convert wav to mp3 and mp3 to wav

mediaplayerasker

convert wav to mp3 and mp3 to wav
Hey everybody,

I have a .wav music file and I want to convert it to mp3. I know it is
possible with soundrecorder of xp but i have only a windows vista computer.
I know too it is possible to convert it to a audio cd and than copy it with
wmp 11 to mp3 but that's a long way for much numbers. Somebody can help me
please??

I don't know also how I convert mp3 to wav and I need wav because I have a
program that only works with wav. Somebody can help me please??

Thank you.

PS: happy new year!!!!!
Dave

Re: convert wav to mp3 and mp3 to wav
If you have the Media Converter from the XP Plus! pack, it will work on
Vista.

If not, you can download Audacity, a free audio recorder/editor program
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

You will also need the LAME encoder
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help...&item=lame-mp3

--
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"mediaplayerasker" <mediaplayerasker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:0F25FBA7-2A5B-464E-B620-B943F5CD5266@microsoft.com...
> Hey everybody,
>
> I have a .wav music file and I want to convert it to mp3. I know it is
> possible with soundrecorder of xp but i have only a windows vista
> computer.
> I know too it is possible to convert it to a audio cd and than copy it
> with
> wmp 11 to mp3 but that's a long way for much numbers. Somebody can help me
> please??
>
> I don't know also how I convert mp3 to wav and I need wav because I have a
> program that only works with wav. Somebody can help me please??
>
> Thank you.
>
> PS: happy new year!!!!!

mediaplayerasker

Re: convert wav to mp3 and mp3 to wav
thank you very much

I do it right now

"Dave" wrote:

> If you have the Media Converter from the XP Plus! pack, it will work on
> Vista.
>
> If not, you can download Audacity, a free audio recorder/editor program
> http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
>
> You will also need the LAME encoder
> http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help...&item=lame-mp3
>
> --
> http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
>
> "mediaplayerasker" <mediaplayerasker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:0F25FBA7-2A5B-464E-B620-B943F5CD5266@microsoft.com...
> > Hey everybody,
> >
> > I have a .wav music file and I want to convert it to mp3. I know it is
> > possible with soundrecorder of xp but i have only a windows vista
> > computer.
> > I know too it is possible to convert it to a audio cd and than copy it
> > with
> > wmp 11 to mp3 but that's a long way for much numbers. Somebody can help me
> > please??
> >
> > I don't know also how I convert mp3 to wav and I need wav because I have a
> > program that only works with wav. Somebody can help me please??
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > PS: happy new year!!!!!

Powell

RE: convert wav to mp3 and mp3 to wav
Go to www.nch.com.au/switch and get their Switch application. It works like a
dream and is very simple. In fact, once you download it, it appears in the
pane when you right click a music file and will make the conversion right
from there on individual songs or batch files.
--
PBL

"mediaplayerasker" wrote:

> Hey everybody,
>
> I have a .wav music file and I want to convert it to mp3. I know it is
> possible with soundrecorder of xp but i have only a windows vista computer.
> I know too it is possible to convert it to a audio cd and than copy it with
> wmp 11 to mp3 but that's a long way for much numbers. Somebody can help me
> please??
>
> I don't know also how I convert mp3 to wav and I need wav because I have a
> program that only works with wav. Somebody can help me please??
>
> Thank you.
>
> PS: happy new year!!!!!

smith45

Re: convert wav to mp3 and mp3 to wav

Use 'FlexiMusic Wave Editor'
(http://www.fleximusic.com/waveditor/overview.htm) to convert from Wave
to Mp3 and vice versa. It works on Vista.

--
smith45