Movie Maker Crash when publish DV-AVI

Tom

Movie Maker Crash when publish DV-AVI
Whenever I try and save a movie as AVI movie maker screen goes white and
program recycles back to where I was when I tried to publish a file type of
DV-AVI. I can publish to other types WMA etc. Thanks in advance
zachd [MSFT]

Re: Movie Maker Crash when publish DV-AVI

What is the specific fault data for the crash as found in the Problem
Reports and Solutions center:
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket
?

--
Speaking for myself only.

"Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Whenever I try and save a movie as AVI movie maker screen goes white and
> program recycles back to where I was when I tried to publish a file type
> of
> DV-AVI. I can publish to other types WMA etc. Thanks in advance

John Bishop

Re: Movie Maker Crash when publish DV-AVI
It doesn't actually crash, so I don't get an error. It just doesn't play
video past 1 second. I am wondering if this might be a codec problem
somehow. Is there a way to uninstall/reinstall this app back to defaults?

John

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> What is the specific fault data for the crash as found in the Problem
> Reports and Solutions center:
> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket
> ?
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
>
> "Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Whenever I try and save a movie as AVI movie maker screen goes white and
> > program recycles back to where I was when I tried to publish a file type
> > of
> > DV-AVI. I can publish to other types WMA etc. Thanks in advance

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Movie Maker Crash when publish DV-AVI

Is audio still playing forward?
I don't know what you've done to get into this state, so couldn't comment
really helpfully. 3rd party codecs or bad video card drivers would be my
first two suspects. =\

--
Speaking for myself only.