size of Photo Attachments

Lori

size of Photo Attachments
I have MSN so I can't send photos from my Windows Photo Gallery. It says
it's not compatible. So in sending attachments from my MSN e-mail, I am
having trouble with attachment size. For some reason some of my photos end
up being over 1,500 KB. Which of course takes forever to send. I need to
make them smaller some how. I don't know how they got bigger. When some of
them are normal sized and they are taken with the same camera and imported
the same way. I really could use someones help.
Thank you
--
Lori
Curious

Re: size of Photo Attachments
What size pictures (pixels) is your digital camera set to take? If you use
digital zoom on the camera the pictures will have less pixels just as if you
cropped them before sending them.
"Lori" <Lori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have MSN so I can't send photos from my Windows Photo Gallery. It says
> it's not compatible. So in sending attachments from my MSN e-mail, I am
> having trouble with attachment size. For some reason some of my photos
> end
> up being over 1,500 KB. Which of course takes forever to send. I need to
> make them smaller some how. I don't know how they got bigger. When some
> of
> them are normal sized and they are taken with the same camera and imported
> the same way. I really could use someones help.
> Thank you
> --
> Lori

John Inzer

Lori wrote:
> I have MSN so I can't send photos from my Windows Photo Gallery. It
> says it's not compatible. So in sending attachments from my MSN
> e-mail, I am having trouble with attachment size. For some reason
> some of my photos end up being over 1,500 KB. Which of course takes
> forever to send. I need to make them smaller some how. I don't know
> how they got bigger. When some of them are normal sized and they are
> taken with the same camera and imported the same way. I really could
> use someones help.
> Thank you

=============================
Maybe the following free image
resizer would be useful:

VSO Image Resizer -
manage your digital photos
http://tinyurl.com/3bxfbu

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Lori

Re: size of Photo Attachments
I am new at this and I don't know how to find that info. My camera is a Nikon
Coolpix L11 3x optical zoom 6.2-18.6 mm1;2.8-5.2. What ever that means. The
pictures I took last month and loaded into my computer are a good size, the
ones I took on Christmas are huge and we didn't change anything.
Thank you
--
Lori

"Curious" wrote:

> What size pictures (pixels) is your digital camera set to take? If you use
> digital zoom on the camera the pictures will have less pixels just as if you
> cropped them before sending them.
> "Lori" <Lori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have MSN so I can't send photos from my Windows Photo Gallery. It says
> > it's not compatible. So in sending attachments from my MSN e-mail, I am
> > having trouble with attachment size. For some reason some of my photos
> > end
> > up being over 1,500 KB. Which of course takes forever to send. I need to
> > make them smaller some how. I don't know how they got bigger. When some
> > of
> > them are normal sized and they are taken with the same camera and imported
> > the same way. I really could use someones help.
> > Thank you
> > --
> > Lori

Lori

Re: size of Photo Attachments
Thank you very much for the place to get the resizer. It helped a lot.
--
Lori

"John Inzer" wrote:

> Lori wrote:
> > I have MSN so I can't send photos from my Windows Photo Gallery. It
> > says it's not compatible. So in sending attachments from my MSN
> > e-mail, I am having trouble with attachment size. For some reason
> > some of my photos end up being over 1,500 KB. Which of course takes
> > forever to send. I need to make them smaller some how. I don't know
> > how they got bigger. When some of them are normal sized and they are
> > taken with the same camera and imported the same way. I really could
> > use someones help.
> > Thank you

> =============================
> Maybe the following free image
> resizer would be useful:
>
> VSO Image Resizer -
> manage your digital photos
> http://tinyurl.com/3bxfbu
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
> MS Picture It! -
> Digital Image MVP
>
> Digital Image
> Highlights and FAQs
> http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

John Inzer

Lori wrote:
> Thank you very much for the place to get the resizer. It helped a
> lot.

You're welcome.

Thanks for the update.