Syncing causes WMP to crash

Rchlptl90

Syncing causes WMP to crash
I have been trying to sync media onto my 2 gb Patriot miniSD card. However,
every time I build up my list of media I want to add onto it and I click the
"Sync Now" button, WMP crashes. It begins to sync the first few songs,
however after 4 songs I get an error message that states that "WMP is not
responding". I have tried to do this same thing with different media, but I
still have my WMP crashing. I have checked Microsoft for any updates, but it
seems that I have kept my computer in good condition (I've only had this
computer for about 1 month now). The WMP crashing issue is a recurring
problem for me so now I'm at my last resort. What do I do?
zachd [MSFT]

Re: Syncing causes WMP to crash

What's the fault bucket for that crash according to the Problem Reports and
Solutions center:
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket
?

--
Speaking for myself only.

"Rchlptl90" <Rchlptl90@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been trying to sync media onto my 2 gb Patriot miniSD card. However,
> every time I build up my list of media I want to add onto it and I click
> the
> "Sync Now" button, WMP crashes. It begins to sync the first few songs,
> however after 4 songs I get an error message that states that "WMP is not
> responding". I have tried to do this same thing with different media, but
> still have my WMP crashing. I have checked Microsoft for any updates, but
> it
> seems that I have kept my computer in good condition (I've only had this
> computer for about 1 month now). The WMP crashing issue is a recurring
> problem for me so now I'm at my last resort. What do I do?

Rchlptl90

Re: Syncing causes WMP to crash
My Problem Report information states:
Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: wmplayer.exe
Application Version: 11.0.6000.6344
Application Timestamp: 46e5f12e
Fault Module Name: StackHash_f2c6
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bdc9
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: 000af1c9
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: f2c6
Additional Information 2: c541f8029793b8e1e0a499ab356bac93
Additional Information 3: 25fa
Additional Information 4: 48157cedfbf42a72999c647cb1368c52

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 547832003

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> What's the fault bucket for that crash according to the Problem Reports and
> Solutions center:
> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket
> ?
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
>
> "Rchlptl90" <Rchlptl90@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have been trying to sync media onto my 2 gb Patriot miniSD card. However,
> > every time I build up my list of media I want to add onto it and I click
> > the
> > "Sync Now" button, WMP crashes. It begins to sync the first few songs,
> > however after 4 songs I get an error message that states that "WMP is not
> > responding". I have tried to do this same thing with different media, but
> > still have my WMP crashing. I have checked Microsoft for any updates, but
> > it
> > seems that I have kept my computer in good condition (I've only had this
> > computer for about 1 month now). The WMP crashing issue is a recurring
> > problem for me so now I'm at my last resort. What do I do?

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Syncing causes WMP to crash

That indicates that the file msms001.vwp is on your system.
Is it?

What codec pack(s) did you install? Please don't install those: they're
generally pretty bad news. =\

--
> My Problem Report information states:
> Problem signature
> Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> Application Name: wmplayer.exe
> Application Version: 11.0.6000.6344
> Application Timestamp: 46e5f12e
> Fault Module Name: StackHash_f2c6
> Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386
> Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bdc9
> Exception Code: c0000374
> Exception Offset: 000af1c9
> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> Locale ID: 1033
> Additional Information 1: f2c6
> Additional Information 2: c541f8029793b8e1e0a499ab356bac93
> Additional Information 3: 25fa
> Additional Information 4: 48157cedfbf42a72999c647cb1368c52
>
> Extra information about the problem
> Bucket ID: 547832003
>

> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>

>> What's the fault bucket for that crash according to the Problem Reports
>> and
>> Solutions center:
>> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket
>> ?
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> rights.
>> --
>>
>> "Rchlptl90" <Rchlptl90@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have been trying to sync media onto my 2 gb Patriot miniSD card.
>> >However,
>> > every time I build up my list of media I want to add onto it and I
>> > click
>> > the
>> > "Sync Now" button, WMP crashes. It begins to sync the first few songs,
>> > however after 4 songs I get an error message that states that "WMP is
>> > not
>> > responding". I have tried to do this same thing with different media,
>> > but
>> > still have my WMP crashing. I have checked Microsoft for any updates,
>> > but
>> > it
>> > seems that I have kept my computer in good condition (I've only had
>> > this
>> > computer for about 1 month now). The WMP crashing issue is a recurring
>> > problem for me so now I'm at my last resort. What do I do?

Rchlptl90

Re: Syncing causes WMP to crash
Yep, I do have the file msms001.vwp on my system.
I had the Storm Codec pack installed, however I uninstalled it and made sure
that the msms.vwp file was deleted as well.
I synced files onto my memory card and I'm glad to report that there aren't
any glitches at all.
Thank you very much for your help.
You're a lifesaver!
-Rachael
"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> That indicates that the file msms001.vwp is on your system.
> Is it?
>
> What codec pack(s) did you install? Please don't install those: they're
> generally pretty bad news. =\
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> "Rchlptl90" <Rchlptl90@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My Problem Report information states:
> > Problem signature
> > Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> > Application Name: wmplayer.exe
> > Application Version: 11.0.6000.6344
> > Application Timestamp: 46e5f12e
> > Fault Module Name: StackHash_f2c6
> > Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386
> > Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bdc9
> > Exception Code: c0000374
> > Exception Offset: 000af1c9
> > OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> > Locale ID: 1033
> > Additional Information 1: f2c6
> > Additional Information 2: c541f8029793b8e1e0a499ab356bac93
> > Additional Information 3: 25fa
> > Additional Information 4: 48157cedfbf42a72999c647cb1368c52
> >
> > Extra information about the problem
> > Bucket ID: 547832003
> >

> > "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
> >

> >> What's the fault bucket for that crash according to the Problem Reports
> >> and
> >> Solutions center:
> >> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket
> >> ?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Speaking for myself only.
> >> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
> >> rights.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Syncing causes WMP to crash

Thanks for the clarification, I appreciate it. =)

Yes, the Storm Codec Pack is bad / horrible and will indeed corrupt your
system like this.

Vista Service Pack 1 should refuse to load this botched codec. It's a rough
solution, but it's not ever going to work anyways, so it's a net win. =(