Media Player Burn Problem

kbros1965

Media Player Burn Problem
Everytime I attempt to burn a CD, I get an error Windows Media Player
encountered a problem while burning the file to the disc. For additional
assistance, click Web Help. I go to web help and get a C00D10DA error code.
Ive changed disk manufacturers 3 times, attempted to slow the burn speed, and
still no luck. Any suggestions?
zachd [MSFT]

Re: Media Player Burn Problem

That's a very generic burn failure. Can you play each song in the burn list
individually? What file types are the files? Does it work if you burn it
as a data CD? Can Explorer burn folders?

--
Speaking for myself only.

"kbros1965" <kbros1965@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Everytime I attempt to burn a CD, I get an error Windows Media Player
> encountered a problem while burning the file to the disc. For additional
> assistance, click Web Help. I go to web help and get a C00D10DA error
> code.
> Ive changed disk manufacturers 3 times, attempted to slow the burn speed,
> and
> still no luck. Any suggestions?

kbros1965

Re: Media Player Burn Problem
Hi. Yes, I can play each song in the burn list individually. The files are
all MP3's. I installed and used Roxio to burn some CD's recently, so the
harware part is working OK. I get the same message when attempting to burn
as a data CD. I was on line with tech support last night, and they believe
that media player might be corrupted in some fashon.

Any advice?

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> That's a very generic burn failure. Can you play each song in the burn list
> individually? What file types are the files? Does it work if you burn it
> as a data CD? Can Explorer burn folders?
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
>
> "kbros1965" <kbros1965@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Everytime I attempt to burn a CD, I get an error Windows Media Player
> > encountered a problem while burning the file to the disc. For additional
> > assistance, click Web Help. I go to web help and get a C00D10DA error
> > code.
> > Ive changed disk manufacturers 3 times, attempted to slow the burn speed,
> > and
> > still no luck. Any suggestions?

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Media Player Burn Problem

Microsoft tech support people? What's the support incident number if so?
Who are you dealing with?

--

> Hi. Yes, I can play each song in the burn list individually. The files
> are
> all MP3's. I installed and used Roxio to burn some CD's recently, so the
> harware part is working OK. I get the same message when attempting to
> burn
> as a data CD. I was on line with tech support last night, and they
> believe
> that media player might be corrupted in some fashon.
>
> Any advice?
>
> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>

>> That's a very generic burn failure. Can you play each song in the burn
>> list
>> individually? What file types are the files? Does it work if you burn
>> it
>> as a data CD? Can Explorer burn folders?
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> rights.
>> --
>>
>> "kbros1965" <kbros1965@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Everytime I attempt to burn a CD, I get an error Windows Media Player
>> > encountered a problem while burning the file to the disc. For
>> > additional
>> > assistance, click Web Help. I go to web help and get a C00D10DA error
>> > code.
>> > Ive changed disk manufacturers 3 times, attempted to slow the burn
>> > speed,
>> > and
>> > still no luck. Any suggestions?

kbros1965

Re: Media Player Burn Problem
Hi again,

It was Dell tech support people that attempted to solve the problem. They
indicated that there were no updates for media player, and until one arrived,
the program probably would not work correctly. They suggested an alternative
program such as Roxio. Id just as well figure out whats wrong with Media
Player. Ive only had the computer up and running for 5 days!!

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> Microsoft tech support people? What's the support incident number if so?
> Who are you dealing with?
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
>
> "kbros1965" <kbros1965@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi. Yes, I can play each song in the burn list individually. The files
> > are
> > all MP3's. I installed and used Roxio to burn some CD's recently, so the
> > harware part is working OK. I get the same message when attempting to
> > burn
> > as a data CD. I was on line with tech support last night, and they
> > believe
> > that media player might be corrupted in some fashon.
> >
> > Any advice?
> >
> > "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
> >

> >> That's a very generic burn failure. Can you play each song in the burn
> >> list
> >> individually? What file types are the files? Does it work if you burn
> >> it
> >> as a data CD? Can Explorer burn folders?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Speaking for myself only.
> >> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
> >> rights.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Media Player Burn Problem

Can Explorer burn CDs?

