MOVIE MAKER IN VISTA ERROR IN PLAYBACK OF MOVIE FILE

cubsur

MOVIE MAKER IN VISTA ERROR IN PLAYBACK OF MOVIE FILE
I am using Movie Maker under Vista Home Premium to merge several short .avi
files into a single movie for a website. First time I am using this!

Everything seems to be OK, previews etc until I playback the completed .wmv
file. The display size (640 x 480) is correct but the video is compressed
into the top half of the display (thus 320x480) while the bottom half of the
display box is blank green.

This occurs when attempting playback using Windows Media Player, Real Player
and VLC player so I guess something must be going wrong in either the
assembly process or publishing process. All single clips play perfectly OK in
same players.

Have searched help files to no avail. Any suggestions welcomed!
John Inzer

Re: MOVIE MAKER IN VISTA ERROR IN PLAYBACK OF MOVIE FILE
cubsur wrote:
> I am using Movie Maker under Vista Home Premium to merge several
> short .avi files into a single movie for a website. First time I am
> using this!
>
> Everything seems to be OK, previews etc until I playback the
> completed .wmv file. The display size (640 x 480) is correct but the
> video is compressed into the top half of the display (thus 320x480)
> while the bottom half of the display box is blank green.
>
> This occurs when attempting playback using Windows Media Player, Real
> Player and VLC player so I guess something must be going wrong in
> either the assembly process or publishing process. All single clips
> play perfectly OK in same players.
>
> Have searched help files to no avail. Any suggestions welcomed!

================================
Maybe the following link will offer some ideas:

Fixing the Green Bar Problem in Windows Movie Maker
http://www.bernzilla.com/item.php?id=884

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

cubsur

Re: MOVIE MAKER IN VISTA ERROR IN PLAYBACK OF MOVIE FILE
Worked after a bit of trial and error! Disabled Real Player in the process
but no great loss until I get it back. Thanks for pointing me there.