Windows media player 11 on Vista

Oburi

Windows media player 11 on Vista
Hi. My problem with wmp 11 is that for some reason it takes a good 20+
seconds to play a song. Video streaming is fine, it's just with mp3 format
songs. Not only is there a time lag for mp3 song files but it will always
start skipping for the last 10 seconds of the file. It never fails, I must
wait half a minute whenever I click a song and then it WILL skip during the
end. I can't reinstall it for some reason either. It doesn't show up in the
add or remove programs list. I can't express my annoyence enough, having such
a large library of music.
Cal Bear '66

Re: Windows media player 11 on Vista
Do you have a Sigma Tel audio adapter?

Right click on the Speaker icon in the Notification Area of the Taskbar and
select Playback Devices. In the Playback window highlight Speakers and press
the Properties button. On the Enhancements tab, CHECK the "Disable All
Enhancement" checkbox. Press Apply. Press OK.

Use this as a workaround until Sigma Tel properly updates their drivers.

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Oburi" <Oburi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsA0AD6B4-EB03-4DB3-AB00-9B841C8B05B4@microsoft.com...
> Hi. My problem with wmp 11 is that for some reason it takes a good 20+
> seconds to play a song. Video streaming is fine, it's just with mp3 format
> songs. Not only is there a time lag for mp3 song files but it will always
> start skipping for the last 10 seconds of the file. It never fails, I must
> wait half a minute whenever I click a song and then it WILL skip during the
> end. I can't reinstall it for some reason either. It doesn't show up in the
> add or remove programs list. I can't express my annoyence enough, having such
> a large library of music.

Oburi

Re: Windows media player 11 on Vista
It worked buddy. I'm forever gratefull!

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> Do you have a Sigma Tel audio adapter?
>
> Right click on the Speaker icon in the Notification Area of the Taskbar and
> select Playback Devices. In the Playback window highlight Speakers and press
> the Properties button. On the Enhancements tab, CHECK the "Disable All
> Enhancement" checkbox. Press Apply. Press OK.
>
> Use this as a workaround until Sigma Tel properly updates their drivers.
>

> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "Oburi" <Oburi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsA0AD6B4-EB03-4DB3-AB00-9B841C8B05B4@microsoft.com...
> > Hi. My problem with wmp 11 is that for some reason it takes a good 20+
> > seconds to play a song. Video streaming is fine, it's just with mp3 format
> > songs. Not only is there a time lag for mp3 song files but it will always
> > start skipping for the last 10 seconds of the file. It never fails, I must
> > wait half a minute whenever I click a song and then it WILL skip during the
> > end. I can't reinstall it for some reason either. It doesn't show up in the
> > add or remove programs list. I can't express my annoyence enough, having such
> > a large library of music.

Cal Bear '66

Re: Windows media player 11 on Vista
Excellent! My pleasure.

Glad it worked for you.

Forever is a very long time...

> It worked buddy. I'm forever gratefull!
>
> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> Do you have a Sigma Tel audio adapter?
>>
>> Right click on the Speaker icon in the Notification Area of the Taskbar and
>> select Playback Devices. In the Playback window highlight Speakers and press
>> the Properties button. On the Enhancements tab, CHECK the "Disable All
>> Enhancement" checkbox. Press Apply. Press OK.
>>
>> Use this as a workaround until Sigma Tel properly updates their drivers.
>>

>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!
>>

>> "Oburi" <Oburi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> newsA0AD6B4-EB03-4DB3-AB00-9B841C8B05B4@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi. My problem with wmp 11 is that for some reason it takes a good 20+
>> > seconds to play a song. Video streaming is fine, it's just with mp3 format
>> > songs. Not only is there a time lag for mp3 song files but it will always
>> > start skipping for the last 10 seconds of the file. It never fails, I must
>> > wait half a minute whenever I click a song and then it WILL skip during the
>> > end. I can't reinstall it for some reason either. It doesn't show up in the
>> > add or remove programs list. I can't express my annoyence enough, having
>> > such
>> > a large library of music.

nealio1

Re: Windows media player 11 on Vista
when i playback a cd i burned on another device it displays an error message