At what point in the burn process does it fail?

Huh - that's a vague answer from them.

--

> Hi again,
>
> It was Dell tech support people that attempted to solve the problem. They
> indicated that there were no updates for media player, and until one
> arrived,
> the program probably would not work correctly. They suggested an
> alternative
> program such as Roxio. Id just as well figure out whats wrong with Media
> Player. Ive only had the computer up and running for 5 days!!
>
> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>

>> Microsoft tech support people? What's the support incident number if so?
>> Who are you dealing with?
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> rights.
>> --
>>
>> "kbros1965" <kbros1965@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi. Yes, I can play each song in the burn list individually. The
>> > files
>> > are
>> > all MP3's. I installed and used Roxio to burn some CD's recently, so
>> > the
>> > harware part is working OK. I get the same message when attempting to
>> > burn
>> > as a data CD. I was on line with tech support last night, and they
>> > believe
>> > that media player might be corrupted in some fashon.
>> >
>> > Any advice?

kbros1965

Re: Media Player Burn Problem
Ive been using Roxio to burn all CDs thus far. I havent tried to burn them
using Explorer. Ill try it but you'll need to provide me with instructions
as to how to do that. The burn process does not even start. I drag songs
into the burn list, insert the CD, then when I click burn CD, the error
message pops up immediately.

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> Can Explorer burn CDs?
>
> At what point in the burn process does it fail?
>
> Huh - that's a vague answer from them.
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
>
> "kbros1965" <kbros1965@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi again,
> >
> > It was Dell tech support people that attempted to solve the problem. They
> > indicated that there were no updates for media player, and until one
> > arrived,
> > the program probably would not work correctly. They suggested an
> > alternative
> > program such as Roxio. Id just as well figure out whats wrong with Media
> > Player. Ive only had the computer up and running for 5 days!!
> >
> > "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
> >

> >> Microsoft tech support people? What's the support incident number if so?
> >> Who are you dealing with?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Speaking for myself only.
> >> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
> >> rights.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Media Player Burn Problem

When you click Web Help on the error in WMP, what URL does it take you to?

What did Dell specifically say was broken?

If you right click on the blank CD in Explorer, you should be able to
AutoPlay. You should then get the offer to copy files to the disc for
burning - does it work that way?

--

> Ive been using Roxio to burn all CDs thus far. I havent tried to burn
> them
> using Explorer. Ill try it but you'll need to provide me with
> instructions
> as to how to do that. The burn process does not even start. I drag songs
> into the burn list, insert the CD, then when I click burn CD, the error
> message pops up immediately.
>
> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>

>> Can Explorer burn CDs?
>>
>> At what point in the burn process does it fail?
>>
>> Huh - that's a vague answer from them.
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> rights.
>> --
>>
>> "kbros1965" <kbros1965@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi again,
>> >
>> > It was Dell tech support people that attempted to solve the problem.
>> > They
>> > indicated that there were no updates for media player, and until one
>> > arrived,
>> > the program probably would not work correctly. They suggested an
>> > alternative
>> > program such as Roxio. Id just as well figure out whats wrong with
>> > Media
>> > Player. Ive only had the computer up and running for 5 days!!

kbros1965

Re: Media Player Burn Problem
Thanks for your patience with this.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...nalid=80040155

is the URL address that I get when I click on the web help after the error

Dell Tech indicated that he thinks that media player was potentially
corrupted when another program was installed, or uninstalled (they did not
specify). I removed PCillian as a security program and installed Norton. I
also installed Rhapsody as a on line purchase music format, but maintained
media player as the default for all operations to include buring. I
attempted to install Plus! for analog recording but received the error
message that Plus! was not compatable and uninstalled the application. I
also uninstalled the pre-bundled AOL and other dial-up options since I have
high speed internet. I also uninstalled Google tool bar.

I can burn the music as a data (MP3) CD in Explorer, but if I attempt to
burn it as a music cd (one of the two options I was given), I get kicked into
media player, and ultimately the same error that I have described