Vista Photo Gallery Slide Show

Paul

Vista Photo Gallery Slide Show
Vista Photo Gallery working fine. Suddenly slide show has stopped operating.
It shows the first picture and then closes saying that there was an error and
Photo Gallery is closing down.

Any help much appreciated. Factory installed Vista package.

--
Paul
John Inzer

Re: Vista Photo Gallery Slide Show
Paul wrote:
> Vista Photo Gallery working fine. Suddenly slide show has stopped
> operating. It shows the first picture and then closes saying that
> there was an error and Photo Gallery is closing down.
>
> Any help much appreciated. Factory installed Vista package.

===================================
Maybe the following article would offer some ideas:

(938818) You do not see pictures when you
start a slide show in Windows Photo Gallery
in Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938818/en-us

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Paul

Re: Vista Photo Gallery Slide Show
Followed the actions to RegEdit to 0 as suggested. Unfortunately, problem
still persists. On opening Photo Gallery and selecting a series of
photographs to form a slide show, a message appears saying that Phot Gallery
has stopped working and closes the application and then re-opens it.

No further forward I'km afraid.
--
Paul

Paul wrote:
> Followed the actions to RegEdit to 0 as suggested. Unfortunately,
> problem still persists. On opening Photo Gallery and selecting a
> series of photographs to form a slide show, a message appears saying
> that Phot Gallery has stopped working and closes the application and
> then re-opens it.
>
> No further forward I'km afraid.

Just wondering what format the images are saved in?

It's possible that your database is corrupted, have a
look at the following article:

(944221) Windows Live Photo Gallery stops
responding or will not start
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/944221/en-us

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -
Digital Image MVP

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Paul

Re: Vista Photo Gallery Slide Show
John,

Before I try your latest advice, I have found that the JPEG file types in my
Photo Galllery work fine. However the video type files (eg MVI_1234.AVI)
which used to run correctly, taken with the same Canon IXUS cause the program
to shut down and restart. Your thoughts please?
--
Paul

Paul wrote:
> John,
>
> Before I try your latest advice, I have found that the JPEG file
> types in my Photo Galllery work fine. However the video type files
> (eg MVI_1234.AVI) which used to run correctly, taken with the same
> Canon IXUS cause the program to shut down and restart. Your thoughts
> please?

Sorry...I don't understand how the video files
could be involved in the slide show.

Maybe you have an issue with Windows Media
Player 11. Maybe the following link would lead
to something useful:

Troubleshooting Windows
Media Player 11 for Windows Vista
http://tinyurl.com/3dg3ar