Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Video lengh is shortened

microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-29-2007
Srvarg
 

Posts: n/a
Video lengh is shortened
Help please! Iam trying to make a copy of my babies birth video on a dvd disc
but the video length is shortened to 25 min and the actual video is 33 min.
How to solve this problem. Any help is apprciated.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-29-2007
JW
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Video lengh is shortened
Is the original video in high resolution? If yes then it just may not fit
on a standard DVD unless it has its resolution reduced first.
"Srvarg" <Srvarg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:B24D3C7E-251D-4515-8833-9D7C91114B5E@microsoft.com...
> Help please! Iam trying to make a copy of my babies birth video on a dvd
> disc
> but the video length is shortened to 25 min and the actual video is 33
> min.
> How to solve this problem. Any help is apprciated.


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-30-2007
Srvarg
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Video lengh is shortened
Thanks you JW.I don't know if its high resolution or not. How to know it? If
it is in high resolution then how to reduce it so that it can fit into the
dvd disc.

"JW" wrote:

> Is the original video in high resolution? If yes then it just may not fit
> on a standard DVD unless it has its resolution reduced first.
> "Srvarg" <Srvarg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:B24D3C7E-251D-4515-8833-9D7C91114B5E@microsoft.com...
> > Help please! Iam trying to make a copy of my babies birth video on a dvd
> > disc
> > but the video length is shortened to 25 min and the actual video is 33
> > min.
> > How to solve this problem. Any help is apprciated.

>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-30-2007
JW
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Video lengh is shortened
How big is the file?

"Srvarg" <Srvarg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:9929687A-8978-4111-986F-D88401FB0160@microsoft.com...
> Thanks you JW.I don't know if its high resolution or not. How to know it?
> If
> it is in high resolution then how to reduce it so that it can fit into the
> dvd disc.
>
> "JW" wrote:
>
>> Is the original video in high resolution? If yes then it just may not
>> fit
>> on a standard DVD unless it has its resolution reduced first.
>> "Srvarg" <Srvarg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:B24D3C7E-251D-4515-8833-9D7C91114B5E@microsoft.com...
>> > Help please! Iam trying to make a copy of my babies birth video on a
>> > dvd
>> > disc
>> > but the video length is shortened to 25 min and the actual video is 33
>> > min.
>> > How to solve this problem. Any help is apprciated.

>>


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-31-2007
Srvarg
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Video lengh is shortened
its only 200mb.

"JW" wrote:

> How big is the file?
>
> "Srvarg" <Srvarg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:9929687A-8978-4111-986F-D88401FB0160@microsoft.com...
> > Thanks you JW.I don't know if its high resolution or not. How to know it?
> > If
> > it is in high resolution then how to reduce it so that it can fit into the
> > dvd disc.
> >
> > "JW" wrote:
> >
> >> Is the original video in high resolution? If yes then it just may not
> >> fit
> >> on a standard DVD unless it has its resolution reduced first.
> >> "Srvarg" <Srvarg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:B24D3C7E-251D-4515-8833-9D7C91114B5E@microsoft.com...
> >> > Help please! Iam trying to make a copy of my babies birth video on a
> >> > dvd
> >> > disc
> >> > but the video length is shortened to 25 min and the actual video is 33
> >> > min.
> >> > How to solve this problem. Any help is apprciated.
> >>

>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2008
JW
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Video lengh is shortened
Well then size is not a problem. When you play the file on another system or
play it back from the system you recorded it on does it play for 25 or 33
minutes?

"Srvarg" <Srvarg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:8D6144A9-F47F-4885-AF2A-C3B07931244A@microsoft.com...
> its only 200mb.
>
> "JW" wrote:
>
>> How big is the file?
>>
>> "Srvarg" <Srvarg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:9929687A-8978-4111-986F-D88401FB0160@microsoft.com...
>> > Thanks you JW.I don't know if its high resolution or not. How to know
>> > it?
>> > If
>> > it is in high resolution then how to reduce it so that it can fit into
>> > the
>> > dvd disc.
>> >
>> > "JW" wrote:
>> >
>> >> Is the original video in high resolution? If yes then it just may not
>> >> fit
>> >> on a standard DVD unless it has its resolution reduced first.
>> >> "Srvarg" <Srvarg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:B24D3C7E-251D-4515-8833-9D7C91114B5E@microsoft.com...
>> >> > Help please! Iam trying to make a copy of my babies birth video on a
>> >> > dvd
>> >> > disc
>> >> > but the video length is shortened to 25 min and the actual video is
>> >> > 33
>> >> > min.
>> >> > How to solve this problem. Any help is apprciated.
>> >>

>>


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2008
Srvarg
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Video lengh is shortened
Yes it does show 33 min when I try to burn thru Roxio but the problem is
there is no sound in Roxio but the video is full lenght. In Windows dvd
maker there is sound but the length is shortened.

