Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Photo Gallery Runtime Error

microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-21-2007
LikesVista
 

Posts: n/a
Photo Gallery Runtime Error
While updating thumbnails, the program crashes, with the following:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\...

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-21-2007
John Inzer
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Photo Gallery Runtime Error
LikesVista wrote:
> While updating thumbnails, the program crashes, with the following:
>
> Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
>
> Runtime Error!
>
> Program: C:\...
>
> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
> unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more
> information.

=======================================
Maybe the following article would be worth a look:

(944221) Windows Live Photo Gallery stops
responding or will not start
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/944221/en-us

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -
Digital Image MVP

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-21-2007
LikesVista
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Photo Gallery Runtime Error
Thanks, but I don't have Pictures.pd4 on my system.

"John Inzer" wrote:

> LikesVista wrote:
> > While updating thumbnails, the program crashes, with the following:
> >
> > Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
> >
> > Runtime Error!
> >
> > Program: C:\...
> >
> > This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
> > unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more
> > information.

> =======================================
> Maybe the following article would be worth a look:
>
> (944221) Windows Live Photo Gallery stops
> responding or will not start
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/944221/en-us
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
> MS Picture It! -
> Digital Image MVP
>
> Digital Image
> Highlights and FAQs
> http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk
>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-21-2007
Dave
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Photo Gallery Runtime Error
It should be located in
C:\Users\(youraccount)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Win dows Photo Gallery

\AppData is normally hidden.
To see it, open Windows Explorer,
Click on "Organize" and select "Folder and Search Options"
Click on "View"
Click on "Show hidden files and folders"
OK



"LikesVista" <LikesVista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:A932BA89-32C3-4582-9561-4E6ECB5558AA@microsoft.com...
> Thanks, but I don't have Pictures.pd4 on my system.
>
> "John Inzer" wrote:
>
>> LikesVista wrote:
>> > While updating thumbnails, the program crashes, with the following:
>> >
>> > Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
>> >
>> > Runtime Error!
>> >
>> > Program: C:\...
>> >
>> > This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
>> > unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more
>> > information.

>> =======================================
>> Maybe the following article would be worth a look:
>>
>> (944221) Windows Live Photo Gallery stops
>> responding or will not start
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/944221/en-us
>>
>> --
>>
>> John Inzer
>> MS Picture It! -
>> Digital Image MVP
>>
>> Digital Image
>> Highlights and FAQs
>> http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695
>>
>> Notice
>> This is not tech support
>> I am a volunteer
>>
>> Solutions that work for
>> me may not work for you
>>
>> Proceed at your own risk
>>
>>
>>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-21-2007
John Inzer
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Photo Gallery Runtime Error
LikesVista wrote:
> Thanks, but I don't have Pictures.pd4 on my system.

================
Yes...you do.

Pictures.pd4 is found at the following location.

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\
Windows Photo Gallery\Pictures.pd4

The file can also be found with an Advanced
Search for pd4.

Go to...Start / Search / Advanced Search.

Check the box..."Include non-indexed, hidden,
and system files" Enter pd4 in the Name field
and left click the Search button.

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -
Digital Image MVP

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-21-2007
LikesVista
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Photo Gallery Runtime Error
Thanks. I tried, and got so far, but ended up with the same error.

"Dave" wrote:

> It should be located in
> C:\Users\(youraccount)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Win dows Photo Gallery
>
> \AppData is normally hidden.
> To see it, open Windows Explorer,
> Click on "Organize" and select "Folder and Search Options"
> Click on "View"
> Click on "Show hidden files and folders"
> OK
>
>
>
> "LikesVista" <LikesVista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:A932BA89-32C3-4582-9561-4E6ECB5558AA@microsoft.com...
> > Thanks, but I don't have Pictures.pd4 on my system.
> >
> > "John Inzer" wrote:
> >
> >> LikesVista wrote:
> >> > While updating thumbnails, the program crashes, with the following:
> >> >
> >> > Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
> >> >
> >> > Runtime Error!
> >> >
> >> > Program: C:\...
> >> >
> >> > This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
> >> > unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more
> >> > information.
> >> =======================================
> >> Maybe the following article would be worth a look:
> >>
> >> (944221) Windows Live Photo Gallery stops
> >> responding or will not start
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/944221/en-us
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> John Inzer
> >> MS Picture It! -
> >> Digital Image MVP
> >>
> >> Digital Image
> >> Highlights and FAQs
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695
> >>
> >> Notice
> >> This is not tech support
> >> I am a volunteer
> >>
> >> Solutions that work for
> >> me may not work for you
> >>
> >> Proceed at your own risk
> >>
> >>
> >>

>

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12-21-2007
John Inzer
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Photo Gallery Runtime Error
LikesVista wrote:
> Thanks. I tried, and got so far, but ended up with the same error.

