I really need help!!

judy

I really need help!!
hi
i would like to know if i can remove windows photo gallery from my vista pc?

i dont understand it at all, i have photos in my picture folder and i
deleted some
but when i go to windows photo gallery theyre there. i dont understand.
are all the photos double in my pc?
helpp please!!!
thanks
--
judy
johan

Re: I really need help!!

"judy" <judy_torres190@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
> hi
> i would like to know if i can remove windows photo gallery from my vista
> pc?
>
> i dont understand it at all, i have photos in my picture folder and i
> deleted some
> but when i go to windows photo gallery theyre there. i dont understand.
> are all the photos double in my pc?
> helpp please!!!
> thanks
> --
> judy

Make your own map of photo's, don't remove photogallery, just ignore it. The
photo's are not double but only direct to each other. So deleting depends on
where you put your photo's in the first place.

Dave

Re: I really need help!!
No, you can't uninstall WPG.

What you are seeing are the thumbnail pictures that WPG created from your
original pictures. If you deleted some of the pictures, the thumbnails
should go away.

If they persist, you can manually force a rebuild of the database.

The C:\Users\[username]\AppData folder is hidden, so you can't see it until
you change your settings to show hidden files. To show hidden files, open
Windows Explorer, click on "Organize", select "Folder & Search Options",
Select "View", check "Show hidden files and folders", OK

Close WPG, then go to
C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Photo Gallery\

Rename Pictures.pd4 to Pictures.pd4.old, and see if that helps.

--
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"judy" <judy_torres190@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> hi
> i would like to know if i can remove windows photo gallery from my vista
> pc?
>
> i dont understand it at all, i have photos in my picture folder and i
> deleted some
> but when i go to windows photo gallery theyre there. i dont understand.
> are all the photos double in my pc?
> helpp please!!!
> thanks
> --
> judy

Michael Palumbo

Re: I really need help!!

"Dave" <dave@beepbeep.com> wrote in message
> No, you can't uninstall WPG.
>
> What you are seeing are the thumbnail pictures that WPG created from your
> original pictures. If you deleted some of the pictures, the thumbnails
> should go away.
>
> If they persist, you can manually force a rebuild of the database.
>
> The C:\Users\[username]\AppData folder is hidden, so you can't see it
> until
> you change your settings to show hidden files. To show hidden files, open
> Windows Explorer, click on "Organize", select "Folder & Search Options",
> Select "View", check "Show hidden files and folders", OK
>
> Close WPG, then go to
> C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Photo Gallery\
>
> Rename Pictures.pd4 to Pictures.pd4.old, and see if that helps.
>

> --
> http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
>
> "judy" <judy_torres190@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> hi
>> i would like to know if i can remove windows photo gallery from my vista
>> pc?
>>
>> i dont understand it at all, i have photos in my picture folder and i
>> deleted some
>> but when i go to windows photo gallery theyre there. i dont understand.
>> are all the photos double in my pc?
>> helpp please!!!
>> thanks
>> --
>> judy

A slightly easier way to get to the folder without going through the
"unhiding" process is to simply type in the Search, or Run dialog;

"%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Photo Gallery\"

Simply copy and paste this in and it will take you directly to the folder.

Mic