Windows Photo Gallery is now just a blank screen

Jeff

Windows Photo Gallery is now just a blank screen
I installed Kodak EasyShare's printer and photo software. Since then, when I
plug my Canon 900IS camera in, AutoPlay no longer brings up the Import
Pictures window, and I can no longer access Photo Gallery, which now is just
a blank window that I can't close (I have to reboot to get rid of it). I
uninstalled the Kodak software but that didn't help.

Ideas? I'd like to have the Import Pictures feature back, as well as Photo
Gallery.

thx,
Jeff
John Inzer

Re: Windows Photo Gallery is now just a blank screen
Jeff wrote:
> I installed Kodak EasyShare's printer and photo software. Since
> then, when I plug my Canon 900IS camera in, AutoPlay no longer brings
> up the Import Pictures window, and I can no longer access Photo
> Gallery, which now is just a blank window that I can't close (I have
> to reboot to get rid of it). I uninstalled the Kodak software but
> that didn't help.
>
> Ideas? I'd like to have the Import Pictures feature back, as well as
> Photo Gallery.
>
> thx,
> Jeff

=================================
I think I would try doing a system restore to a
time before the easyshare software was installed.

Using Windows Vista
System Restore
http://tinyurl.com/2qhd77

And...maybe the following links will offer some ideas:

Windows Vista :
How to customize AutoPlay
http://www.vista4beginners.com/AutoPlay

(944221) Windows Live Photo Gallery stops
responding or will not start
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/944221/en-us

It may be worth a try to install Windows Live Photo Gallery:

Windows Live Photo Gallery
http://get.live.com/photogallery/overview

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Jeff

Re: Windows Photo Gallery is now just a blank screen
i'm afraid to do the restore, because it's a been a month since i installed
the kodak software--but i'll check out your links. Thx John.

"John Inzer" wrote:

> Jeff wrote:
> > I installed Kodak EasyShare's printer and photo software. Since
> > then, when I plug my Canon 900IS camera in, AutoPlay no longer brings
> > up the Import Pictures window, and I can no longer access Photo
> > Gallery, which now is just a blank window that I can't close (I have
> > to reboot to get rid of it). I uninstalled the Kodak software but
> > that didn't help.
> >
> > Ideas? I'd like to have the Import Pictures feature back, as well as
> > Photo Gallery.
> >
> > thx,
> > Jeff

> =================================
> I think I would try doing a system restore to a
> time before the easyshare software was installed.
>
> Using Windows Vista
> System Restore
> http://tinyurl.com/2qhd77
>
> And...maybe the following links will offer some ideas:
>
> Windows Vista :
> How to customize AutoPlay
> http://www.vista4beginners.com/AutoPlay
>
> (944221) Windows Live Photo Gallery stops
> responding or will not start
>
> It may be worth a try to install Windows Live Photo Gallery:
>
> Windows Live Photo Gallery
> http://get.live.com/photogallery/overview
>

> --
>
> John Inzer
> MS Picture It! -
> Digital Image MVP
>
> Digital Image
> Highlights and FAQs
> http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

Jeff

Re: Windows Photo Gallery is now just a blank screen
john: I installed live photo gallery, which appears to have solved the
problem--thx!
Jeff

Jeff wrote:
> john: I installed live photo gallery, which appears to have solved the
> problem--thx!
> Jeff

Thanks for the update.