DVD Maker's Menus

Bill Condie

DVD Maker's Menus
I'm happy with DVD Maker just to burn a captured VHS to DVD. But I'm doing
that the hard way, capturing the movie in XP, then opening up in Vista. How
do you capture a VHS in Vista?

But I also want to have a DVD with several short videos, and start off when
it plays with a menu showing what videos are there.

All I can seem to get are little video screen of the files.

Should I be looking at another program?

John Inzer

Re: DVD Maker's Menus
Bill Condie wrote:
> I'm happy with DVD Maker just to burn a captured VHS to DVD. But
> I'm doing that the hard way, capturing the movie in XP, then opening
> up in Vista. How do you capture a VHS in Vista?
>
> But I also want to have a DVD with several short videos, and start
> off when it plays with a menu showing what videos are there.
>
> All I can seem to get are little video screen of the files.
>
> Should I be looking at another program?

=================================
Maybe the following links will offer some ideas:

Windows Vista -
Toss out those VHS tapes
http://tinyurl.com/2xzmkb

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...65d901033.mspx

Windows Vista -
Import video from an analog video
camera or VCR through a DV camera
http://tinyurl.com/2ockxc

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...6b7021033.mspx

Windows Vista -
Help and How To:
Windows DVD Maker
http://tinyurl.com/yusbhl

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/win...=&qu=dvd+maker

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Bill Condie

Re: DVD Maker's Menus
Haven't found much help there, but plenty of problems . . .

I'm beginning to wonder if anyone is actually USING it

Mebbe I need a Mac :-)

"John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message
> Bill Condie wrote:
>> I'm happy with DVD Maker just to burn a captured VHS to DVD. But
>> I'm doing that the hard way, capturing the movie in XP, then opening
>> up in Vista. How do you capture a VHS in Vista?
>>
>> But I also want to have a DVD with several short videos, and start
>> off when it plays with a menu showing what videos are there.
>>
>> All I can seem to get are little video screen of the files.
>>
>> Should I be looking at another program?

> =================================
> Maybe the following links will offer some ideas:
>
> Windows Vista -
> Toss out those VHS tapes
> http://tinyurl.com/2xzmkb
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...65d901033.mspx
>
> Windows Vista -
> Import video from an analog video
> camera or VCR through a DV camera
> http://tinyurl.com/2ockxc
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...6b7021033.mspx
>
> Windows Vista -
> Help and How To:
> Windows DVD Maker
> http://tinyurl.com/yusbhl
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/win...=&qu=dvd+maker
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
> MS Picture It! -
> Digital Image MVP
>
> Digital Image
> Highlights and FAQs
> http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

Bruiser

RE: DVD Maker's Menus
To capture VHS in Vista you need analog capturing software...you will be
hardpressed to find a preloaded one on vista...

As for the scenes...using Movie Maker if you save each 'short film' you want
as a separate project file, (up to 18) and then import THOSE into DVD Maker,
each one will be it's own chapter. Unfortunately there is no way to skip
directly to the chapter menu/have the chapter menu show larger thumbnails of
the chapters. However, one could add a small title in movie maker for each
separate short, which would display in the thumbnail itself.

However, I do believe there is a way to manipulate XML code for dvd maker to
customize you menus (and therefore be able to increase the size of the
thumbnails)