Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Vista & Canon Digital Video

microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-26-2007
Bill Mac
 

Posts: n/a
Vista & Canon Digital Video
Just purchased a new PC with Vista. Previous XP system allowed download of
video from Canon MV30i Digital Video, Vista does not support IEEE1394
according to Canon. Now left with hours of video tape to create DVD.

Reading the discussion groups IEEE1394 was obviously an important facility
which MS has taken away and left quite a few people stranded. Any ideas?
--
Bill Mac
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-26-2007
John Inzer
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista & Canon Digital Video
Bill Mac wrote:
> Just purchased a new PC with Vista. Previous XP system allowed
> download of video from Canon MV30i Digital Video, Vista does not
> support IEEE1394 according to Canon. Now left with hours of video
> tape to create DVD.
>
> Reading the discussion groups IEEE1394 was obviously an important
> facility which MS has taken away and left quite a few people
> stranded. Any ideas?

=================================
Maybe the following articles will offer some ideas:

Windows Vista -
Troubleshoot problems with importing
files into Windows Movie Maker
http://tinyurl.com/2z63ks

Windows Vista -
Import video from an analog video
camera or VCR through a DV camera
http://tinyurl.com/2ockxc

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -
Digital Image MVP

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-26-2007
Bill Mac
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista & Canon Digital Video
Thanks for the suggestion.

The issue I have a digital camera, and no firewire connection as this is not
supported by MS VISTA according to Canon who "are working with MS to develop
DLLs"

Under XP I had a Firewire connection slot and associated software, but not
in this Vista operating system on Dell hardware. The only possible
connections are a 4 pin S Video or USB, and we know USB does not support
Video, I think.

Tried the S video connection on the PC and video out on the camera, but no
go. as I say it worked perfectly well on XP, but not Vista.

--
Bill Mac


"John Inzer" wrote:


> Bill Mac wrote:
> > Just purchased a new PC with Vista. Previous XP system allowed
> > download of video from Canon MV30i Digital Video, Vista does not
> > support IEEE1394 according to Canon. Now left with hours of video
> > tape to create DVD.
> >
> > Reading the discussion groups IEEE1394 was obviously an important
> > facility which MS has taken away and left quite a few people
> > stranded. Any ideas?

> =================================
> Maybe the following articles will offer some ideas:
>
> Windows Vista -
> Troubleshoot problems with importing
> files into Windows Movie Maker
> http://tinyurl.com/2z63ks
>
> Windows Vista -
> Import video from an analog video
> camera or VCR through a DV camera
> http://tinyurl.com/2ockxc
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
> MS Picture It! -
> Digital Image MVP
>
> Digital Image
> Highlights and FAQs
> http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk
>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-26-2007
johan
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista & Canon Digital Video

"Bill Mac" <BillMac@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
news:FF3DE403-9E2F-45CE-952F-20F0CE416355@microsoft.com...
> Thanks for the suggestion.
>
> The issue I have a digital camera, and no firewire connection as this is
> not
> supported by MS VISTA according to Canon who "are working with MS to
> develop
> DLLs"
>
> Under XP I had a Firewire connection slot and associated software, but not
> in this Vista operating system on Dell hardware. The only possible
> connections are a 4 pin S Video or USB, and we know USB does not support
> Video, I think.
>
> Bill Mac
>


USB2 supports streaming video.

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
canon digital foto toestel 400d ton microsoft.public.nl.windows.vista 1 10-15-2007 16:40
Canon EOS 300D Digital Rebel - Import using Windows? Nigel Molesworth microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 7 08-13-2007 02:52
Canon FB620U - Office 2007 Scan OK - Vista F & Scan NO ? Wonderman microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 4 02-14-2007 04:16
Canon PowerShot A40 Digital Camerca, no driver in Vista =?Utf-8?B?TGF3cmVuY2UgTW9r?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 3 02-05-2007 22:54
Canon EOS 300D Digital Rebel - Import using Windows? Nigel Molesworth microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 3 01-14-2007 17:57




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:34.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120