Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Windows Media Player error C00D11B1

microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-22-2007
Bob Johnston
 

Posts: n/a
Windows Media Player error C00D11B1
Running Vista Ultimate with RC SP1. I am suddenly getting the above error on
Media Player when I try to play files which I could play before. Any help
would be appreciated

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-25-2007
zachd [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Media Player error C00D11B1

For what file type(s)? What changed from the "before"?

--
Speaking for myself only.
See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
--

"Bob Johnston" <bbobjohnston@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:uv1YqlHRIHA.4128@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Running Vista Ultimate with RC SP1. I am suddenly getting the above error
> on Media Player when I try to play files which I could play before. Any
> help would be appreciated



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-25-2007
etoel
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Media Player error C00D11B1
I Have the same problem - I have a fresh install of Vista Home Premium and
WMP11.
My problem started when I bought 2 albums on MSN Music - when I try to play
these 2 I get this error.
Impressive site Zach, but I couldn't find anything related to getting this
error during playback of protected music.

I googled this and found some suggestions about deleting everything under
\all users\DRM (for Vista it is probably somewhere else), but mine were
empty already.

Thanks

"zachd [MSFT]" <zachd@nomailplz.online.microsoft.com> skrev i
nyhetsmeldingen: eKLa51uRIHA.5360@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl ...
>
> For what file type(s)? What changed from the "before"?
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> rights.
> --
>
> "Bob Johnston" <bbobjohnston@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:uv1YqlHRIHA.4128@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> Running Vista Ultimate with RC SP1. I am suddenly getting the above error
>> on Media Player when I try to play files which I could play before. Any
>> help would be appreciated

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-25-2007
zachd [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Media Player error C00D11B1

Yours are probably hidden files still. =)

According to WMP's Help:about:Technical Support Information menu tool, what
Indiv Level are you?

--
Speaking for myself only.
See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
--

"etoel" <etoel@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:exSwuE0RIHA.280@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>I Have the same problem - I have a fresh install of Vista Home Premium and
>WMP11.
> My problem started when I bought 2 albums on MSN Music - when I try to
> play these 2 I get this error.
> Impressive site Zach, but I couldn't find anything related to getting this
> error during playback of protected music.
>
> I googled this and found some suggestions about deleting everything under
> \all users\DRM (for Vista it is probably somewhere else), but mine were
> empty already.
>
> Thanks
>
> "zachd [MSFT]" <zachd@nomailplz.online.microsoft.com> skrev i
> nyhetsmeldingen: eKLa51uRIHA.5360@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl ...
>>
>> For what file type(s)? What changed from the "before"?
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
>> rights.
>> --
>>
>> "Bob Johnston" <bbobjohnston@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:uv1YqlHRIHA.4128@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>> Running Vista Ultimate with RC SP1. I am suddenly getting the above
>>> error on Media Player when I try to play files which I could play
>>> before. Any help would be appreciated

>>
>>



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-25-2007
etoel
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Media Player error C00D11B1
Hehe - well, it would be weird if I could see the hidden folders and not the
hidden files

I found some references to C:\programdata\DRM around also - maybe I should
look here alse...

"zachd [MSFT]" <zachd@nomailplz.online.microsoft.com> skrev i
nyhetsmeldingen: OnKwSH0RIHA.5136@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl ...
>
> Yours are probably hidden files still. =)
>
> According to WMP's Help:about:Technical Support Information menu tool,
> what Indiv Level are you?
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> rights.
> --
>
> "etoel" <etoel@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:exSwuE0RIHA.280@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>I Have the same problem - I have a fresh install of Vista Home Premium and
>>WMP11.
>> My problem started when I bought 2 albums on MSN Music - when I try to
>> play these 2 I get this error.
>> Impressive site Zach, but I couldn't find anything related to getting
>> this error during playback of protected music.
>>
>> I googled this and found some suggestions about deleting everything under
>> \all users\DRM (for Vista it is probably somewhere else), but mine were
>> empty already.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> "zachd [MSFT]" <zachd@nomailplz.online.microsoft.com> skrev i
>> nyhetsmeldingen: eKLa51uRIHA.5360@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl ...
>>>
>>> For what file type(s)? What changed from the "before"?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Speaking for myself only.
>>> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
>>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
>>> rights.
>>> --
>>>
>>> "Bob Johnston" <bbobjohnston@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> news:uv1YqlHRIHA.4128@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>>> Running Vista Ultimate with RC SP1. I am suddenly getting the above
>>>> error on Media Player when I try to play files which I could play
>>>> before. Any help would be appreciated
>>>
>>>