====================================
Sorry, but I don't know what "got so far" means.

Did you close Photo Gallery and rename your
Pictures.pd4 file to OLD_Pictures.pd4?

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -
Digital Image MVP

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 12-22-2007
LikesVista
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Photo Gallery Runtime Error
Sorry, yes. I then opened Photo Gallery and waited while it updated tags and
thumbnails; it got so far doing that, then crashed with the same error.

"John Inzer" wrote:

> LikesVista wrote:
> > Thanks. I tried, and got so far, but ended up with the same error.

> ====================================
> Sorry, but I don't know what "got so far" means.
>
> Did you close Photo Gallery and rename your
> Pictures.pd4 file to OLD_Pictures.pd4?
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
> MS Picture It! -
> Digital Image MVP
>
> Digital Image
> Highlights and FAQs
> http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk
>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 12-22-2007
John Inzer
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Photo Gallery Runtime Error
LikesVista wrote:
> Sorry, yes. I then opened Photo Gallery and waited while it updated
> tags and thumbnails; it got so far doing that, then crashed with the
> same error.

===================================
Ok thanks...apparently a corrupted database
is not the cause of the problem.

Here's another guess.....maybe you have an
issue with your video driver.

Try reducing your Graphics Hardware Acceleration
as per the instructions in the following article.

(272193) PI: How to Troubleshoot
Graphics Issues
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=272193
(scroll down to: Windows Vista)

If reducing your Graphics Hardware Acceleration
cleared up the issue...you need to update your
video driver. Once the driver is updated...return
your acceleration to Full.

Go to the support website of your video
adapter's mfg. and search for Vista
compatible drivers.

If you don't know the make and model of
your video adapter...check the documentation
that came with the computer.

Also you could try these steps...
Go to...Start / Search...type...
msinfo32 ...press enter.

On the System Information screen...choose...
Components / Display / Adapter Description

You should find the make and model of your
display adapter as well as the driver version.

If the driver on the support website is more
current than the one you are running...
download it and install it. Also you should find
installation instructions at the support site.

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -
Digital Image MVP

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk


Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 12-22-2007
LikesVista
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Photo Gallery Runtime Error
I followed the instructions for Vista, but step 1 produces nothing in the
search results.

"John Inzer" wrote:

> LikesVista wrote:
> > Sorry, yes. I then opened Photo Gallery and waited while it updated
> > tags and thumbnails; it got so far doing that, then crashed with the
> > same error.

> ===================================
> Ok thanks...apparently a corrupted database
> is not the cause of the problem.
>
> Here's another guess.....maybe you have an
> issue with your video driver.
>
> Try reducing your Graphics Hardware Acceleration
> as per the instructions in the following article.
>
> (272193) PI: How to Troubleshoot
> Graphics Issues
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=272193
> (scroll down to: Windows Vista)
>
> If reducing your Graphics Hardware Acceleration
> cleared up the issue...you need to update your
> video driver. Once the driver is updated...return
> your acceleration to Full.
>
> Go to the support website of your video
> adapter's mfg. and search for Vista
> compatible drivers.
>
> If you don't know the make and model of
> your video adapter...check the documentation
> that came with the computer.
>
> Also you could try these steps...
> Go to...Start / Search...type...
> msinfo32 ...press enter.
>
> On the System Information screen...choose...
> Components / Display / Adapter Description
>
> You should find the make and model of your
> display adapter as well as the driver version.
>
> If the driver on the support website is more
> current than the one you are running...
> download it and install it. Also you should find
> installation instructions at the support site.
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
> MS Picture It! -
> Digital Image MVP
>
> Digital Image
> Highlights and FAQs
> http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk
>
>
>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article ID: 928571 When you make changes to a file that is located on a SAMBA-based, network-attached storage device, the changes do not appear in Windows Photo Gallery or Windows Live Photo Gallery KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
Article ID: 929465 Updated metadata information in Windows Photo Gallery or in Windows Live Photo Gallery may not appear when you view the file in a different program KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
Photo Gallery Runtime Error! Rob microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 0 07-27-2007 02:28
Windows Photo Gallery runtime error Hanahou microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 5 06-26-2007 06:21
Windows Photo Gallery Slide Show Error =?Utf-8?B?dG9vbHNoZWQ=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 0 01-05-2007 12:25




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:03.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120