Transferring personal dvd to a computer file?

Cheryl

Transferring personal dvd to a computer file?
Could someone please tell me how to transfer a personal dvd (wedding dvd) to
a file on Windowns Vista? We want to burn another DVD off of this one using
the computer. Are we far fetched? Thanks for your help...Cheryl
John Inzer

Re: Transferring personal dvd to a computer file?
Cheryl wrote:
> Could someone please tell me how to transfer a personal dvd (wedding
> dvd) to a file on Windowns Vista? We want to burn another DVD off of
> this one using the computer. Are we far fetched? Thanks for your
> help...Cheryl

================================
For the purpose you describe...there is no
reason to copy the DVD files to your hard
drive.

If you have a DVD burner...it should include
software that will allow you to Copy a DVD.

Anyway...here's some info on ripping a DVD:

Movie Maker 2 -
Importing Video from Discs
http://tinyurl.com/n3g2b

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

David

RE: Transferring personal dvd to a computer file?
hey Cheryl, I have a similar concern, maybe someone out there can answer this
one: How do I get my music videos from my DVD, and get them downloaded to my
MP3 player?

"Cheryl" wrote:

> Could someone please tell me how to transfer a personal dvd (wedding dvd) to
> a file on Windowns Vista? We want to burn another DVD off of this one using
> the computer. Are we far fetched? Thanks for your help...Cheryl

Bob

Re: Transferring personal dvd to a computer file?
Do not hijack a thread. Start a new thread /for / your / question.

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
http://dts-l.net/goodpost.htm
http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/unice.htm

> hey Cheryl, I have a similar concern, maybe someone out there can answer
> this
> one: How do I get my music videos from my DVD, and get them downloaded to
> my
> MP3 player?
>
> "Cheryl" wrote:
>
>> Could someone please tell me how to transfer a personal dvd (wedding dvd)
>> a file on Windowns Vista? We want to burn another DVD off of this one
>> using
>> the computer. Are we far fetched? Thanks for your help...Cheryl

DP

Re: Transferring personal dvd to a computer file?

> hey Cheryl, I have a similar concern, maybe someone out there can answer
> this
> one: How do I get my music videos from my DVD, and get them downloaded to
> my
> MP3 player?

Highlight all the files on the DVD and drag and drop them into a folder on
your computer. That gets them to the hard drive. After that depends on your
particular type of mp3 player.

>> Could someone please tell me how to transfer a personal dvd (wedding dvd)
>> a file on Windowns Vista? We want to burn another DVD off of this one
>> using
>> the computer. Are we far fetched? Thanks for your help...Cheryl

The same process as above probably works here, too. But there should be a
method to just copy your DVD, assuming you have a burner.