mp3 cd won't play in car

macongeorgia

mp3 cd won't play in car
When I made mp3 cds with my old xp computer, they would play in my car
stereo. With my new vista computer the mp3 cd I make won't play. I get an
error message that says bad disk. I play them in my computer cd player so
the disk is not bad. I used the mastered format. Can I make a cd with vista
that will work in my car(2005 Navigator)?
John Inzer

Re: mp3 cd won't play in car
macongeorgia wrote:
> When I made mp3 cds with my old xp computer, they would play in my car
> stereo. With my new vista computer the mp3 cd I make won't play. I
> get an error message that says bad disk. I play them in my computer
> cd player so the disk is not bad. I used the mastered format. Can I
> make a cd with vista that will work in my car(2005 Navigator)?

==================================
Maybe the following article will offer some ideas:

Windows Media Player 11 for Windows Vista
Burn Your Own Customized Audio CDs
http://tinyurl.com/3yznpz

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...1_wv/burn.aspx

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Toddimus

Re: mp3 cd won't play in car

I have been having the same problem. In XP you could just drag and drop
the MP3s onto the CD, burn, then close out the session and presto, an
MP3 CD that plays in anything.

Vista screwed that up to. It plays in most newer computers but not in
my car, or my Sony MP3 walkman!

The only way I have been able to burn WORKING mp3 CDs now is in Nero or
other 3rd party programs. This should be fixed in Vista! What happened
to being able to get a computer right out of the box, and get it to burn
a CD for you that works, oh wait thats a MAC ;P Well hopefully there is
a windows update in the future for this.

--
Toddimus
Clevo

Re: mp3 cd won't play in car

Well..assuming the CD's you used are the same brand and type you used
for the XP burn then I say you have a bit of a problem which I will try
to replicate when I get a chance this week (getting ready for a road
trip).

But make sure the CD is finalaised!

--
Clevo
Toddimus

Re: mp3 cd won't play in car

Yes I always finalize the CD. This is a widespread problem that MS needs
to fix. I have three friends with Vista computers and they all have MP3
CD players, since upgrading to Vista every MP3 cd they make does not
work in anything except their PC.

The only work around I have found was to use 3rd party software. This
makes no sense to me because I do no Nero what I do in Windows, drag the
files, burn, finalize disc.. works great in Nero.

--
Toddimus

VistaIsTickingMeOFF is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: mp3 cd won't play in car
You said it, I cannot believe Microsoft would stoop so low, this I am sure was by design... you know MP3 was not their format to begin with so why support this going forward.... I paid more for their new OS Cause I was told it would do more and now I am getting less... Like to see this one in their Mojave Experiment...LOL I sure hope they learned a lesson, other wise this PC user will soon become a MAC user!
Dave

Re: mp3 cd won't play in car
What's your problem?

--
Vista Home Premium 32 SP2 beta
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"VistaIsTickingMeOFF"
<VistaIsTickingMeOFF.3lcwwe@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> You said it, I cannot believe Microsoft would stoop so low, this I am
> sure was by design... you know MP3 was not their format to begin with so
> why support this going forward.... I paid more for their new OS Cause I
> was told it would do more and now I am getting less... Like to see this
> one in their Mojave Experiment...LOL I sure hope they learned a lesson,
> other wise this PC user will soon become a MAC user!
>

> --
> VistaIsTickingMeOFF

oscar

Re: mp3 cd won't play in car
According to your heading and your post, it appears that you do not know the
dfference between mp3 and audio files.

WMP can easily create audio cd's that are useable in car cd players. I do
it all the time.

This appears to be a user problem and not a Vista problem.

Vista is an operating system which allows software such as WMP to integrate
with the hardware. If you have a problem creating audio CD's you should be
looking at the software that converts the MP3 to audio or the hardware
involved.

Your post name, "VistaIsTickingMe Off", suggests that you would better serve
yourself by reading a thick book on how Vista and its features work so you
won't get confused by such simple tasks as creating an audio CD.
--
oscar

....Right click is your very good friend...

"VistaIsTickingMeOFF" wrote:

> You said it, I cannot believe Microsoft would stoop so low, this I am
> sure was by design... you know MP3 was not their format to begin with so
> why support this going forward.... I paid more for their new OS Cause I
> was told it would do more and now I am getting less... Like to see this
> one in their Mojave Experiment...LOL I sure hope they learned a lesson,
> other wise this PC user will soon become a MAC user!
>

> --
> VistaIsTickingMeOFF

VistaIsTickingMeOFF is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: mp3 cd won't play in car
Oscar:

Apparently you don't know the difference between reading and jumping to conclusions. Audio files take more CD space, but maybe your not aware of that. MP3 compression allows for more files per CD... DUH! I am talking about creating an MP3 CD using VISTA which does not close sessions such devices like DVD players, car audio systems use them... READ THE THREAD.... So it is a VISTA ISSUE!!!!

Try you see! I have talked with 10 other Vista users and they all report the same thing... It does not work unless you use third party software. So like I said I paid more to upgrade from XP to an OS with less features!!!

You got it OSCAR.....?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar View Post
According to your heading and your post, it appears that you do not know the
dfference between mp3 and audio files.

WMP can easily create audio cd's that are useable in car cd players. I do
it all the time.

This appears to be a user problem and not a Vista problem.

Vista is an operating system which allows software such as WMP to integrate
with the hardware. If you have a problem creating audio CD's you should be
looking at the software that converts the MP3 to audio or the hardware
involved.

Your post name, "VistaIsTickingMe Off", suggests that you would better serve
yourself by reading a thick book on how Vista and its features work so you
won't get confused by such simple tasks as creating an audio CD.
--
oscar

....Right click is your very good friend...

"VistaIsTickingMeOFF" wrote:

> You said it, I cannot believe Microsoft would stoop so low, this I am
> sure was by design... you know MP3 was not their format to begin with so
> why support this going forward.... I paid more for their new OS Cause I
> was told it would do more and now I am getting less... Like to see this
> one in their Mojave Experiment...LOL I sure hope they learned a lesson,
> other wise this PC user will soon become a MAC user!
>

> --
> VistaIsTickingMeOFF

zachd [MSFT]

Re: mp3 cd won't play in car

Chill, it's an atmosphere of love.

So you're saying you have a very old car audio system that doesn't support
nonfinalized CDs? I can't imagine any modern CD decks not supporting
nonfinalized CDs.
If you want to FORCE closure/finalization, fill the CD. Until that point,
it would seem to be logical ~not~ to finalize the CD.

The finalization/non-finalization of CDs is a feature of IMAPI and is
identical between XP and Vista.

So your options:
* get a modern CD deck; or
* fill the CD; or
* use something that explicitly allows finalization such as Nero

WMP has never ever offered some Finalize checkbox. This is an artifact of
CD Burning and has nothing to do with MP3. The same thing (non-closure of
non-full-ish CDs) would happen if you burned WMA, MID, DOC, or crackers to
your CD. "Anti-mp3" conspiracy theory upon this subject is of course
ludicrous. The devs behind MP3 are good people and I've glad to have
personally worked with them. Please don't let your having old CD hardware
when using a *basic* burning service lead you to invent fake drama between
people that respect each other. I'll say I like them, but I don't want to
presume the feeling is mutual, even though I have Christmas cards downstairs
from them. =)

Anyways, you have three options listed above that should sort you out. And,
as noted, this has never been a Windows feature ever, so it's not like
anything changed here. =)

Cheers,
-Zach
--