burn dvd in Vista Business

TMAC

burn dvd in Vista Business
I am running Vista Business. I want to burn a video on dvd from a camera. I
have been unable to do it. I did download the video in Movie Maker but it is
a huge file and will not burn. I guess Business does not have Media Center
which is required. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
--
TMac
Cal Bear '66

Re: burn dvd in Vista Business
Vista Business does not have Windows Movie Maker. You will need a third party
application to edit, encode and burn your camcorder files to DVD.

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"TMAC" <TMAC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am running Vista Business. I want to burn a video on dvd from a camera. I
> have been unable to do it. I did download the video in Movie Maker but it is
> a huge file and will not burn. I guess Business does not have Media Center
> which is required. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
> --
> TMac

TMAC

Re: burn dvd in Vista Business
Can you recomment a third party application that would be good. thanks
--
TMac

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> Vista Business does not have Windows Movie Maker. You will need a third party
> application to edit, encode and burn your camcorder files to DVD.
>

> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "TMAC" <TMAC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am running Vista Business. I want to burn a video on dvd from a camera. I
> > have been unable to do it. I did download the video in Movie Maker but it is
> > a huge file and will not burn. I guess Business does not have Media Center
> > which is required. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
> > --
> > TMac

Cal Bear '66

Re: burn dvd in Vista Business
There is Roxio and Nero (and something called Nero micro --don't know much about
it, though). Both of these are not free.

I don't know of any free programs that have DVD editing, encoding and burning
capabilities -- not that there aren't any, or that you couldn't find free
programs that could separately perform these functions.

> Can you recomment a third party application that would be good. thanks
> --
> TMac
>

> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> Vista Business does not have Windows Movie Maker. You will need a third
>> party
>> application to edit, encode and burn your camcorder files to DVD.
>>

>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!
>>

>> "TMAC" <TMAC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am running Vista Business. I want to burn a video on dvd from a camera.
>> > have been unable to do it. I did download the video in Movie Maker but it
>> > is
>> > a huge file and will not burn. I guess Business does not have Media Center
>> > which is required. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
>> > --
>> > TMac

PapaJohn

Re: burn dvd in Vista Business
Hmmm... the chart I have on my website's Vista > Intro page says Movie Maker
is in each version including Business. And I copied the chart from a
Microsoft Vista startup guide.

PapaJohn

"Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message
> Vista Business does not have Windows Movie Maker. You will need a third
> party application to edit, encode and burn your camcorder files to DVD.
>

> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "TMAC" <TMAC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I am running Vista Business. I want to burn a video on dvd from a camera.
>> have been unable to do it. I did download the video in Movie Maker but
>> it is
>> a huge file and will not burn. I guess Business does not have Media
>> Center
>> which is required. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
>> --
>> TMac

Cal Bear '66

Re: burn dvd in Vista Business
Maybe, I could not find the chart on the Windows site. All I could find relates
to HD in Movie maker:

"U. Windows DVD Maker, HD support for Windows Movie Maker, Chess Titans, and
Mahjong Titans are available in Windows Vista Home Premium and Windows Vista
Ultimate."

And we all know that the games are not installed by default in Vista Business,
but CAN be installed later by the user.

Still looking for this Starup Guide.

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"PapaJohn" <papajohn@chartermi.net> wrote in message
> Hmmm... the chart I have on my website's Vista > Intro page says Movie Maker
> is in each version including Business. And I copied the chart from a Microsoft
> Vista startup guide.
>
> --
> website references are to www.papajohn.org
>
> PapaJohn
>

> "Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message
>> Vista Business does not have Windows Movie Maker. You will need a third
>> party application to edit, encode and burn your camcorder files to DVD.
>>

>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!
>>

>> "TMAC" <TMAC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>I am running Vista Business. I want to burn a video on dvd from a camera. I
>>> have been unable to do it. I did download the video in Movie Maker but it
>>> is
>>> a huge file and will not burn. I guess Business does not have Media Center
>>> which is required. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks
>>> --
>>> TMac

Cal Bear '66

Re: burn dvd in Vista Business
OK -- I found the Vista Product Guide -- Movie Maker is available in all
editions -- HD Movie Maker and DVD Maker are only in Home Premium and Ultimate.

