Custom profiles in Windows Movie Maker

nLinked

Custom profiles in Windows Movie Maker
On Vista, I've created a profile using Windows Media Encoder 9 and saved it
to my desktop. I've followed the instructions here
(http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...033.mspx#EZBAC)
to add it to Windows Movie Maker, but it still doesn't appear in the list
when I try to publish my movie. I've tried many different settings.

I have uploaded my profile here
(http://cid-22843e2166281482.skydrive...lic/Custom.prx)
if anyone can try and see why it won't get added to Windows Movie Maker.
Have I got the settings wrong? I would like my profile to work in Windows
Movie Maker the way I've made it but it just won't get added into the
Windows Movie Maker list when I place in it the C:\Program Files\Movie
Maker\Shared\Profiles folder, even though it is in the Profiles folder that
I created.

nLinked

Re: Custom profiles in Windows Movie Maker
Problem solved by going to File > Publish Movie rather than from the
sidebar.

"nLinked" <nLinked@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> On Vista, I've created a profile using Windows Media Encoder 9 and saved
> it to my desktop. I've followed the instructions here
> (http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...033.mspx#EZBAC)
> to add it to Windows Movie Maker, but it still doesn't appear in the list
> when I try to publish my movie. I've tried many different settings.
>
> I have uploaded my profile here
> (http://cid-22843e2166281482.skydrive...lic/Custom.prx)
> if anyone can try and see why it won't get added to Windows Movie Maker.
> Have I got the settings wrong? I would like my profile to work in Windows
> Movie Maker the way I've made it but it just won't get added into the
> Windows Movie Maker list when I place in it the C:\Program Files\Movie
> Maker\Shared\Profiles folder, even though it is in the Profiles folder
> that I created.

berd0029

Re: Custom profiles in Windows Movie Maker

... two years later but I think I solved the problem. I was having a
similar issue. I had created the profiles folder, but my custom profiles
were not showing up.

My problem was that in the profile editor under video size I was
selecting the checkbox "same as video input"

When that box is selected, the custom profile wouldn't show up in movie
maker.

Don't check that box!

... two hours of my life I'll never get back, but hopefully I can help
save someone else some time.

--
berd0029
John Inzer

berd0029 wrote:
> .. two years later but I think I solved the problem. I was having a
> similar issue. I had created the profiles folder, but my custom
> profiles were not showing up.
>
> My problem was that in the profile editor under video size I was
> selecting the checkbox "same as video input"
>
> When that box is selected, the custom profile wouldn't show up in
> movie maker.
>
> Don't check that box!
>
> .. two hours of my life I'll never get back, but hopefully I can help
> save someone else some time.

May have been easier just to read the following tutorial
from 2003. Have a look at the next to last entry that says:
"Clear the Same as video input check box in Windows
Media Profile Editor".

Creating Custom Profiles
for Windows Movie Maker 2
http://tinyurl.com/cuny7