Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Windows media player subtitles

microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2007
No one
 

Posts: n/a
Windows media player subtitles
I have a problem with windows media player 11 (running on Windows Vista Home
Premium). It cannot read subtitles... Can you PLEASE provide me with a link
to a group of codecs (or other meanings of solving this problem) that can
solve my problem? Some help will do a HUGE good to me and I will apreciate it
very much.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-25-2007
zachd [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows media player subtitles

What type of subtitles? WMP only natively supports SAMI. If you're using
SUB or other extension, you'd need a custom file filter for that. Since you
didn't mention which specific subtitle format it was, we'd all have to
guess. =)

--
Speaking for myself only.
See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
--

"No one" <Noone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:373DCD3E-DB34-4011-B90D-7A58B8706706@microsoft.com...
>I have a problem with windows media player 11 (running on Windows Vista
>Home
> Premium). It cannot read subtitles... Can you PLEASE provide me with a
> link
> to a group of codecs (or other meanings of solving this problem) that can
> solve my problem? Some help will do a HUGE good to me and I will apreciate
> it
> very much.



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-31-2007
No one
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows media player subtitles
Yes... as you undoubtfully guessed, I want it to read *.srt and *.sub files.
Can you please give me some advice about it? Thanks anyway for your help.

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

>
> What type of subtitles? WMP only natively supports SAMI. If you're using
> SUB or other extension, you'd need a custom file filter for that. Since you
> didn't mention which specific subtitle format it was, we'd all have to
> guess. =)
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
> --
>
> "No one" <Noone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:373DCD3E-DB34-4011-B90D-7A58B8706706@microsoft.com...
> >I have a problem with windows media player 11 (running on Windows Vista
> >Home
> > Premium). It cannot read subtitles... Can you PLEASE provide me with a
> > link
> > to a group of codecs (or other meanings of solving this problem) that can
> > solve my problem? Some help will do a HUGE good to me and I will apreciate
> > it
> > very much.

>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-31-2007
zachd [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows media player subtitles

I don't track SRT or SUB file filters and so couldn't provide
recommendations there. If you do a quick search, you should find various
answers. =)

--
Speaking for myself only.
See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
--

"No one" <Noone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:4C5A1FB5-15C5-4B60-9981-E0CA8EEE00E1@microsoft.com...
> Yes... as you undoubtfully guessed, I want it to read *.srt and *.sub
> files.
> Can you please give me some advice about it? Thanks anyway for your help.
>
> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>>
>> What type of subtitles? WMP only natively supports SAMI. If you're
>> using
>> SUB or other extension, you'd need a custom file filter for that. Since
>> you
>> didn't mention which specific subtitle format it was, we'd all have to
>> guess. =)
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
>> rights.
>> --
>>
>> "No one" <Noone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:373DCD3E-DB34-4011-B90D-7A58B8706706@microsoft.com...
>> >I have a problem with windows media player 11 (running on Windows Vista
>> >Home
>> > Premium). It cannot read subtitles... Can you PLEASE provide me with a
>> > link
>> > to a group of codecs (or other meanings of solving this problem) that
>> > can
>> > solve my problem? Some help will do a HUGE good to me and I will
>> > apreciate
>> > it
>> > very much.

>>
>>
>>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article ID: 936706 Musik setzt wiedergegeben, nachdem Sie Windows Media Player 11 beenden, wenn das Windows Media Player-gadget für Windows SideShow auf einem Windows Vista-based Computer ausgeführt wird, fort KBArticles German 0 10-22-2007 21:20
Article ID: 936706 Music continues to play after you exit Windows Media Player 11 if the Windows Media Player gadget for Windows SideShow is running on a Windows Vista-based computer KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
How do you turn off transparent subtitles in Media Center? - Solve JB Prime microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 0 07-12-2007 02:34
Windows Media Center - Subtitles =?Utf-8?B?QmlsbHkgUmV5bm9sZHM=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 3 05-01-2007 05:50
How do you turn off transparent subtitles in Media Center? =?Utf-8?B?SkIgUHJpbWU=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 1 02-06-2007 08:55




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 21:04.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120