No smooth transition from one song to the next

Dan

No smooth transition from one song to the next
No smooth transition from one song to the next. when i set the WMP to
shuffle/repeat songs i get a rough transition near the end of a song going
into the next. i cant find that option that allows me to apply this setting.
anybody know the solution?

Cal Bear '66

Re: No smooth transition from one song to the next
You could try turning off audio enhancements. Right click on the Speaker icon
in the Notification Area of the Taskbar and select Playback Devices. In the
Playback window, highlight Speakers and press the Properties button. On the
Enhancements tab, CHECK the Disable all enhancements checkbox (or something
similar).

What is your audio adapter? Have you downloaded and installed the latest Vista
drivers?

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

> No smooth transition from one song to the next. when i set the WMP to
> shuffle/repeat songs i get a rough transition near the end of a song going
> into the next. i cant find that option that allows me to apply this setting.
> anybody know the solution?

Dan

RE: No smooth transition from one song to the next

♣Dan’s World Inc.™
no...not that... driver specs:

Driver Provider: Sigma Tel
Driver Date: 11/7/06
Driver Version: 6.10.0.5276
Details: Sigma Tel High Definition Audio CODEC
6.0.6000.16386 vista_rtm.061101-2205,

"Dan" wrote:
yes
> No smooth transition from one song to the next. when i set the WMP to
> shuffle/repeat songs i get a rough transition near the end of a song going
> into the next. i cant find that option that allows me to apply this setting.
> anybody know the solution?

Dan

Re: No smooth transition from one song to the next

♣Dan’s World Inc.™

do the MicroSft regular updates cover my audio as well.?

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> You could try turning off audio enhancements. Right click on the Speaker icon
> in the Notification Area of the Taskbar and select Playback Devices. In the
> Playback window, highlight Speakers and press the Properties button. On the
> Enhancements tab, CHECK the Disable all enhancements checkbox (or something
> similar).
>
> What is your audio adapter? Have you downloaded and installed the latest Vista
> drivers?
>

> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > No smooth transition from one song to the next. when i set the WMP to
> > shuffle/repeat songs i get a rough transition near the end of a song going
> > into the next. i cant find that option that allows me to apply this setting.
> > anybody know the solution?

Dan

Re: No smooth transition from one song to the next

♣Dan’s World Inc.™

I am almost sure i remember the words "Fad in to next song"@ a check Box
somewhere. I am not 100% on this...but am i confused about this perticular?
thank you Cal

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> You could try turning off audio enhancements. Right click on the Speaker icon
> in the Notification Area of the Taskbar and select Playback Devices. In the
> Playback window, highlight Speakers and press the Properties button. On the
> Enhancements tab, CHECK the Disable all enhancements checkbox (or something
> similar).
>
> What is your audio adapter? Have you downloaded and installed the latest Vista
> drivers?
>

> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > No smooth transition from one song to the next. when i set the WMP to
> > shuffle/repeat songs i get a rough transition near the end of a song going
> > into the next. i cant find that option that allows me to apply this setting.
> > anybody know the solution?

zachd [MSFT]

Re: No smooth transition from one song to the next

The driver vendor has to get that put on Windows Update. If they haven't
dont that yet, then you would need to get the fixed driver directly from
them.

--
Speaking for myself only.