DVD playback from USB drive fails

tombert

DVD playback from USB drive fails
Microsofts Media Player fails to playback Videos from USB drives with the
message "wrong region code" although the region is zero. If the VOB files are
copied to a local hard disc e.g. My Videos the files are playing perfectly.
Other players are failing as well with infinite hung time.
Rawwwwrr

RE: DVD playback from USB drive fails
You must download the more updated region code decoder. Even if the region is
set at zero. www.meatspin.com

"tombert" wrote:

> Microsofts Media Player fails to playback Videos from USB drives with the
> message "wrong region code" although the region is zero. If the VOB files are
> copied to a local hard disc e.g. My Videos the files are playing perfectly.
> Other players are failing as well with infinite hung time.

stevebit

RE: DVD playback from USB drive fails
I'm having the same problem and so far microsort has not been able to correct
the problem i can not play from media center also from the usb drive but
can from the local hard drive and the optical drive will also play. have benn
able to get this issue fixed. i sure could use some help

"tombert" wrote:

> Microsofts Media Player fails to playback Videos from USB drives with the
> message "wrong region code" although the region is zero. If the VOB files are
> copied to a local hard disc e.g. My Videos the files are playing perfectly.
> Other players are failing as well with infinite hung time.

tombert

RE: DVD playback from USB drive fails
Please see
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...g=de&cr=DE&p=1

There seem to be more people which do have this problem - you're not the
only one though ...

"stevebit" wrote:

> I'm having the same problem and so far microsort has not been able to correct
> the problem i can not play from media center also from the usb drive but
> can from the local hard drive and the optical drive will also play. have benn
> able to get this issue fixed. i sure could use some help
>
> "tombert" wrote:
>
> > Microsofts Media Player fails to playback Videos from USB drives with the
> > message "wrong region code" although the region is zero. If the VOB files are
> > copied to a local hard disc e.g. My Videos the files are playing perfectly.
> > Other players are failing as well with infinite hung time.

tombert

RE: DVD playback from USB drive fails
For a workaroung solution please see
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...g=en&cr=US&p=1

"stevebit" wrote:

> I'm having the same problem and so far microsort has not been able to correct
> the problem i can not play from media center also from the usb drive but
> can from the local hard drive and the optical drive will also play. have benn
> able to get this issue fixed. i sure could use some help
>
> "tombert" wrote:
>
> > Microsofts Media Player fails to playback Videos from USB drives with the
> > message "wrong region code" although the region is zero. If the VOB files are
> > copied to a local hard disc e.g. My Videos the files are playing perfectly.
> > Other players are failing as well with infinite hung time.

wtcjam

Re: DVD playback from USB drive fails

I just setup my USB dreive and am getting this EXACT problem. Does
anyone know a way around it? Vety frustration. Thank, Jack

--
wtcjam
bailadora26

wtcjam;774438 Wrote:
> I just setup my USB drive and am getting this EXACT problem. Media
> player will give me a Region error; if I copy the files to the local
> drive they play just fine. IT IS ONLY FROM THE USB DRIVE THAT I GET THIS
> PROBLEM!
> I can play them if they are on a networked drive. I just cannot
> play them from a drive connect USB to my local vista system!!
> Does anyone know a way around it? Very frustrating. I just dont
> have enough drive space to copy them all to a locak drive. Thank,
> Jack

I bought a Sony with Windows Vista Home Premium and have the exact same
problem. I have a Vista 64 bit and it is not a problem.

I checked the link for a workaround solution and could not find
anything.

Has anyone found an answer? How do I contact a technician at
Microsoft? They sent me back to Sony because Sony installed the
windows. Desperate for ideas!
Thanks,
Candy

--