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-26-2007
zachd [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Media Player error C00D11B1

I believe they're System Hidden, which is that extra little checkbox. =\

--
Speaking for myself only.
See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
--

"etoel" <etoel@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:%239XEZM0RIHA.5400@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Hehe - well, it would be weird if I could see the hidden folders and not
> the hidden files
>
> I found some references to C:\programdata\DRM around also - maybe I should
> look here alse...
>
> "zachd [MSFT]" <zachd@nomailplz.online.microsoft.com> skrev i
> nyhetsmeldingen: OnKwSH0RIHA.5136@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl ...
>>
>> Yours are probably hidden files still. =)
>>
>> According to WMP's Help:about:Technical Support Information menu tool,
>> what Indiv Level are you?
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
>> rights.
>> --
>>
>> "etoel" <etoel@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:exSwuE0RIHA.280@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>>I Have the same problem - I have a fresh install of Vista Home Premium
>>>and WMP11.
>>> My problem started when I bought 2 albums on MSN Music - when I try to
>>> play these 2 I get this error.
>>> Impressive site Zach, but I couldn't find anything related to getting
>>> this error during playback of protected music.
>>>
>>> I googled this and found some suggestions about deleting everything
>>> under \all users\DRM (for Vista it is probably somewhere else), but mine
>>> were empty already.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> "zachd [MSFT]" <zachd@nomailplz.online.microsoft.com> skrev i
>>> nyhetsmeldingen: eKLa51uRIHA.5360@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl ...
>>>>
>>>> For what file type(s)? What changed from the "before"?
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Speaking for myself only.
>>>> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
>>>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
>>>> rights.
>>>> --
>>>>
>>>> "Bob Johnston" <bbobjohnston@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>>> news:uv1YqlHRIHA.4128@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>>>> Running Vista Ultimate with RC SP1. I am suddenly getting the above
>>>>> error on Media Player when I try to play files which I could play
>>>>> before. Any help would be appreciated
>>>>
>>>>

>>
>>



Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 01-08-2008
Bob Johnston
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Media Player error C00D11B1
Sorry for the long delay in replying zachd [MSFT]. The files are standard
..avi movies which played perfectly well a few weeks before. I can play these
files in any other media player, no problem, and could them all before in
Media Player 11. Now none of my avi movies will play and all come up withe
same error code ??
"Bob Johnston" <bbobjohnston@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:uv1YqlHRIHA.4128@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Running Vista Ultimate with RC SP1. I am suddenly getting the above error
> on Media Player when I try to play files which I could play before. Any
> help would be appreciated


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2008
zachd [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Media Player error C00D11B1

OK, what's the full URL that the Web Help button takes you to?
Where did you get these from? What codecs do the AVI files use?
What changed on the system before this broke?

--
Speaking for myself only.
See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
--

"Bob Johnston" <bbobjohnston@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:uEgdIxdUIHA.4360@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Sorry for the long delay in replying zachd [MSFT]. The files are standard
> .avi movies which played perfectly well a few weeks before. I can play
> these files in any other media player, no problem, and could them all
> before in Media Player 11. Now none of my avi movies will play and all
> come up withe same error code ??
> "Bob Johnston" <bbobjohnston@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:uv1YqlHRIHA.4128@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> Running Vista Ultimate with RC SP1. I am suddenly getting the above error
>> on Media Player when I try to play files which I could play before. Any
>> help would be appreciated

>



Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2008
etoel
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Media Player error C00D11B1
Tuned out I was looking in the wrong place after all. The location for Vista
is: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\DRM
I was asked by MSN Music support to delete all the files there, but I wasn't
allowed to do so (even if my account has admin). I logged on in safe mode
and was allowed to delete them.
When I tried to play the files WMP told me it would update the licenses and
I could see that the folder got populated again, but I got the same error
trying to play the songs...