Well Excuuuuse me!

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

> Maybe, I could not find the chart on the Windows site. All I could find
> relates to HD in Movie maker:
>
> "U. Windows DVD Maker, HD support for Windows Movie Maker, Chess Titans, and
> Mahjong Titans are available in Windows Vista Home Premium and Windows Vista
> Ultimate."
>
> And we all know that the games are not installed by default in Vista Business,
> but CAN be installed later by the user.
>
> Still looking for this Starup Guide.
>

> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "PapaJohn" <papajohn@chartermi.net> wrote in message
>> Hmmm... the chart I have on my website's Vista > Intro page says Movie Maker
>> is in each version including Business. And I copied the chart from a
>> Microsoft Vista startup guide.
>>
>> --
>> website references are to www.papajohn.org
>>
>> PapaJohn
>>

>> "Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message
>>> Vista Business does not have Windows Movie Maker. You will need a third
>>> party application to edit, encode and burn your camcorder files to DVD.
>>>

>>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>>> GO BEARS!

PapaJohn

Re: burn dvd in Vista Business
Here's a link... to the Product Guide.... the chart on my page is a
composite of info from it.

PapaJohn

"Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message
> Maybe, I could not find the chart on the Windows site. All I could find
> relates to HD in Movie maker:
>
> "U. Windows DVD Maker, HD support for Windows Movie Maker, Chess Titans,
> and Mahjong Titans are available in Windows Vista Home Premium and Windows
> Vista Ultimate."
>
> And we all know that the games are not installed by default in Vista
> Business, but CAN be installed later by the user.
>
> Still looking for this Starup Guide.
>

> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "PapaJohn" <papajohn@chartermi.net> wrote in message
>> Hmmm... the chart I have on my website's Vista > Intro page says Movie
>> Maker is in each version including Business. And I copied the chart from
>> a Microsoft Vista startup guide.
>>
>> --
>> website references are to www.papajohn.org
>>
>> PapaJohn
>>

>> "Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message
>>> Vista Business does not have Windows Movie Maker. You will need a third
>>> party application to edit, encode and burn your camcorder files to DVD.
>>>

>>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>>> GO BEARS!

Cal Bear '66

Re: burn dvd in Vista Business
Thank you.

Yes, I found it.

And, I apologize for giving erroneous information.

I'll go sit quietly in the corner now.

> Here's a link... to the Product Guide.... the chart on my page is a composite
> of info from it.

> website references are to www.papajohn.org
>
> PapaJohn
>

> "Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message
>> Maybe, I could not find the chart on the Windows site. All I could find
>> relates to HD in Movie maker:
>>
>> "U. Windows DVD Maker, HD support for Windows Movie Maker, Chess Titans, and
>> Mahjong Titans are available in Windows Vista Home Premium and Windows Vista
>> Ultimate."
>>
>> And we all know that the games are not installed by default in Vista
>> Business, but CAN be installed later by the user.
>>
>> Still looking for this Starup Guide.
>>

>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!
>>

>> "PapaJohn" <papajohn@chartermi.net> wrote in message
>>> Hmmm... the chart I have on my website's Vista > Intro page says Movie Maker
>>> is in each version including Business. And I copied the chart from a
>>> Microsoft Vista startup guide.
>>>
>>> --
>>> website references are to www.papajohn.org
>>>
>>> PapaJohn

Bestlife

Re: burn dvd in Vista Business
You might want to look into purchasing a DVD burner the last one I bought
came with Nero I haven't used it however because I think it might conflict
with Windows Media and Vista. Nero worked great when I was using XP. If you
only have one DVD burner you might enjoy installing an extra one to your
computer.