Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Windows Media Player

microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-21-2007
k3ys3r
 

Posts: n/a
Windows Media Player
Hi,

My windows media player stops working when I connect a USB thumb drive or my
zune. I am running windows vista. anyone else there have any suggestions on
this?

this is soooo frustrating and i dont want to reimage my pc grrrrrrr!!!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-24-2007
zachd [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Media Player

Is it still listed in the Process tab of Task Manager when it stops working?

--
Speaking for myself only.
See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
--

"k3ys3r" <k3ys3r@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:4417CAA8-B4C9-4BF5-A364-9D5162FAB264@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> My windows media player stops working when I connect a USB thumb drive or
> my
> zune. I am running windows vista. anyone else there have any suggestions
> on
> this?
>
> this is soooo frustrating and i dont want to reimage my pc grrrrrrr!!!



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-26-2007
k3ys3r
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Media Player
No, the wmplayer.exe process stops as well.

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

>
> Is it still listed in the Process tab of Task Manager when it stops working?
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
> --
>
> "k3ys3r" <k3ys3r@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:4417CAA8-B4C9-4BF5-A364-9D5162FAB264@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > My windows media player stops working when I connect a USB thumb drive or
> > my
> > zune. I am running windows vista. anyone else there have any suggestions
> > on
> > this?
> >
> > this is soooo frustrating and i dont want to reimage my pc grrrrrrr!!!

>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-26-2007
zachd [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows Media Player

Ah, so you mean it's crashing? Is there any data about this crash in the
Problem Reports and Solutions center?

--
Speaking for myself only.
See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
--

"k3ys3r" <k3ys3r@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:6F643C40-E6D5-4022-B558-0E099A01E1AC@microsoft.com...
> No, the wmplayer.exe process stops as well.
>
> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>>
>> Is it still listed in the Process tab of Task Manager when it stops
>> working?
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
>> rights.
>> --
>>
>> "k3ys3r" <k3ys3r@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:4417CAA8-B4C9-4BF5-A364-9D5162FAB264@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > My windows media player stops working when I connect a USB thumb drive
>> > or
>> > my
>> > zune. I am running windows vista. anyone else there have any
>> > suggestions
>> > on
>> > this?
>> >
>> > this is soooo frustrating and i dont want to reimage my pc grrrrrrr!!!

>>
>>
>>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
KMplayer, the media player that puts Windows Media Player to SHAME! vista user 43 microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 63 12-21-2007 20:28
Article ID: 936706 Musik setzt wiedergegeben, nachdem Sie Windows Media Player 11 beenden, wenn das Windows Media Player-gadget für Windows SideShow auf einem Windows Vista-based Computer ausgeführt wird, fort KBArticles German 0 10-22-2007 21:20
Article ID: 939104 In Windows Mixer werden Windows Media Player und Windows Media Center nicht korrekt in einer japanischen Version von Windows Vista getitelt KBArticles German 0 10-22-2007 21:20
Article ID: 936706 Music continues to play after you exit Windows Media Player 11 if the Windows Media Player gadget for Windows SideShow is running on a Windows Vista-based computer KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
Article ID: 939104 On a Japanese version of Windows Vista, Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center are not titled correctly in Windows Mixer KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:29.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120