Back to square one

I tried to find out the owner of that folder since I wasn't allowed to
delete the files there and as far as I remember it said "unknown user" - I
checked my other vista box and it said "SYSTEM" there. The only difference
between the 2 boxes is that I at one point activated and deactivated the
administrator account on the first one - maybe that took over the ownership
or something.. Don't know.
Weird...

I have other issues with that box too, so it may be connected.



"zachd [MSFT]" <zachd@nomailplz.online.microsoft.com> skrev i
nyhetsmeldingen: #sNLxO3RIHA.5976@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl ...
>
> I believe they're System Hidden, which is that extra little checkbox. =\
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> rights.
> --
>
> "etoel" <etoel@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:%239XEZM0RIHA.5400@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> Hehe - well, it would be weird if I could see the hidden folders and not
>> the hidden files
>>
>> I found some references to C:\programdata\DRM around also - maybe I
>> should look here alse...
>>
>> "zachd [MSFT]" <zachd@nomailplz.online.microsoft.com> skrev i
>> nyhetsmeldingen: OnKwSH0RIHA.5136@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl ...
>>>
>>> Yours are probably hidden files still. =)
>>>
>>> According to WMP's Help:about:Technical Support Information menu tool,
>>> what Indiv Level are you?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Speaking for myself only.
>>> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
>>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
>>> rights.
>>> --
>>>
>>> "etoel" <etoel@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> news:exSwuE0RIHA.280@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>>>I Have the same problem - I have a fresh install of Vista Home Premium
>>>>and WMP11.
>>>> My problem started when I bought 2 albums on MSN Music - when I try to
>>>> play these 2 I get this error.
>>>> Impressive site Zach, but I couldn't find anything related to getting
>>>> this error during playback of protected music.
>>>>
>>>> I googled this and found some suggestions about deleting everything
>>>> under \all users\DRM (for Vista it is probably somewhere else), but
>>>> mine were empty already.
>>>>
>>>> Thanks
>>>>
>>>> "zachd [MSFT]" <zachd@nomailplz.online.microsoft.com> skrev i
>>>> nyhetsmeldingen: eKLa51uRIHA.5360@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl ...
>>>>>
>>>>> For what file type(s)? What changed from the "before"?
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> Speaking for myself only.
>>>>> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
>>>>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
>>>>> rights.
>>>>> --
>>>>>
>>>>> "Bob Johnston" <bbobjohnston@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>>>> news:uv1YqlHRIHA.4128@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>>>>> Running Vista Ultimate with RC SP1. I am suddenly getting the above
>>>>>> error on Media Player when I try to play files which I could play
>>>>>> before. Any help would be appreciated
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>
>>>

>
>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows Media Player Error. Help! Cheryl microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 11-28-2007 19:59
Windows Media Player Error Message Griffon252 microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 3 11-26-2007 04:21
Article ID: 936706 Musik setzt wiedergegeben, nachdem Sie Windows Media Player 11 beenden, wenn das Windows Media Player-gadget für Windows SideShow auf einem Windows Vista-based Computer ausgeführt wird, fort KBArticles German 0 10-22-2007 21:20
Article ID: 936706 Music continues to play after you exit Windows Media Player 11 if the Windows Media Player gadget for Windows SideShow is running on a Windows Vista-based computer KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
windows media player error HELP HELP HELP bballingenyus23 microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 8 09-30-2007 05:48




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 14:12.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120