"JW" wrote:

> Well then size is not a problem. When you play the file on another system or
> play it back from the system you recorded it on does it play for 25 or 33
> minutes?
>
> "Srvarg" <Srvarg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:8D6144A9-F47F-4885-AF2A-C3B07931244A@microsoft.com...
> > its only 200mb.
> >
> > "JW" wrote:
> >
> >> How big is the file?
> >>
> >> "Srvarg" <Srvarg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:9929687A-8978-4111-986F-D88401FB0160@microsoft.com...
> >> > Thanks you JW.I don't know if its high resolution or not. How to know
> >> > it?
> >> > If
> >> > it is in high resolution then how to reduce it so that it can fit into
> >> > the
> >> > dvd disc.
> >> >
> >> > "JW" wrote:
> >> >
> >> >> Is the original video in high resolution? If yes then it just may not
> >> >> fit
> >> >> on a standard DVD unless it has its resolution reduced first.
> >> >> "Srvarg" <Srvarg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> >> news:B24D3C7E-251D-4515-8833-9D7C91114B5E@microsoft.com...
> >> >> > Help please! Iam trying to make a copy of my babies birth video on a
> >> >> > dvd
> >> >> > disc
> >> >> > but the video length is shortened to 25 min and the actual video is
> >> >> > 33
> >> >> > min.
> >> >> > How to solve this problem. Any help is apprciated.
> >> >>
> >>

>

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2008
Graham Hughes
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Video lengh is shortened
What is the file type of the original video?


--

Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media
www.myvideoproblems.com


"Srvarg" <Srvarg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:9DF4B1BB-4A40-460C-9B2F-BF5358CB8203@microsoft.com...
> Yes it does show 33 min when I try to burn thru Roxio but the problem is
> there is no sound in Roxio but the video is full lenght. In Windows dvd
> maker there is sound but the length is shortened.
>
> "JW" wrote:
>
>> Well then size is not a problem. When you play the file on another system
>> or
>> play it back from the system you recorded it on does it play for 25 or 33
>> minutes?
>>
>> "Srvarg" <Srvarg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:8D6144A9-F47F-4885-AF2A-C3B07931244A@microsoft.com...
>> > its only 200mb.
>> >
>> > "JW" wrote:
>> >
>> >> How big is the file?
>> >>
>> >> "Srvarg" <Srvarg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:9929687A-8978-4111-986F-D88401FB0160@microsoft.com...
>> >> > Thanks you JW.I don't know if its high resolution or not. How to
>> >> > know
>> >> > it?
>> >> > If
>> >> > it is in high resolution then how to reduce it so that it can fit
>> >> > into
>> >> > the
>> >> > dvd disc.
>> >> >
>> >> > "JW" wrote:
>> >> >
>> >> >> Is the original video in high resolution? If yes then it just may
>> >> >> not
>> >> >> fit
>> >> >> on a standard DVD unless it has its resolution reduced first.
>> >> >> "Srvarg" <Srvarg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> >> news:B24D3C7E-251D-4515-8833-9D7C91114B5E@microsoft.com...
>> >> >> > Help please! Iam trying to make a copy of my babies birth video
>> >> >> > on a
>> >> >> > dvd
>> >> >> > disc
>> >> >> > but the video length is shortened to 25 min and the actual video
>> >> >> > is
>> >> >> > 33
>> >> >> > min.
>> >> >> > How to solve this problem. Any help is apprciated.
>> >> >>
>> >>

>>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need video drivers for Intel 810/810e/815/815e series video card M Skabialka microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 14 10-07-2009 09:45
Article ID: 926675 Audio may not be synchronized with video playback when you play a video in Windows Vista KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
What two-head video card can play a HD video on a secondary monito Dima microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 07-30-2007 16:46
What two-head video card can play a HD video on a secondary monito Dima microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 06-28-2007 09:58
Vista RC1: Media Center - Video codec error while trying to play DVD-video disc rtc microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 0 12-06-2006 09:23




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 14:38.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120