4 gigs of ram. I have rolled the machine back to a
restore point but did not help.

Any help would be appreciated, this is beyond my capabilities.

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> Go to Control Panel (Classic view) > Problem Reports and Solutions. In the left
> hand pane, click "View problem history". Right click on the relevant problem
> and select "View problem details". Use the "Copy to clipboard" link in the
> lower left corner of the window and paste into a reply to this thread.
>

> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "nish285" <nish285.32h0k3@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
> >
> > see thats the thing, it doesn't ask to send an error report. It just
> > saysd that he program encountered and error and needs to close but
> > doesn't say anythings about what caused it or sending an error report
> >

> > --
> > nish285

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Windows media player stopped working

Hang buckets aren't realllly helpful. Do you have any crash buckets? The
Problem Event Name as "AppHangB1" is the sad part. If it says "APPCRASH",
that's easier to sort. =\

--
Speaking for myself only.

"skeeter224" <skeeter224@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have started having the same problem; WMP plays audio for 10 -45 seconds,
> it stops and gives me the same error message that it has stopped working.
>
> On the same day I started getting a "Com Surragate was stopped working"
> message when I attempted to use Adobe Lightroom. The program Nikon Capture
> NX
> has also stopped working.
>
> below is the problem report:
>
> Description
> A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.
>
> Problem signature
> Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
> Application Name: wmplayer.exe
> Application Version: 11.0.6000.6324
> Application Timestamp: 4549b52a
> Hang Signature: 86e3
> Hang Type: 0
> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> Locale ID: 1033
> Additional Hang Signature 1: 3a78597793638d0d3f75ebcce9aac691
> Additional Hang Signature 2: 8047
> Additional Hang Signature 3: 0ec51ff430499d35fe3bbab605d37d54
> Additional Hang Signature 4: 86e3
> Additional Hang Signature 5: 3a78597793638d0d3f75ebcce9aac691
> Additional Hang Signature 6: 8047
> Additional Hang Signature 7: 0ec51ff430499d35fe3bbab605d37d54
>
> Extra information about the problem
> Bucket ID: 12022627
>

> I'm running Vista Home Premium that came installed on a Gateway tower, it
> is
> a newer machine with 4 gigs of ram. I have rolled the machine back to a
> restore point but did not help.
>
> Any help would be appreciated, this is beyond my capabilities.
>

> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> Go to Control Panel (Classic view) > Problem Reports and Solutions. In
>> the left
>> hand pane, click "View problem history". Right click on the relevant
>> problem
>> and select "View problem details". Use the "Copy to clipboard" link in
>> the
>> lower left corner of the window and paste into a reply to this thread.
>>

>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!
>>

>> "nish285" <nish285.32h0k3@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message
>> >
>> > see thats the thing, it doesn't ask to send an error report. It just
>> > saysd that he program encountered and error and needs to close but
>> > doesn't say anythings about what caused it or sending an error report
>> >

>> > --
>> > nish285

skynet0419

Re: Windows media player stopped working

I have been having the same problem for the past week now. Everytime i
try to open a video file (avi, mpeg, etc)

I get this:

- Windows Media Player has stopped working...

here is what i get from the prolem reports and solutions window:

----------------
Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: wmplayer.exe
Application Version: 11.0.6000.6344
Application Timestamp: 46e5f12e
Fault Module Name: StackHash_e52f
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00000000
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: e52f
Additional Information 2: e98dfca8bcf81bc1740adb135579ad53
Additional Information 3: 860f
Additional Information 4: 6eabdd9e0dc94904be3b39a1c0583635

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 534745363
----------------

any help would be much appreciated

--
skynet0419
zachd [MSFT]

Re: Windows media player stopped working

Is neaudio.ax on the system?

I don't see anything interesting there. Some unknown dll is causing
corruption... ?

--
Speaking for myself only.
"skynet0419" <skynet0419.33mbd3@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> I have been having the same problem for the past week now. Everytime i
> try to open a video file (avi, mpeg, etc)
>
> I get this:
>
> - Windows Media Player has stopped working...
>
> here is what i get from the prolem reports and solutions window:
>
> ----------------
> Problem signature
> Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> Application Name: wmplayer.exe
> Application Version: 11.0.6000.6344
> Application Timestamp: 46e5f12e
> Fault Module Name: StackHash_e52f
> Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
> Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
> Exception Code: c0000005
> Exception Offset: 00000000
> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
> Locale ID: 1033
> Additional Information 1: e52f
> Additional Information 2: e98dfca8bcf81bc1740adb135579ad53
> Additional Information 3: 860f
> Additional Information 4: 6eabdd9e0dc94904be3b39a1c0583635
>
> Extra information about the problem
> Bucket ID: 534745363
> ----------------
>

> any help would be much appreciated
>

> --
> skynet0419

watsonjoshd

Re: Windows media player stopped working

Hi all. Unfortunately, I am having the same problems. Even after a clean
install, the first time you bring up WMP 11, it "stops working." So I
close it and bring it back up and it works just fine. This happens after
every reboot or shutdown. I'm also seeing the "ATK0110 ACPI UTILITY"
Driver issue, but I haven't seen any effects from that, unless of course
it's related to my WMP 11 problem. l'll post all the info I can think of
now. I know its alot to read through, Thank you all in advance.

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
2046 MB
Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS 512 MB
Asus P5n32-E SLi MoBo
2x Seagate SATA 3 500GB @7200 RPM

---------------------------------------

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: wmplayer.exe
Application Version: 11.0.6000.6344
Application Timestamp: 46e5f12e
Fault Module Name: StackHash_5255
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bdf8
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: 000aa0fb
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 5255
Additional Information 2: a75fd876183f6f3219cdd8086d3ff68b
Additional Information 3: 6687
Additional Information 4: ff1b7c02f19644cb185bccef84630014
Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 527514132

Download and install the driver for ATK0110 ACPI UTILITY
This problem was caused by ATK0110 ACPI UTILITY, which was created by
ASUSTeK Computer Inc..
A solution is available that will solve this problem.

--
watsonjoshd
zachd [MSFT]

Re: Windows media player stopped working

This is still a crash in NVAppFilter.dll . You will not be able to get
anything working here until you either update or remove that third party
component. =\

--
Speaking for myself only.