Windows DVD MAKER...PROBLEM URGENT! CHRISTMAS PRESENT!

Brioli

Windows DVD MAKER...PROBLEM URGENT! CHRISTMAS PRESENT!
I'm trying to burn a DVD on my new (4months old) computer. I'm operating
Vista, and have a Sony DVD+RW burner. I am using DVD-R disk. It seems to
burn until 98.7 % and then sites an error (non-specific). I created the video
with Windows Movie Maker, and trying to burn it with Windows DVD Maker.
"Help" told me to play it in Windows Media Player and see if it worked (if
not, it supposedly won't burn with DVD maker). It plays correctly in Media
Player, but with no sound?? If I Play it in movie maker or DVD maker the
audio is fine. Can anyone please help? It is a present from my daughter to
her father who had a terrible brain injury for christmas. We only have
tomorrow to give it to him. Please help. Thank you
Brioli

RE: Windows DVD MAKER...PROBLEM URGENT! CHRISTMAS PRESENT!
Also..I am using Windows Vista Home Premium 2006
"Brioli" wrote:

> I'm trying to burn a DVD on my new (4months old) computer. I'm operating
> Vista, and have a Sony DVD+RW burner. I am using DVD-R disk. It seems to
> burn until 98.7 % and then sites an error (non-specific). I created the video
> with Windows Movie Maker, and trying to burn it with Windows DVD Maker.
> "Help" told me to play it in Windows Media Player and see if it worked (if
> not, it supposedly won't burn with DVD maker). It plays correctly in Media
> Player, but with no sound?? If I Play it in movie maker or DVD maker the
> audio is fine. Can anyone please help? It is a present from my daughter to
> her father who had a terrible brain injury for christmas. We only have
> tomorrow to give it to him. Please help. Thank you

Rod

RE: Windows DVD MAKER...PROBLEM URGENT! CHRISTMAS PRESENT!
i have the exact same problem - gets to 98.9% then error.

It did not fix it for me, but read that you may want to uncheck "AVI
Decompressor".
In Movie Maker go to Tools, then Options, then Compatibility Tab, and
uncheck AVI Decompressor.

Let me know if it works. i tried, but did not work for me. But I read it
did work for someone else.

raymondchan

Re: Windows DVD MAKER...PROBLEM URGENT! CHRISTMAS PRESENT!

Yes, with windows movie maker, this boring problem always happens. Just
recommend another dvd authoring program 'Wondershare DVD Slideshow
Builder' (http://download.photo-to-dvd.com/DSB_trial.exe), which is
recommended by my friend Monica. It's easy to make a home movie without
problems.

Have a try and hope you will make it.

Just found a download link for you:
http://download.photo-to-dvd.com/DSB_trial.exe

--
raymondchan
raymondchan's Profile: http://camcorderanswers.com/member.php?userid=6590

http://camcorderanswers.com

Brioli

RE: Windows DVD MAKER...PROBLEM URGENT! CHRISTMAS PRESENT!
Thanks Rod...I tried it, and it didn't work for me. I ended up on the phone
with Dell Tech Support (my windows vista was preinstalled)...I was on the
phone 3 hours, and they accessed my computer with remote access....they
updated everything, and looked at everything. No solution for the problem.
They said I have to wait on an update to fix this via Windows...so
sad...looks like a great program.

"Rod" wrote:

> i have the exact same problem - gets to 98.9% then error.
>
> It did not fix it for me, but read that you may want to uncheck "AVI
> Decompressor".
> In Movie Maker go to Tools, then Options, then Compatibility Tab, and
> uncheck AVI Decompressor.
>
> Let me know if it works. i tried, but did not work for me. But I read it
> did work for someone else.

Brioli

Re: Windows DVD MAKER...PROBLEM URGENT! CHRISTMAS PRESENT!
Thankyou Raymond... that is a great program!