DVD player

Noa

DVD player
I have a brand new HP Pavilion Media Center m8100n with DVD super multi
drive/CD writer. I can play my wedding dvd, but when I try to play
commercially purchased DVD's (either with Windows Media Player or Windows
Media Center) I get some message and am unable to watch.

Windows Media Player states: cannot play this DVD because there is a problem
with digital copy protection between your DVD drive, decoder, and video card.
Try installing an updated driver for your video card. Windows Media Center
states: DVD may be in use by another application. If all other applications
are closed, the video resolution may need to be loweredor the display
connection type may not support playback of the DVD.

I contacted HP and a nice person tryied to help via internet connection.
They had me uninstal/reinstal Roxio and also send me to a site to get an
updated driver.

Neither made a difference.

Thanks in advanse.
zachd [MSFT]

Re: DVD player

Congratulations on your wedding. =)

What video card do you have? What specific video card driver version do you
have?
Do you have an nVidia card? They were shipping non-real-signed drivers for
a while, which is bad and could cause this problem. If you go to them/HP
for a video card driver update, does this then work?

--
Speaking for myself only.

"Noa" <Noa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a brand new HP Pavilion Media Center m8100n with DVD super multi
> drive/CD writer. I can play my wedding dvd, but when I try to play
> commercially purchased DVD's (either with Windows Media Player or Windows
> Media Center) I get some message and am unable to watch.
>
> Windows Media Player states: cannot play this DVD because there is a
> problem
> with digital copy protection between your DVD drive, decoder, and video
> card.
> Try installing an updated driver for your video card. Windows Media Center
> states: DVD may be in use by another application. If all other
> applications
> are closed, the video resolution may need to be loweredor the display
> connection type may not support playback of the DVD.
>
> I contacted HP and a nice person tryied to help via internet connection.
> They had me uninstal/reinstal Roxio and also send me to a site to get an
> updated driver.
>
> Neither made a difference.
>
> Thanks in advanse.

Noa

Re: DVD player
I have an NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE nForce 430 version162.22

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> Congratulations on your wedding. =)
>
> What video card do you have? What specific video card driver version do you
> have?
> Do you have an nVidia card? They were shipping non-real-signed drivers for
> a while, which is bad and could cause this problem. If you go to them/HP
> for a video card driver update, does this then work?
>

> --
> Speaking for myself only.
>
> "Noa" <Noa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a brand new HP Pavilion Media Center m8100n with DVD super multi
> > drive/CD writer. I can play my wedding dvd, but when I try to play
> > commercially purchased DVD's (either with Windows Media Player or Windows
> > Media Center) I get some message and am unable to watch.
> >
> > Windows Media Player states: cannot play this DVD because there is a
> > problem
> > with digital copy protection between your DVD drive, decoder, and video
> > card.
> > Try installing an updated driver for your video card. Windows Media Center
> > states: DVD may be in use by another application. If all other
> > applications
> > are closed, the video resolution may need to be loweredor the display
> > connection type may not support playback of the DVD.
> >
> > I contacted HP and a nice person tryied to help via internet connection.
> > They had me uninstal/reinstal Roxio and also send me to a site to get an
> > updated driver.
> >
> > Neither made a difference.
> >
> > Thanks in advanse.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: DVD player

I see version 169.25 on the nVidia site - does that work better?

--

>I have an NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE nForce 430 version162.22
>
> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>

>> Congratulations on your wedding. =)
>>
>> What video card do you have? What specific video card driver version do
>> you
>> have?
>> Do you have an nVidia card? They were shipping non-real-signed drivers
>> for
>> a while, which is bad and could cause this problem. If you go to them/HP
>> for a video card driver update, does this then work?
>>

>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> rights.
>> --
>>
>> "Noa" <Noa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a brand new HP Pavilion Media Center m8100n with DVD super multi
>> > drive/CD writer. I can play my wedding dvd, but when I try to play
>> > commercially purchased DVD's (either with Windows Media Player or
>> > Windows
>> > Media Center) I get some message and am unable to watch.
>> >
>> > Windows Media Player states: cannot play this DVD because there is a
>> > problem
>> > with digital copy protection between your DVD drive, decoder, and video
>> > card.
>> > Try installing an updated driver for your video card. Windows Media
>> > Center
>> > states: DVD may be in use by another application. If all other
>> > applications
>> > are closed, the video resolution may need to be loweredor the display
>> > connection type may not support playback of the DVD.
>> >
>> > I contacted HP and a nice person tryied to help via internet
>> > connection.
>> > They had me uninstal/reinstal Roxio and also send me to a site to get
>> > an
>> > updated driver.
>> >
>> > Neither made a difference.
>> >
>> > Thanks in advanse.

Noa

Re: DVD player
I will try when I get home tonight (I am at work right now). If I recall I
did an NVIDIA driver upgrade...but we have tried so many things I can't
remember all of them.

Thanks.