WMP 11 on Vista shows songs, playlist, etc twice

Knight

WMP 11 on Vista shows songs, playlist, etc twice
I have all my songs saved on my Vista Desktop in the public folder. In WMP
11 on the Vista machine it shows the SAME song twice as follows
c:\Public\music\song1.wma
\\computer\music\song1.wma

Thankfully my XP laptop on shows the items once. But this happens for
everything (playlists, video, etc)
Its annoying!! How dow I make it stop?
zachd [MSFT]

Re: WMP 11 on Vista shows songs, playlist, etc twice

Is the "public" folder located on a diferent system? That's what it looks
like...

--
Speaking for myself only.

"Knight" <Knight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have all my songs saved on my Vista Desktop in the public folder. In WMP
> 11 on the Vista machine it shows the SAME song twice as follows
> c:\Public\music\song1.wma
> \\computer\music\song1.wma
>
> Thankfully my XP laptop on shows the items once. But this happens for
> everything (playlists, video, etc)
> Its annoying!! How dow I make it stop?

Knight

Re: WMP 11 on Vista shows songs, playlist, etc twice
No, all my music is on the same Vista desktop that lists the duplicate
location. I have 2 WinXP laptops that I stream the music to. They do NOT
show duplicates.

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> Is the "public" folder located on a diferent system? That's what it looks
> like...
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
>
> "Knight" <Knight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have all my songs saved on my Vista Desktop in the public folder. In WMP
> > 11 on the Vista machine it shows the SAME song twice as follows
> > c:\Public\music\song1.wma
> > \\computer\music\song1.wma
> >
> > Thankfully my XP laptop on shows the items once. But this happens for
> > everything (playlists, video, etc)
> > Its annoying!! How dow I make it stop?

zachd [MSFT]

Re: WMP 11 on Vista shows songs, playlist, etc twice

What's your Rip location set to?
If c:\public is a mapped location, WMP is going to unmap it. Please don't
use mapped locations: they won't work.

--

> No, all my music is on the same Vista desktop that lists the duplicate
> location. I have 2 WinXP laptops that I stream the music to. They do NOT
> show duplicates.
>
> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>

>> Is the "public" folder located on a diferent system? That's what it
>> looks
>> like...
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> rights.
>> --
>>
>> "Knight" <Knight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have all my songs saved on my Vista Desktop in the public folder. In
>> >WMP
>> > 11 on the Vista machine it shows the SAME song twice as follows
>> > c:\Public\music\song1.wma
>> > \\computer\music\song1.wma
>> >
>> > Thankfully my XP laptop on shows the items once. But this happens for
>> > everything (playlists, video, etc)
>> > Its annoying!! How dow I make it stop?

Knight

Re: WMP 11 on Vista shows songs, playlist, etc twice
yes, i rip to "\public\music" directory