Windows is not importing only new images from camera

Ev

Windows is not importing only new images from camera
Hello!

Windows claim the following:
Windows detects your newest pictures and doesn't import duplicate versions
of older pictures that you've already copied to your computer.

HOWEVER, ive connected my camera (via usb cable) to my laptop and all the
images on the camera appear to be importing. This bugs me as i've a lot of
photos on the cam and its wastes my time! Any ideas on how to fix this?

Cheers, Ev.
jacky

Re: Windows is not importing only new images from camera

"Ev" <Ev@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> Hello!
>

> Windows claim the following:
> Windows detects your newest pictures and doesn't import duplicate versions
> of older pictures that you've already copied to your computer.
>
> HOWEVER, ive connected my camera (via usb cable) to my laptop and all the
> images on the camera appear to be importing. This bugs me as i've a lot of
> photos on the cam and its wastes my time! Any ideas on how to fix this?
>
> Cheers, Ev.

have you been changing your photo's? (color, contrast etc?)

Dave

Re: Windows is not importing only new images from camera
Are you using Windows Photo Gallery?
If so, the newer Windows Live Photo Gallery lets you select which photos to
import.
http://get.live.com/photogallery/overview

--
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"Ev" <Ev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello!
>

> Windows claim the following:
> Windows detects your newest pictures and doesn't import duplicate versions
> of older pictures that you've already copied to your computer.
>
> HOWEVER, ive connected my camera (via usb cable) to my laptop and all the
> images on the camera appear to be importing. This bugs me as i've a lot of
> photos on the cam and its wastes my time! Any ideas on how to fix this?
>
> Cheers, Ev.

Ev

Re: Windows is not importing only new images from camera
do you mean on the actual camera? if so no. i've most likely reduced the size
of some of the images since theyve been imported but still.

I see what yr gettin at tho, even the slightest amend would make the camera
think it isnt the original. still, i really dont want to import all the
images again. Is there no way i can just select which ones are imported?

"jacky" wrote:

> "Ev" <Ev@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> > Hello!
> >

> > Windows claim the following:
> > Windows detects your newest pictures and doesn't import duplicate versions
> > of older pictures that you've already copied to your computer.
> >
> > HOWEVER, ive connected my camera (via usb cable) to my laptop and all the
> > images on the camera appear to be importing. This bugs me as i've a lot of
> > photos on the cam and its wastes my time! Any ideas on how to fix this?
> >
> > Cheers, Ev.

> have you been changing your photo's? (color, contrast etc?)

Ev

Re: Windows is not importing only new images from camera
thats awesome dave. just downloaded it!

thank you much! night..